The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga women's golf team is in 10th place out of 12 teams in the Diane Thomason Invitational at Iowa City, Iowa, after Saturday's two rounds of play. Illinois leads at 600, one shot ahead of Kansas and three better than GRU Augusta. UTC is at 627 after a disappointing 320 first round followed by a 307. Leading the Mocs are Jordan Britt in a tie for 25th place at 155 and Emily McLennan and Agathe Sauzon tied for 39th and 44th at 157 and 158.
• The UTC men's golf team plays Monday and Tuesday in the AutoTrader.com Collegiate tournament at Berkeley Hills Country Club in Duluth, Ga., near Atlanta. The 14-team field includes Furman, UNC Greensboro and Georgia Southern from the Southern Conference as well as Southeastern Conference teams Kentucky and Mississippi.
• Zach McCown scored from a Stephen Millage assist with just over 15 minutes left in regulation time to give Bryan College a 1-0 Appalachian Athletic Conference men's soccer home win Saturday against Reinhardt University. Bryan (9-2, 6-1) outshot the visitors 13-5, including 7-2 in the second half, and Josh Oldroyd needed only two saves for the shutout.
• The Reinhardt women's soccer team scored three first-half goals, two by Allie Hale, and went on to a 4-1 win Saturday in an AAC game at Bryan College. Hale added a second-half assist for Kristin Clegg before Shannon Mollenhauer scored for Bryan (4-8-1, 0-7-1), which was outshot 22-6 and got seven saves from Stephanie Gagnon.
• With more than 1,200 people in attendance for Covenant's homecoming men's soccer match Saturday, Snoopy Davidson had two goals and three assists in the Scots' 5-1 USA South win over North Carolina Wesleyan, giving him five goals and four assists in three matches this week. Danny Knight, Michael Arango and Matt Hudnut scored the other goals Saturday, and Joel Friesen and Roy Anderson had assists for Covenant (8-4-3, 3-2-1). The Covenant women won 1-0 over the same school, rising to 7-7-1, 5-2-1 in the USA South, on Bethany Logan's score from a Rachel Buys assist in the first minute of the second half. The Lady Scots had a 7-0 advantage in corner kicks.
• Liz Adams scored on a penalty kick and Kansas Carpenter and Lacreasha Couch also netted goals as Tennessee Temple beat Talladega College 3-0 in women's soccer Saturday at Camp Jordan Park. Lyndi Dodd got the shutout in goal as the Lady Crusaders rose to 5-8-1.
• New UTC men's basketball coach Will Wade will be the guest speaker for the Chattanooga Quarterback Club's noon luncheon meeting Monday at Finley Stadium, and the public is invited. Attendance costs $10 with a meal, $4 without.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress