Events and seminars
• East Brainerd Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. The networking and business expo costs $10.
• Experience Talks: Branding Identity from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at The Camp House, 1427 Williams St. This seminar is part of a 10-month series that taps several of the area's successful entrepreneurs to share stories about overcoming obstacles common to small businesses. Lunch will be provided at the free event, hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and CO.LAB in partnership with Cohutta Bank. You can register by calling 423-756-8668.
• An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• East Ridge Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn and Suites, 6710 Ringgold Road. Rob Bradham, vice president of Public Strategies for the Chattanooga Chamber, will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Chattanooga State -- CBIH Building, 4501 Amnicola Highway (Former Olan Mills Building). Chattanooga Councilmen Ken Smith and Russell Gilbert will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other startup materials. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Chattanooga Chamber Open House from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at 811 Broad St. The event brings Chamber members, investors and staffers together to connect in the offices that support the membership network. With over 700 attendees last year, the Chamber event is an opportunity for local companies to highlight their brands, network and enter to win grand prizes. For more information, contact Stacy Carmosino at email@example.com.
• YPAC Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the Chattanooga Chamber, 811 Broad St. The monthly luncheon offers networking and a keynote discussion from a local leader on topics related to the career development of the area's young professionals. Entry is $10 for YPAC members, $12 for nonmembers or $15 at the door. Visit www.ypchattanooga.org to learn more.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress