• Central High School class of 1968 is holding its 45-year reunion today at Pier 2. For more information, contact Cliff Crownover 423-344-3575.
• University of Chattanooga class of 1963 and UC Fifty-Plus Club will hold a 50-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 25-26, on the UTC campus. For more information, call the UTC Office of Alumni Affairs at 425-4785 or 1-800-728-4882.
• Bradley Central High School class of 1954 is holding its 59-year reunion on Saturday, Nov. 2, at First Baptist Church in Cleveland, Tenn. For reservations or information, contact Betty Cartwright, 423-339-2333.
• Kirkman High School class of 1954 will hold its 59-year reunion on Saturday, Nov. 2, at 3 p.m. at Wally's Restaurant, 6521 Ringgold Road. For more information, call Ben Pettitt at 706-866-4824, or Jo Cordell Murray at 423-877-4251.
• Howard High School class of 1963 is holding a meeting Saturday, Nov. 9, at 5 p.m. at the Veterans Club, 2114 Wilder St. For more information, call 693-7867.
• A reunion of all former Chattanooga Jaycees and Jaycettes from the 1970s to the 1990s will be held Saturday, Oct. 26, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the home of Sal and Jeanie Geraci in Harrison. For more information and directions to the event, email Bonnie Cox at KendrickBO@yahoo.com.
• The 78th Simpson family reunion will be held Saturday, Oct. 26, at 10 a.m. at the Soddy Community Center, 190 Depot St., in Soddy-Daisy. Bring family photos and covered dishes for noon lunch. For more information, call 706-664-4935.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...