The Haunted Hilltop features over 50 live actors, including this one dressed like the clown "It" from the movie of the same name.
What do you get when you cross Halloween with whiskey?
For Chattanooga Whiskey, the answer is Monster Mash, a costume party tonight, Oct. 31, at Miller Plaza, 850 Market St.
DJ Tone Harm will provide music for dancing. Cash bars will serve whiskey cocktails and high-gravity beers.
The fun runs from 7 p.m. to midnight. Admission is free.
The winner of the costume contest will receive a prize pack from the distiller.
For more information, call 423-580-5610.
* Bradley Square Mall -- 200 Paul Huff Parkway, Cleveland, Tenn. Annual Spooktacular Fall Festival includes games and trick-or-treating at participating stores, 6-8 p.m. Halloween. Photos 5-8 p.m. at Noerr Halloween set next to Bath & Body Works. Sponsored by Living Word Church, Hopewell Church of God, Westmore Church of God, Westwood Baptist Church and North Cleveland Church of God. 423-472-5080, www.shopbradleysquare.com.
* Chattanooga Arboretum and Nature Center -- 400 Garden Road. Scarecrow in the Wilds Picnic and Hayride, 4:30-6:30 p.m. Halloween. Take a hayride before or after trick-or-treating to see contest scarecrows. Snacks served; picnics welcome. Includes crafts and costume judge. $10 suggested donation per family. 423-821-1160.
* Hamilton Place -- 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd. Trick-or-treating, 6-7 p.m. Halloween. 423-894-7177, www.hamiltonplace.com.
* Middle Cross Baptist Church -- 4008 Norcross Road. Children's fall festival with games, candy and popcorn, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Halloween. www.themiddlecrossbaptistchurch.net.
* Northgate Mall -- Highway 153 at Hixson Pike. Trick-or-treating, 5-6 p.m. Halloween. 423-875-4351, www.visitnorthgatemall.com.
* Patten Recreation Center -- 3203 Kellys Ferry Road. Fall festival sponsored by Lookout Valley Baptist Church, 6-8 p.m. Halloween.
* Soddy Community Church -- 194 Depot St., Soddy-Daisy. Trunk-or-treat, 6-8 p.m. Halloween. Decorate car (child-friendly) to win a prize. 423-332-5261.
* Walnut Square Mall -- 816 Walnut Square Blvd., Dalton, Ga. Trick-or-treating, 5-6 p.m. Halloween. 706-226-3777, www.walnutsquaremall.com.
* Gates of Misery -- 174 Chatillon Road, Rome, Ga. Open 7:30-10:30 p.m. Halloween, plus 7:30-11:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Nov. 1-2. $15. 706-676-8328, www.gatesofmisery.com.
* Haunted Carnival -- Sir Goony's Family Fun Center, 5918 Brainerd Road. Opens at 7:30 p.m. Halloween; ticket sales start at 7 p.m. $20 admission includes golf, batting tokens, go-kart pass, Papa John's gift card. www.sirgoonyshauntedcarnival.com.
* Haunted Cavern -- Ruby Falls, 1720 S. Scenic Highway. Opens at 8 p.m. Halloween, plus Friday and Saturday, Nov. 1-2. Be in line by 7:30 p.m. to see Freak Parade. $23. 423-821-2544, www.hauntedcavern.com.
* The Haunted Barn -- 5017 McDonald Road, McDonald, Tenn. 7-10 p.m. Halloween, 7 p.m.-midnight Friday and Saturday, Nov. 1-2. $18. 423-396-9790, www.thehauntedbarnchattanooga.com.
* Haunted Hidden Hollow -- 949 Fred Tollett Road, Crossville, Tenn. Open 7-11 p.m. Halloween. $10 haunted wagon ride or guided haunted walk; free magic show by bonfire. 931-788-1731, www.kmsconstruction.com/hauntedhiddenhollow.
* The Haunted Hilltop -- 8235 Highway 58. Open 7 p.m.-1 a.m. Halloween, with fireworks at 9 p.m. (weather permitting), plus Friday, Nov. 1. Includes haunted house, dark maze, vortex tunnel, haunted hayride. $20 all, $10 separate activities. 423-488-3956, www.thehauntedhilltop.com.
* Project Alice -- McDonald Elementary School, 132 McDonald Road, McDonald, Tenn. Open 7-11:45 p.m. Halloween. $15. Includes use of pellet guns. Parent permission needed for ages 12-16; no one younger than 12 admitted. 770-547-1695.
Lisa Denton is deputy features editor and content editor of Current. She previously was a lifestyle, entertainment and region reporter/pod leader for The Chattanooga Times, which she joined in 1983. Lisa is from Sale Creek and holds an associate’s degree in journalism from Chattanooga State Community College. Contact Lisa at 423-757-6281 or email@example.com.
related articles »
The Headless Horseman is about to ride off into the sunrise. And he’s not alone. When dawn breaks Sunday, Oct. ...
Acres of Darkness, Boo in the Zoo return this weekend
Nobody wants to face the undead unarmed. At Project Alice, a new haunted attraction in McDonald, Tenn., you don't have ...
What's lurking in the dark this weekend? Six more haunts around the region.