• Christmas Market: Heritage House, 1428 Jenkins Road in Heritage Park, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m., free, featuring two dozen crafters. facebook.com/HeritageHouseArtsandCivicCenter.
• Cherokee Sierra Club: Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St., 7 p.m., visitors welcome, program by J.W. Randolph, Tennessee director of Appalachian Voices, on mountaintop removal. 718-5009.
• Thanksgiving Eve Festival: Salvation Army, 800 McCallie Ave., noon-2 p.m., free, hamburgers, hot dogs, popcorn, games and karaoke. 756-1023.
• Stuffing Strut: Chester Frost Park, 2318 N. Gold Point Circle, 8 a.m., $25 adults, $15 youth, benefits Soddy-Daisy Food Bank, Dallas Bay Firefighters Children's Fund, Hixson, Sale Creek, Loftis and Soddy middle schools. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Turkey Trot: Sports Barn East, 6148 Lee Highway, 8 a.m., $20-$25, benefits Kidney Foundation. 265-4397.
• River Gallery Open House: River Gallery, 400 E. Second St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m., free; trunk show of jewelry by Mary Lynn Portera 11 a.m.-4 p.m. 266-5033.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...
related articles »
Christmas is coming. Here are some ways to celebrate over the next few days.
If it seems too early to start the countdown to Christmas, consider that Dec. 25 is only 34 days away. ...