Events and seminars
• East Brainerd Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn: 6721 Heritage Business Court. Meetings cost $10.
• Experience Talks: “Media Resources” from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at The Camp House: 1427 Williams St. This seminar is part of a 10-month series that taps several of the area’s successful entrepreneurs to share stories about overcoming obstacles common to small businesses. Refreshments will be provided at this free event, hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and CO.LAB in partnership with Cohutta Bank. Call 423-75-8668 for more information and to register.
• East Ridge Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn and Suites: 6710 Ringgold Road. Meetings cost $10.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Erlanger at Volkswagen: 7380 Volkswagen Drive, Suite 160. Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other startup materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• International Business Council Meeting from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee: 1 Cameron Hill Circle. Chris Ramsey, director of the Office of Health Care Reform for BlueCross, will discuss health care changes in 2014. Meetings cost $10. Food and drinks are provided.
• Entrepreneur Resource Rally from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Dalton State College – James E. Brown Center: 2206 Mount Haven Drive. This free, interactive workshop is for entrepreneurs, small- business owners, local elected officials, economic developers and individuals interested in growing a business. To register, visit http://daltonstate-cere.eventbrite.com/.
• YPAC Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the Chattanooga Chamber: 811 Broad St. Networking begins at 11:30 a.m., followed by lunch. Entry is $10 for YPAC members, $12 for nonmembers or $15 at the door. For more information, visit www.ypchattanooga.org.