To donate or hold a United Way campaign at your place of business, visit the website at www.LiveUnitedChattanooga.org or call the campaign office at 423-752-0370.
With a month to go in the 2013 United Way of Greater Chattanooga community campaign, agency officials said $8.3 million, or 69 percent, of their $12 million stretch goal has been raised.
Dozens of campaign volunteers and hundreds of company campaigns and their coordinators are moving fast to raise the final $3.7 million to reach the $12 million mark.
United Way supports programs and agencies that help children succeed in education, promote financial stability so people can provide for themselves and their families, and care for the most vulnerable in our community.
“The United Way of Greater Chattanooga serves as the tip-of-the-spear in enhancing education for our youth, providing stability for our families, and support for our most vulnerable,” said Tom Decosimo, campaign chairman and principal of Decosimo Certified Accountants, in a news release.
“The tip-of-the-spear message must be resonating clearly, as recent employee campaigns continue to produce outstanding results,” he said.
United Way highlighted significant increases in corporate campaigns this year:
• Chattanooga Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has completed its campaign with a 34 percent increase over its final campaign total in 2012.
• Hamilton County Government has completed its 2013 campaign, met their goal, and exceeded it by 5 percent.
• Decosimo Certified Public Accountants has exceeded its 2012 performance, as well as met and exceeded its 2013 campaign goal with an 85 percent employee participation rate.
• Belk Hamilton Place has increased its 2013 campaign performance by 24 percent over last year’s campaign collection.
• Roper Co. has increased its campaign total by 1 percent in 2013.
• Shaw Group has shown a 3 percent increase in its employee campaign over 2012.
• Nissan Brake increased its 2013 employee campaign results by 39 percent.
United Way’s community campaign will continue through Dec. 31.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
The war is half won.
The chairman of this year's United Way of Greater Chattanooga fundraising campaign announced today that the organization has raised 23 ...
Nobody is going to top the 2012 United Way campaign kickoff that featured the Howard School marching band. That campaign ...
The United Way of Greater Chattanooga outpaced an improving economy and raised a record $11,950,726 in its 2010 community campaign, ...