• Name: Victory Pre-Owned of Dayton
• Location: 3771 Rhea County Highway in Dayton, Tenn., (in the former Heartland Grill building)
• Product: Buy, sell and trade pre-owned vehicles
• General Manager: Michael Ament, 29
• Inspiration behind the name: Ament said that Victory dealership strives “to be number one,” through its financing and accessibility to more than 3,000 vehicles, whether on the lot or helping to locate in-demand vehicles.
• Challenges: Ament, who’d spent two years as a finance manager in Crossville, Tenn, said that renovating the former restaurant seating area and kitchen space into offices had caused minor difficulties. Currently, a portion of the former back seating area is closed, but Ament said constructing a showroom is next on the agenda.
• Lesson learned: Ament said that he’s learned about helping the community, and the satisfaction he’s garnered from witnessing his employees’ success.
• Goals: The immediate goals of spreading the word about this month-old franchise, Ament said, ranks as his top priority.
— Kimberly McMillian is based in Rhea County. Contact her at email@example.com.