published Tuesday, October 29th, 2013

Outreach

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

78
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
PlainTruth said...

Like Charles Barkley said, Poor people been votin for Democrats for 50yrs....still poor.

October 29, 2013 at 12:10 a.m.
alprova said...

They may be poor, but they aren't dying in the streets or are made to attend a church sermon in order to receive some leftover crumbs, following a big feast on Sunday afternoon, as some on the right believe charity should be doled out.

October 29, 2013 at 12:33 a.m.
alprova said...

Speaking of minority outreach, what about that great man, Marco Rubio, who wrote a bill and introduced it in the Senate to reform immigration, and then turns against it, advising everyone to vote against it.

That's Republican leadership!!!

October 29, 2013 at 12:38 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpo slipping deeper into the abyss

October 29, 2013 at 12:41 a.m.
alprova said...

The first video covers all three efforts to kick off the GOP minority outreach this week in North Carolina.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/north-carolina-gop-having-some-trouble-the

Virginia looks to be going blue in three high profile races for top leadership positions, and I'm betting after this, North Carolina will too.

October 29, 2013 at 12:54 a.m.
facyspacy said...

How about that guy named barrack Obama who introduced a new healthcare system and thenagainst the objections of some, still rolled out the website and now... went ahead and delayed penalties until 3/31/13.... Answer this question... How is the Obama admin going to convince young people to pay for health insurance when the penalty is so little?

October 29, 2013 at 2:48 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

"Stupid people been voting Republican for a long time."

Quoting Charles Barkley proves it.

October 29, 2013 at 5:25 a.m.
fairmon said...

The government and a large segment of society have a bad case of co-dependency. Some in government behave like an abusive spouse that manipulates and controls. They convince the dependent they cannot do anything on their own and provide enough to keep them in their grasp. They instill fear and convince the dependent they know what is best for them and will make better decisions than they can make for themselves. They provide a hand out but never a hand up.

October 29, 2013 at 6:05 a.m.
fairmon said...

Barkley is right and the percent considered poor is growing more rapidly than the nations debt. It is amazing how many people look to those that cannot manage those things in their charge to handle their personal affairs.

October 29, 2013 at 6:21 a.m.
fairmon said...

NBC news...

millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.

Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC News that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a "cancellation" letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don't meet the standards mandated by the new health care law.

One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience "sticker shock."

The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be "grandfathered," meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don't meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example the policy would not be grandfathered

In other words your policy will have those benefits whether you need them or not. So what if you are 60 years of age and don't need or want prenatal care or paternity coverage? So what if you don't want mental health coverage you will have it anyway, we know what is best for you so shut up and take your medicine or you will get a whipping (taxed)

October 29, 2013 at 8:27 a.m.
joneses said...

The liberal belief is to keep people poor so they will have no other recourse but to depend on the government for the crumbs the government decides to give them so the government can control their meager survival. The liberal philosophy does not include giving people the opportunity to better their lives and to stand as successful individuals. Individualism does not exist in the liberal dictionary as everyone is placed in groups by the liberals. If one depends on the government by sitting on their a$$ and contributing nothing and mooching off others for their survival they will always be in poverty and the liberals will always have someone to lie to with their false promises.

October 29, 2013 at 8:29 a.m.
fairmon said...

"The web site will be working soon, we now have the brightest and smartest working on it." Not added was: instead of those idiots in D.C that contracted with a contractor not capable of handling a task that large.

The republicans are not very smart or they would be helping get the web site working ASAP and insisting all exceptions that have been made be rescinded. People need to know what they are going to have and what it will cost them.

The libertarian party should be identifying candidates and begin communicating their position to every citizen in the country now. Fiscally conservative and social issues liberal will find favor among the intelligent voters in both parties. The number that is intelligent enough to understand may not be adequate but they may be able to influence enough of those being abused to succeed. It is difficult to break the chain of party loyalty because my parents and grant parents were or because of some self serving interest.

October 29, 2013 at 8:42 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

Will we ever see a politican in Tennessee who stands up for his faith as the Governor of Ohio does:

"Once a leader of the conservative firebrands in Congress under Newt Gingrich in the 1990s, (Gov. John) Kasich has surprised and disarmed some former critics on the left with his championing of Ohio’s disadvantaged, which he frames as a matter of Christian compassion. - NYT 10/29/2013

He asked, how many people clamoring to stop helping the poor had grandparents work worked inthe WPA?

October 29, 2013 at 8:53 a.m.
GameOn said...

Looks like a healthcare navigator for Obamascare.

October 29, 2013 at 9:01 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

"If you like your Health Plan, you can keep your Health Plan. Period". "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period." Now to most people, those are 2 incontrovertible, bald face, lies. But to the Obama sheep, I guess there's just been a misunderstanding. Right, Alpo?

October 29, 2013 at 9:07 a.m.
alprova said...

You people can keep digging up article after article, citing all this crap about canceled insurance policies, and tripling of the rates, and all it amounts to is nothing more than chicken wing flapping.

What is missing is the personal testimony by so much as one person who has had their insurance canceled, and their personal experience in signing up for a replacement policy.

I would love nothing more than to offer my personal testimony, but I do not qualify for an ObamaCare policy any longer.

Am I the only person who has tried to sign up?

Are all you who are opposed to ObamaCare not even going to go the length to prove yourselves correct by checking it out to see what health care will cost you, or are you all currently covered by health care insurance, and therefore are going to keep the insurance you have and will be keeping your Doctors?

Who really is lying?

October 29, 2013 at 9:28 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Easy answer, alpo. Your president.

October 29, 2013 at 9:31 a.m.
alprova said...

inquiringmind, you failed to note the reason why John Kasic is being praised as a shining example of a Christian Conservative, even from the left.

He apparently didn't get the memo from the Republican Party, and there is a very good reason why he is experiencing praise from the left and is being criticized from the right.

He went around his own legislature and accepted $2.9 billion in ACA funds to expand Medicaid for his state, which has angered the Republican Party.

Ohio is now the FOURTH state with total GOP controlled Governments to accept ACA Funds to expand Medicare, joining a total of 25 states that have decided to accept funds as well.

The unified GOP affront resisting ObamaCare is unraveling day by day.

Ted Cruz must be popping veins.

October 29, 2013 at 9:47 a.m.
tifosi said...

Bye-bye Tea Party. Business is leaving you.

October 29, 2013 at 9:49 a.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Easy answer, alpo. Your president."

I've asked you to prove that, by citing your personal experience of your insurance being canceled or your personal experience checking out rates that an ObamaCare policy will cost you.

Digging up news articles, citing unnamed sources is great entertainment, and while you believe the accusations offered, it doesn't prove a damn thing.

I want PROOF...not rumor, innuendo, or chicken wing flapping written by others.

October 29, 2013 at 9:52 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alps: With respect to my 9:07 post, you're gonna deny the lies? Really?

October 29, 2013 at 9:57 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Honest politician Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK): "There's no comity with Harry Reid. I think he's an absolute a--hole." you go, doc!

October 29, 2013 at 10:04 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Serious question. Is there anything this administration is good at?

October 29, 2013 at 10:47 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Obama = No Mas Pantalones.

October 29, 2013 at 11:06 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova:

Sorry for the late start, the Lord was blessing me with substantial income. I hope to make up for it. In the mean time:

You may have missed this.

alprova:

I accept your challenge to refute you:

God's moral law existed prior to the Mosaic law and still exists today!

God's moral law existed prior to the Mosaic law and still exists today!

That is a truth you don't see or understand or deny.

Alprova, homosexuality and sodomy was immoral behavior and a sin prior to the Mosaic law, during the period of the Mosaic law, after the Mosaic law and is still immoral behavior and sin today!

October 29, 2013 at 11:19 a.m.
conservative said...

BTW, I read some of Rick's comments from last night. Seems I am not the only one who has experienced your dishonesty.

October 29, 2013 at 11:23 a.m.
ibshame said...

"PlainTruth said... Serious question. Is there anything this administration is good at?"

Evidently they are pretty good at something or President Obama wouldn't be in the White House for a second term - meaning he beat the GOP not once but twice. And the second time was AFTER the Affordable Health Care Act had been passed.

As long as the GOP has people like the teabaggers and nut jobs like that guy Don Yelton from North Carolina (who appeared on the Jon Stewart show and really told the truth about why the Repubs passed a voter suppression law in North Carolina) they are never going to have a successful outreach to anyone other than teabaggers and nut jobs. Eventually, the party leaders will have to purge those groups if they ever want to win the White House again.

Comment made by Yelton on Jon Stewart show:

"The law is going to kick the Democrats in the butt. If it hurts a bunch of college kids that are too lazy to get up off their bohonkas and go get a photo ID, then so be it. If it hurts a bunch of whites, so be it. If it hurts a bunch of lazy blacks that want the government to give them everything, then so be it."

October 29, 2013 at 11:26 a.m.
whatsthefuss said...

"Obamadon'tcare hotline! This is Peggy, How can I help you?

October 29, 2013 at 11:53 a.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said...

They may be poor, but they aren't dying in the streets or are made to attend a church sermon in order to receive some leftover crumbs, following a big feast on Sunday afternoon, as some on the right believe charity should be doled out.

So that is the Fleabagger’s new campaign slogan “Vote Fleabagger .... We May Leave You Poor But You're not Dying In The Streets”.

Anytime someone gives you something it always has a cost even if it is hidden from you.

BTW ... The poor get "a big feast on Sunday afternoon”? You do know that personal charity and concern for the disadvantaged has a definite “Conservative Bias” ... Right?

October 29, 2013 at 12:05 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said...

Speaking of minority outreach, what about that great man, Marco Rubio, who wrote a bill and introduced it in the Senate to reform immigration, and then turns against it, advising everyone to vote against it.

That's Republican leadership!!!

I know what you mean. We definitely don’t want to support or even have politicians that change their positions once they have expressed their policy stands. I’m sure you wouldn’t support someone that would do something like that as you have too much integrity ... Right?

BTW ... aren’t you glad that we have single payer and not those evil individual mandates. Also isn’t it reassuring that DOMA is still the law of the land ... Right?

October 29, 2013 at 12:19 p.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

conservative said...

"Sorry for the late start, the Lord was blessing me with substantial income. I hope to make up for it."

I didn't realize that there's a local sperm bank for those wanting the chromosome-damaged seed of religious nut-jobs. That explains the large number of Bible-Bangers and their low IQ.

October 29, 2013 at 12:20 p.m.
whatsnottaken said...

Tooney's democRATS have been fooling the people since the 60s. They pretend to be the party of the people while secretly keeping the people down because it serves their political interest. Then they pop their head out of the ground whenever they can cry "racism" and lead the people against the man. Like to know how many meals Jesse (and his incarcerated offsrpring) missed; or how many gang-bangers Al (Tawana Brawley) has dodged. Rock on brothers. And your pen pal Tooney.

October 29, 2013 at 12:22 p.m.
ibshame said...

And here's another jewel of the Repub. Party. that's laying out the welcome mat.

"A Republican Nevada state assemblyman said that he would vote for legislation in favor of slavery if his constituents wanted him to. According to the Las Vegas Sun, Jim Wheeler of Gardnerville, NV was speaking to the Storey County Republican Party when he made the remarks last August, although they are only now coming to light.

“If that’s what they wanted, I’d have to hold my nose, I’d have to bite my tongue and they’d probably have to hold a gun to my head, but yeah, if that’s what the citizens of the, if that’s what the constituency wants that elected me, that’s what they elected me for,” he said. “That’s what a republic is about.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/29/nevada-tea-party-republican-yeah-i-would-vote-to-bring-back-slavery/

No, I doubt they would have to hold a gun to your head. Those teabaggers are something else.

October 29, 2013 at 12:36 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Hey Shame: At least the R's don't have Alan Grayson. You guys own this nitwit.

October 29, 2013 at 12:40 p.m.
ibshame said...

"PlainTruth said... Hey Shame: At least the R's don't have Alan Grayson. You guys own this nitwit"

No, you don't have Alan Grayson because you have Akins, O'Donnell, Angle, Cruz, Rubio and the list could go on and on. LOL. The word teabagger has become synonymous with the words: nut job and loser, and the bunch I just mentioned are the poster boys and girls for losers.

October 29, 2013 at 12:55 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Shame: yeah, you guys have winners like Waxman, Maxine Waters, Boxer, Pelosi, Reid, Jackson-Leigh, Conyers, Harkin,Gillebrand, Rush, Cummings, and on & on. A kind of mini politburo.

October 29, 2013 at 1:27 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer conceded to reporters today that Democrats knew people would not be able to keep their current health care plans under Obamacare and expressed qualified contrition for President Obama’s repeated vows to the contrary. “We knew that there would be some policies that would not qualify and therefore people would be required to get more extensive coverage,” Hoyer said in response to a question from National Review. Not really a lie, though. Right ALPO?

October 29, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Ever wonder why so many mainstream media outlets seem to love Obama so much? Here’s some insight on the subject from CNN’s Carol Costello… Carol Costello says, the Obama Administration hates to get embarrassed and looks for ways to exert its influence to get reporters fired for actually doing their job! During last night’s CNN broadcast, Mrs. Costello admitted Barack Obama’s media team has immense influence with mainstream news agencies. She says if you make Obama look bad, you could lose your job.
THIS is CNN……bwhahahahaha

October 29, 2013 at 1:59 p.m.
joneses said...

Plain Truth

The new obama dummycrat talking bobble head repetitive speech is saying obama did not lie because the insurance has decreased $2,500.00 per family like obama lied about because that is how much it would have risen if obamacare was not enacted. Can you believe this bullsh!t? What is sad is these stupid liberals actually believe this and will defend it regardless of how ludicrous it sounds. Watch and see.

October 29, 2013 at 1:59 p.m.
joneses said...

Why do black people always vote for the Democratic Party? Because for the past 75 years since the socialist FDR came to power, socially and culturally blacks have been indoctrinated to follow, follow, follow by the Democratic Party. From antiquity, they followed the African tribal chief and the shaman. During slavery, they followed ‘masser’ and the overseer and did what they were told. The next 100 years after 1865 and the Civil War during de jure and de facto segregation, they followed poverty-pimp preachers and civil rights activists (not Martin Luther King) who told them that by voting Democrat, God would bless black people through government handouts, a minimum wage and good government jobs.

But welfare and government programs delivered to blacks by the Democratic Party have destroyed the black family. Today, the blacks proudly follow the first black person to occupy the White House, Barack Obama, despite the fact that obama has done more harm to America and blacks while occupying the White House than any other U.S. president in history.

October 29, 2013 at 2:02 p.m.
ibshame said...

"PlainTruth said... Ever wonder why so many mainstream media outlets seem to love Obama so much? Here’s some insight on the subject from CNN’s Carol Costello… Carol Costello says, the Obama Administration hates to get embarrassed and looks for ways to exert its influence to get reporters fired for actually doing their job! During last night’s CNN broadcast, Mrs. Costello admitted Barack Obama’s media team has immense influence with mainstream news agencies. She says if you make Obama look bad, you could lose your job. THIS is CNN……bwhahahahaha"

Evidently you have no memory of how the media cow-towed to Turdblossom Rove, Cheney and the rest of the low-lifes when W. was leading the country into a war that cost the lives of over 4000 U.S. soldiers, billions of U.S. dollars, would almost bankrupt the American Economy, maimed thousands of U.S. soldiers for LIFE, killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens and last but certainly not least destroyed the infrastructure of Iraq. No the mainstream media certainly must have liked W and his neo-con cronies because it's for sure they did one bang up job of reporting the facts to the American People. Oh wait, no that was the media in other countries because the jackals over here didn't give the American People the TRUTH until it was way too late.

Who was that gay porn hustler Turdblossom Rove gave White House Access to that posed as a reporter? He certainly gave a "fair and balanced" report of the goings on in the White House. He certainly didn't have to worry about losing his job as long as Turdblossom could use him in the Press Room to throw out soft questions to W. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH

October 29, 2013 at 2:14 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Hey Shame. You're right, I don't remember it. If you think the MSM gave Dubya preference, you're even more deranged than I thought.

October 29, 2013 at 2:19 p.m.
ibshame said...

"PlainTruth said... Hey Shame. You're right, I don't remember it. If you think the MSM gave Dubya preference, you're even more deranged than I thought."

Here let me refresh your memory. LOL

"In case you've been living under a rock recently, Jeff Gannon was a conservative "reporter" covering the White House for the last two years who had a reputation for asking soft ball and often falsely premised questions intended to embarass Democratic Party interests. Credentialed by the Bush White House, he had access to attend regular White House press briefings and also attended press conferences given by the president. Gannon was particularly transparent one day when he asked President Bush, "Mr. President, Senate Democratic leaders have painted a very bleak picture of the U.S. economy . . . Yet in the same breath they say that Social Security is rock solid . . . How are you going to work -- you've said you are going to reach out to these people -- how are you going to work with people who seem to have divorced themselves from reality?"

The Ultimate in Media Manipulation So where's the story in all this? Well for starters, Jeff Gannon is not whom he says he is. His real name is James Guckert and he has no legitimate press background whatsoever. Gannon was "employed" by a bogus news agency called Talon News that apparently was created specifically for the purpose of getting Gannon into the White House. Before it became Talon News it was an known as GOPUSA, a partisan Republican front group located in Texas. In fact, it has just been revealed by examining video tapes of White House press conferences that when Gannon attended his first one, Talon News did not even exist"

"Gannon has also publically embraced the anti-gay policies of the Bush administration and ridiculed presidential candidate Senator John Kerry, remarking that "If Kerry was elected he would be the first gay president." Turns out that Gannon is again not what he appears to be, and once was, and may still be, working as a gay escort. Now before anyone screams "homophobia" or "unfair" for pointing this out, the relevance here is not that Gannon is gay or what he does for a living, but that Gannon has used his position as a conservative reporter and "family values" Republican to attack the gay community."

"And as if things couldn't get any jucier, bloggers also discovered that Gannon, under his real name of Guckert, owned and operated a number of gay escort web sites catering to people with military tastes. Domain names that he owned include hotmilitarystud.com, workingboys.net, militaryescorts.com, militaryescortsM4M.com and meetlocalmen.com. Gannon tried to claim that he was really a web master and had really registered these sites for someone else, but this too proved to be a lie when evidence surfaced that Gannon himself was a featured escort on one of the sites"

October 29, 2013 at 2:22 p.m.
joneses said...

The problem with ibashamed is does not acknowledge pelosi, reid, kerry, clinton, and most other dummycrats supported President Bush and actually voted for the war in Iraq. And after these democrats voted for the war in Iraq in an act of treason they abandoned the war and the brave soldiers in Iraq by spouting out lies and saying the war was wrong without realizing they were encouraging our enemies in Iraq. Many American soldiers were killed by the democrtas not supporting them.

By the way ibanidiot. President Bush would take questions and your God obama will not allow the press corps to ask him anything. You support obama the chickensh!t.

October 29, 2013 at 2:28 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Hey Shame. Who the hell is Jeff Gannon? You're talking about one mope. I'm talking about the media. get it. Don't give me the Jeff Gannon horse-squeeze.

October 29, 2013 at 2:36 p.m.
ibshame said...

"joneses said... The problem with ibashamed is does not acknowledge pelosi, reid, kerry, clinton, and most other dummycrats supported President Bush and actually voted for the war in Iraq. And after these democrats voted for the war in Iraq in an act of treason they abandoned the war and the brave soldiers in Iraq by spouting out lies and saying the war was wrong without realizing they were encouraging our enemies in Iraq. Many American soldiers were killed by the democrtas not supporting them. By the way ibanidiot. President Bush would take questions and your God obama will not allow the press corps to ask him anything. You support obama the chickensh!"

Poor joneses is this the best you got? They abandoned the war in Iraq because they realized they had been duped, bamboozled, led astray into a war the United States had no business engaging in. There were no WMD's in Iraq, Iraq did not have ANY CONNECTION TO 9/11 and they posed no viable threat to the United States as far as nuclear capacity. The American People were lied to and so were members of Congress.

As far as Bush answering questions goes, the one that will always stick out in my mind is the answer he gave on March 13,2002

"Q: But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

BUSH: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban."

Yeah, that W. was a real go-getter. LOL

October 29, 2013 at 2:40 p.m.
ibshame said...

"PlainTruth said... Hey Shame. Who the hell is Jeff Gannon? You're talking about one mope. I'm talking about the media. get it. Don't give me the Jeff Gannon horse-squeeze."

Jeff Gannon is just the tip of the iceberg when it came to media manipulation by Turdblossom Rove during the Bush White House years. All the lies, all the manipulations and only one fall guy for the whole debacle and that was Scooter Libby. LOL Scooter what a name. LOL

Next time you want to talk media love fest then go back and read something other than the right wing rags you so love to throw your one-liners from. Who knows you just might learn something, then again probably not for you and the rest of the teabaggers. LOL

October 29, 2013 at 2:45 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Hey Shame…No fair-minded person would agree with you that the MSM gave DUBYA a fair shake. Please don't be silly. And btw, if Rove was attempting to manipulate the media, he failed miserably. And another thing…you say Bush was no go-getter. I can't remember ever a less engaged president than the pretender we have in the White House now. Talk about a macro-manager.

October 29, 2013 at 3:03 p.m.
jesse said...

We got some folks on here that wouldn't recognize REALITY if it bit them on the arz!!

October 29, 2013 at 3:03 p.m.
joneses said...

ibsahmame,

President Bush was relying on information from Bill Clintons CIA about Iraq as president Bush had only been in office 7 months before 9/11. My problem with President Bush was he was relying on a liar like obama for accurate information. We all knew what a POS Clinton was. By the way, I bet you feel stupid blaming President Bush for everything and not holding your POS obama accountable for nothing regardless of all his failures. Oh but I forgot, obama is so incompetent he knows nothing about Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the IRS scandal, his failed obamacare or any of his failures. And obama still has us in Afghanistan where 2/3rds of all American casualties have occurred under his failed Afghanistan war. What happened to all the war protestors? Oh that is correct your messiah can do no wrong. You are another miserable, liberal, blind, hypocrite. I bet you hate being you. Ouch! I bet the truth kills you. LOL!

October 29, 2013 at 3:35 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

No group can wear blinders like the Left.

October 29, 2013 at 3:53 p.m.
joneses said...

ibshame,

Here is what you conveniently left out liar.

The left repeatedly made the claim that George Bush didn’t care about getting Bin Laden, taking words entirely out of context. Here is what Bush did have to say:

Q Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part — deep in your heart, don’t you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won’t really eliminate the threat of –

THE PRESIDENT: Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he’s alive at all. Who knows if he’s hiding in some cave or not; we haven’t heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is — really indicates to me people don’t understand the scope of the mission. Terror is bigger than one person. And he’s just — he’s a person who’s now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He’s the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is — as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide — if, in fact, he’s hiding at all. So I don’t know where he is. You know, I just don’t spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I’m more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did. And there will be other battles in Afghanistan. There’s going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I’m just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly. We’re tough, we’re strong, they’re well-equipped. We have a good strategy. We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means.

October 29, 2013 at 3:59 p.m.
joneses said...

Q But don’t you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won’t truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven’t heard much from him. And I wouldn’t necessarily say he’s at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don’t know where he is. I — I’ll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban. But once we set out the policy and started executing the plan, he became — we shoved him out more and more on the margins. He has no place to train his al Qaeda killers anymore. And if we — excuse me for a minute — and if we find a training camp, we’ll take care of it. Either we will or our friends will. That’s one of the things — part of the new phase that’s becoming apparent to the American people is that we’re working closely with other governments to deny sanctuary, or training, or a place to hide, or a place to raise money. And we’ve got more work to do. See, that’s the thing the American people have got to understand, that we’ve only been at this six months. This is going to be a long struggle. I keep saying that; I don’t know whether you all believe me or not. But time will show you that it’s going to take a long time to achieve this objective. And I can assure you, I am not going to blink. And I’m not going to get tired. Because I know what is at stake. And history has called us to action, and I am going to seize this moment for the good of the world, for peace in the world and for freedom.

“Terror is bigger than one person.”

You’d never know that from Obama. He left the impression that the war on terror was over and the world was completely at peace once Bin Laden went down. Wait a minute, Obama did declare the war on terror over.

October 29, 2013 at 4 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Joneses quote: "President Bush was relying on information from Bill Clintons CIA about Iraq as president Bush had only been in office 7 months before 9/11. My problem with President Bush was he was relying on a liar like obama for accurate information."

BOGUS

October 29, 2013 at 4:08 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

The lefties on here are in a wad. Don't blame them. I would be embarrassed too for following the bozo in the White House. The most inept administration ever. Jimmy Carter has to love this guy.

October 29, 2013 at 4:09 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Sandy Levin, D MI says (apparently with a straight face) "Insurance companies aren't sending out cancellation letters, they're helping people "transition" into Obamacare", according to a top Democrat. (not sure if this guy or his dead-beat brother has ever had a real job)

October 29, 2013 at 4:15 p.m.
joneses said...

So Mickey. Bill Clinton, Al Gore and others admitted Iraq had WMDs. Were they lying? How did they know this? President Bush surely did not have time to launch a full scale investigation into Iraq's WMDs program. Please do not look stupid by saying clinton blew them up when he attacked iraq without the approval of congress because Al Gore admitted Iraq having WMDs as late as 2002.

“The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow.” — Bill Clinton in 1998

“In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security.” — Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

“I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons…I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out.” — Clinton’s Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

“Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq’s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.” — Al Gore, 2002

October 29, 2013 at 4:17 p.m.
joneses said...

I just made mickey rat and ibashamed look like the fools they are with simple facts. Did you ever notice liberals avoid facts like the plague? LOL!

October 29, 2013 at 4:27 p.m.
jesse said...

Harding,Filmore,Buchanan and Hoover are sitting somewhere tellin each other man Ole Barry gonna save our arz before he gets done!Actualy Obama in makin Carter look like Lincoln or somebody!!

October 29, 2013 at 4:33 p.m.
whatsnottaken said...

Theys just followin' the democRATic oath: If The Man tries to make you work for stuff, that's just The Man keepin' you down. We, the American Socialist, er, democRATic party believes they should be a sharin' all they worked for wit chew.

October 29, 2013 at 4:52 p.m.
rick1 said...

The following article was posted by the left leaning LA Times:

The White House didn't lie about Iraq. No matter what the Dems say, the evidence against Bush simply isn't there.

In 2004, the Senate Intelligence Committee unanimously approved a report acknowledging that it "did not find any evidence that administration officials attempted to coerce, influence or pressure analysts to change their judgments." The following year, the bipartisan Robb-Silberman report similarly found "no indication that the intelligence community distorted the evidence regarding Iraq's weapons of mass destruction."

You can keep spouting off your lies about Bush and Iraq or you can educate yourself.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun/16/opinion/oe-kirchick16

October 29, 2013 at 5:06 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Au contraire dim witted buffoon.

Nowhere in the quotations YOU provided in your 4:17 p.m. post does it confirm your earlier allegation: "President Bush was relying on information from Bill Clintons CIA about Iraq as president Bush had only been in office 7 months before 9/11. My problem with President Bush was he was relying on a liar like obama for accurate information."

It was, and still is BOGUS

Your quote: “President Bush surely did not have time to launch a full scale investigation into Iraq's WMDs program.” Is supposition - and supposition ONLY?

ie. BOGUS

You know the drill oaf. Open mouth, shove your foot in.

Did you ever notice RWNJ's ALWAYS confuse personal opinions and fairytales with facts… like the plague? LOL!

October 29, 2013 at 5:20 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Alprova, I intentionally ignored it because I figure the tea party knows it, but you are right.

I think conservative captures the heart of the problem of people who think too highly of themself: "Sorry for the late start, the Lord was blessing me with substantial income."

October 29, 2013 at 5:31 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova:

I accept your challenge to refute you:

God's moral law existed prior to the Mosaic law and still exists today!

That is a truth you don't see or understand.

Alprova, homosexuality and sodomy was immoral behavior and a sin prior to the Mosaic law, during the period of the Mosaic law, after the Mosaic law and is still immoral behavior and sin today!

Prior to the great flood, long before the Mosaic law was given we read why God destroyed the earth:

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Genesis 6:5 KJV

and:

And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Genesis 6:7

ESPECIALLY NOTE THAT WORD "WICKED" FOR I WILL SOON SHOW YOU WHERE HOMOSEXUALITY WAS WICKEDNESS PRIOR TO THE NATION OF ISRAEL AND THE MOSAIC LAW.

October 29, 2013 at 5:52 p.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

conservative said...

"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Genesis 6:5 KJV

God can't get anything right. Piss-poor job for a super-duper know-it-all!

and:

"And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them." Genesis 6:7

Just like a spoiled baby. Jehovah's screws up and blames it on everybody else. Do they make diapers in extra-large make-believe god size?

That ol' Jehovah. Was He dropped on his head when He was a child? Talk about your mentally deranged deities!

And to think the best He could do was create Conservative?

It is written:

"Sorry Jehovah, we're taking off points for that dreadful mistake and it will go on your permanent record for eternity."

{Jehovah screws up His face, but knows He'll get bitch-slapped if He mouths off.)

"And don't make me tell you again to stay away from the underage virgins! Go play with your burning bushes and leave the creation to the adults."

(Jehovah slams the screen door, kicks the dog, then pulls wings off angels for the rest of the day.)

1st Fallopians, Chapter 3 verse 16

October 29, 2013 at 7:29 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova:

Homosexuality and sodomy were always wickedness and of course were wickedness long before the Mosaic law was given to the nation of Israel.

God's moral law has always been in effect since the beginning of mankind.

Perhaps you have heard of Sodom and Gomorra?

But the men of Sodom were WICKED and SINNERS before the Lord exceedingly.Genesis13:13

But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so WICKEDLY Genesis 19:4-7

IT SHOULD BE CLEAR TO YOU BY NOW THAT THE CONCOCTION OF A "HOLINESS CODE" BY UNBELIEVERS/ATHEISTS/HOMOSEXUALS TO JUSTIFY THE GROSS WICKEDNESS OF HOMOSEXUALITY AND SODOMY IS A LIE!

October 29, 2013 at 8:13 p.m.
tifosi said...

It is quite satisfying to watch conservative's boat sink.

October 29, 2013 at 8:34 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer conceded to reporters today that Democrats knew people would not be able to keep their current health care plans under Obamacare and expressed qualified contrition for President Obama’s repeated vows to the contrary. “We knew that there would be some policies that would not qualify and therefore people would be required to get more extensive coverage,” Hoyer said in response to a question from National Review. Not really a lie, though. Right ALPO?"

A lie? No.

I've repeatedly stated that people who do not sponsor their own health care coverage, are never in control to keep it in force, UNLESS they pay every cent of the premium. Employers make those decisions. That statement applied to those who pay EVERY cent of the premiums.

NOW...as to those policies that are being canceled by insurance companies because they do not meet the new standards under ObamaCare, these people are going to find policies providing essential health health care coverage at a better price.

High deductible policies that only cover hospitalization will be exchanged for those that provide far more coverage at similar costs or less.

But until I start seeing evidence contrary to what I claim will happen, with proof that those whose current policies are being canceled, are visiting the ObamaCare website for rates, and they are unable to replace such canceled policies at a equal or lesser rate, I will continue to call bullsh!t that the President is intentionally lying to the American people.

Any presumption that he meant that keeping insurance policies and Doctors would be possible for those who have never paid all of the premiums for their health care policies, or who have never selected their insurers, is ridiculous.

For those who currently have sub-standard policies, there is more of an argument to make that they should be allowed to keep those policies, if they can afford the deductibles that go with them, and it may come to pass that some exemptions will be made down the road, if this plays out to be a widespread problem.

The premise on the table is that those who do currently have sub-standard policies will be able to replace them with better coverage, at an equal or lesser amount. If these people ARE able to replace what they had with something better, where is the problem?

When I see someone PERSONALLY placed in that situation, who visits the ObamaCare website and they CANNOT replace their prior policy as I state, THEN we have something to discuss.

Crap written by people who claim to know this or that person who tried and that it will cost them thousands of dollars more per year, is rumor, innuendo, and chicken wing flapping.

Proof positive, that includes copies of screenshots, printouts, etc. will go far more to proving these alleged cases, than mere words written by those who have an agenda to try to derail ObamaCare.

October 29, 2013 at 8:36 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpo: You are certifiable.

October 29, 2013 at 8:41 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

How many millions of people thus far have been booted...er..I mean, transitioned from their health plans?

October 29, 2013 at 8:43 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Ever wonder why so many mainstream media outlets seem to love Obama so much? Here’s some insight on the subject from CNN’s Carol Costello… Carol Costello says, the Obama Administration hates to get embarrassed and looks for ways to exert its influence to get reporters fired for actually doing their job! During last night’s CNN broadcast, Mrs. Costello admitted Barack Obama’s media team has immense influence with mainstream news agencies. She says if you make Obama look bad, you could lose your job. THIS is CNN……bwhahahahaha"

I'm calling bullsh!t on that one.

1.) Carol Costello does not appear on CNN at night. She appears on CNN in the mornings to noon time slot.

2.) Carol Costello went on vacation this week.

3.) Video link or it never happened.

October 29, 2013 at 8:44 p.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

conservative said...

'And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so WICKEDLY" Genesis 19:4-7

This was before Lot got drunk and screwed his daughters. So Jehovah loves incest, but hates consenting adults having sex.

Sounds like your Jehovah has a lot of loose screws. Like Father, like Conservative.

October 29, 2013 at 8:53 p.m.
alprova said...

joneses wrote: "The problem with ibashamed is does not acknowledge pelosi, reid, kerry, clinton, and most other dummycrats supported President Bush and actually voted for the war in Iraq."

Their support was only due to being force-fed falsified intelligence supplied by GWB and Dick Cheney, which has been proven over and over.

WMD's? They never existed. None were ever recovered. Saddam Hussein sponsored terrorists? That one is STILL being debated, but there is no question that the terrorists found their way into Iraq after we invaded that nation.

Iraq is now an ally of the United States due to our saving that nation and introducing it to Democracy? Not on your life. They hate our guts.

"Many American soldiers were killed by the democrtas not supporting them."

That Sir, may well qualify as the most insane statement you have ever typewritten.

October 29, 2013 at 8:55 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Look it up yourself, dickhead.

October 29, 2013 at 8:56 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "The following article was posted by the left leaning LA Times:"

The article in question was an opinion piece written by James Kirchick, who was an assistant editor of the New Republic.

"In 2004, the Senate Intelligence Committee unanimously approved a report acknowledging that it "did not find any evidence that administration officials attempted to coerce, influence or pressure analysts to change their judgments."..."

Also in that very same report appeared the following paragraph;

"During the twelve months of the Committee's review, Committee submitted almost 100 requests for supplemental intelligence information, received more than 30,000 pages of documents in response to those requests, and reviewed and analyzed each document provided."

"The Committee's request to view Presidential Daily Briefings (PDB'S) relevant only to Iraq's weapons of mass destruction capabilities and links to terrorists was denied by the White House."

"Without examining these documents, the Committee is unable to determine fully whether Intelligence Community judgments were properly disseminated to policymakers in the executive branch, one of the tasks outlined for review."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.intelligence.senate.gov%2F108301.pdf&ei=QmJwUvXNJ8m32wWTyoC4Ag&usg=AFQjCNEwFnxAkPrKj-C1ohb1mp9z4XzImw&bvm=bv.55123115,d.b2I

"You can keep spouting off your lies about Bush and Iraq or you can educate yourself."

You really should take your own advice.

"The White House didn't lie about Iraq."

The evidence that they withheld from the Senate Intelligence Committee would probably tell a different story.

"No matter what the Dems say, the evidence against Bush simply isn't there."

You're absolutely correct. It probably wound up in an official White House shredder.

October 29, 2013 at 9:32 p.m.
alprova said...

rick 1 wrote: "Here is the video link of Carol Costello."

Thank you rick for supplying the link.

Carol Costello did not make that statement yesterday, because she was on vacation, so I knew that was not correct.

Thus, I knew it was not uttered last night, as pt claimed, because she goes on the air at 10:00 am weekdays. The time of the clip was 10:34 am.

Apparently, due to an item on the scrolling at the bottom of the screen, that clip was recorded on October 23, 2013.

pt - moi a dickhead? Really?

I knew that Carol Costello was not on the air last night, or any other night. I also knew she was on vacation, so I knew it was not a rebroadcast of something recorded earlier on Monday.

The source of the article, per rick's post, provided incorrect information as to when that clip appeared on the air.

So...I thought your post was pure B.S.

You really need to learn how to cut and paste a link to back up your snarky posts, when challenged.

Then you will not have to resort to posting nasty names due to your frustration in not knowing how to perform a very simple computer task.

October 29, 2013 at 9:58 p.m.
rick1 said...

And we will never know what documents Clinton's National Security Advisor Sandy Berger destroyed before he testified in front of the 9/11 Commission. It is very possible it was intell that could have prevented 9/11 but was never passed onto the Bush Administration.

Democrats and Republicans had the same intell information to make their decision, and this intell came from analysts who were not coerced, influenced or pressured to change their judgments.

October 29, 2013 at 10:10 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.