published Monday, November 25th, 2013

Man treated and released from hospital after sustaining injuries in kitchen fire

959 Gateway Ave
Get directions:  To here - From here

A man was taken to a local hospital today after a fire in his kitchen led to his sustaining first-degree burns.

The Chattanooga Fire Department said the man, who has not been identified, was released from the hospital

The fire early this afternoon occurred in the man's apartment on the fourth floor at the Dogwood Manor Apartments at 959 Gateway Ave.

The victim said he was heating some oil and left the stove unattended. He returned to find a burning pot and received burns in the process of trying to put a towel over the pot so as to extinguish the flames.

A sprinkler activated and put out the fire before firefighters arrived, a news release said.

The kitchen received minimal fire damage though there were some water damage from the sprinkler system.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.