NAVARRE BEACH, Fla. -- The 5-at-10 has taken the show on the road.
We are going to move quicky as the sand, tots and mini-golf are on the agenda.
From the sun-splashed veranda of the "Talks too much" studios, let's make the magic happen.
For the regular readers, you know the drill. The 5-at-10 is normally five things on our mind at 10 a.m. Five at 10, pretty genius, huh?
Well, since we are sneaking up on 700 consecutive 5-at-10s on Mondays-Fridays, we can hardly stop now.
That said, when we're on vacation, we have to adapt and overcome -- i.e. shorten the process.
So we do top 5 lists (and if you have any suggestions/requests, fire away).
Today, we're going with sports' biggest needle-movers of the last 25 years:
1) Michael Jordan -- Biggest sports star globally since Ali
2) Tiger Woods -- Sunday's win at the Players magnified today's pop-culture fact in golf -- whether you love him or hate him, things are infinitely more interesting when Tiger is involved
3) Mike Tyson -- boxing has never been the same since his implosion
4) LeBron James -- OG's going to protest, but the NBA is relevant again because of the King
5) Roger Federer -- if he made us watch tennis, that's an accomplishment on it's own
Jay was named the Sports Editor of the Times Free Press in 2003 and started with the newspaper in May 2002 as the Deputy Sports Editor. He was born and raised in Smyrna, Ga., and graduated from Auburn University before starting his newspaper career in 1997 with the Newnan (Ga.) Times Herald. Stops in Clayton and Henry counties in Georgia and two years as the Sports Editor of the Marietta (Ga.) Daily Journal preceded Jay’s ...