published Sunday, November 10th, 2013

Harrison home burns; no injuries

Get directions:  To here - From here

No one was injured Saturday in a house fire at 7325 Sims Road in Harrison, authorities said.

Hamilton County Emergency Services spokeswoman Amy Maxwell said in a news release that a neighbor saw the blaze at the home of Bruce Sims and called 911. Highway 58 Volunteer Fire Department arrived at 12:10 p.m. and reported heavy fire in the attic and back of the house. Tri-Community VFD also responded, and Bradley County Fire Rescue and East Ridge Fire Department were on stand-by.

Maxwell said the flames and heat caused the home's metal roof to become unstable and firefighters were ordered out, so they battled the blaze from the exterior. Sims was not home when fire crews got there but arrived soon after, she said.

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office will investigate the fire, Maxwell said.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.