published Thursday, November 28th, 2013

Thanksgiving cooking turns into home fire

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Thanksgiving cooking turned catastrophic at a Birmingham home when a fire destroyed the residence.

Mildred Cook told AL.com that she was cooking on her stove late Wednesday when a fire started and quickly spread throughout her home in the South East Lake neighborhood a few miles from downtown.

Cook said her husband was home, as well.

She said the fire started on the stove as she was about to begin cooking greens. It quickly jumped to a vent and apparently spread quickly through the attic.

Albert Ward of the Birmingham Fire and Rescue Service said the home is a total loss.

Cook told AL.com that she'd planned to host family for Thanksgiving dinner, but instead had to turn her attention to finding a hotel room.

about Associated Press...

The Associated Press

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.