(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Send an e-mail to Ward Gossett at email@example.com by 6 p.m. Each Saturday.)
Several schools are listed with "no report." Coaches are asked to call or have their appointed statistician call on game nights with scoring summary, team statistics and individual statistics for both teams as soon as games are over. Call 423-757-6273.
* Baylor: Senior tailback George Porter had touchdown runs of 56, 57 and 3 yards among his 175 rushing yards in a 51-3 win over Pope John Paul II.
* Bledsoe County: Tavian Dodd had a pair of touchdowns, including a 62-yard catch-and-run, in a loss to Notre Dame.
* Brainerd: No report; lost to East Ridge 35-22.
* Boyd-Buchanan: Bye week.
* Bradley Central: Receiver Dee Crisp had five catches for 143 yards and two touchdowns and added an interception in the Bears' 38-14 win over Walker Valley.
* Calhoun: Quarterback Fields Chapman passed for 178 yards and had scoring tosses of 5, 67 and 42 yards in a 38-0 Region 7-AA win over Dade County.
* Central: No report; lost to Red Bank 37-14.
* Chattanooga Christian: Jonathan Farlett had three receptions for 108 yards, including a 75-yard touchdown catch, in a 31-14 loss to Sequatchie County.
* Cleveland: Cleveland senior quarterback Austin Herink burned Soddy-Daisy for 361 yards and four touchdowns while also adding a rushing score in a 51-14 win.
* Coahulla Creek: No report; lost to Sonoraville 41-16.
* Dade County: Blake Lynn ran for 50 yards as the Wolverines were shut out at Calhoun.
* Dalton: Junior running back Kelvis Rhodes returned to action with 164 yards and four touchdowns as the Catamounts topped Gilmer County, 31-0.
* East Hamilton: Tony Francois hauled in nine passes for 142 yards in the Hurricanes' two-point loss to Ooltewah.
* East Ridge: No report; beat Brainerd 35-22.
* Fort Payne: No report; lost to Southside 28-14.
* Gordon Central: Trenton Smith scored the Warriors' lone score on a 40-yard fumble return.
* Gordon Lee: Bye week.
* Grace Academy: Bye week.
* Grundy County: Quarterback Houston Mainord passed for 111 yards and the team's only score in a 63-7 loss to Signal Mountain.
* Heritage: No report; lost to Pickens County 42-0.
* Hixson: Isaiah Robinson and Kendrick Bradley had 222 and 184 yards rushing, respectively, and four combined touchdowns as the Wildcats cuised past Howard.
* Howard: Quarterback Terrance Brooks had 256 yards of total offense and scored on a 9-yard run in a loss to Hixson.
* Ider: No report; lost to Fyffe 42-7.
* LaFayette: No report; lost to River Ridge 28-0.
* Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe: Quarterback Skyler Rogers accounted for 168 of the Warriors' 218 total yards in a lopsided loss at Adairsville.
* Lookout Valley: Jaylen Walker had 68 yards on six carries and scored the team's only touchdown in a 48-8 loss to Marion County.
* Marion County: Logan Walters completed 6-of-7 passes for 158 yards and three touchdowns in the Warriors' 48-8 win over Lookout Valley.
* Murray County: No report; lost to Armuchee 41-0.
* McCallie: Jeffrey Coleman returned two kickoffs for touchdowns -- 95 and 93 yards -- in the Blue Tornado's four-point loss to Kentucky power Bowling Green.
* McMinn Central: Denzell Boyd rushed for 165 yards and two touchdowns as the Chargers lost to Polk County.
* McMinn County: Quarterback Corbin Powers was 19-of-29 passing for 270 yards and two touchdowns in a 28-19 loss to Oak Ridge.
* Meigs County: Zach Ridge scored the Tigers' lone touchdown in a 47-7 loss to Rockwood.
* North Jackson: No report; lost to DAR 43-22.
* North Murray: No report; lost to Cartersville, 55-15.
* North Sand Mountain: No report; beat Gaston 24-20.
* Northwest Whitfield: No report; beat Cass 52-35.
* Notre Dame: Running back Austin Banks had 173 yards on 12 carries and touchown runs of 44 and 54 yards in a 49-21 win over Bledsoe County.
* Polk County: Chris Wimberly scored a rushing and receiving touchdown and added an interception in a 21-14 win over McMinn Central.
* Red Bank: No report, beat Central 37-14.
* Rhea County: Demetrius Patterson had 98 yards receiving and 62 rushing while scoring three times in a 63-7 win over Cumberland County.
* Ridgeland: Senior fullback Noah Cooper rushed for 61 yards and scored the game's first touchdown as the Panthers fell at Cedartown.
* Ringgold: Senior quarterback Slade Dale rushed for 123 yards, passed for 102 and accounted for a pair of scores in a 48-8 win over Gordon Central.
* Sale Creek: Bye week.
* Scottsboro: No report; beat Boaz 42-7.
* Sequatchie County: Keith Billingsley had a pair of touchdown runs and 109 yards in a 31-14 win over Chattanooga Christian.
* Signal Mountain: Bruising fullback James McClellan had 164 yards and touchdown runs of 71 and 63 yards in a rout of Grundy County.
* Silverdale Baptist: Josh Rogers had 116 yards rushing on 19 carries as the Seahawks edged Hayesville, N.C., 6-0.
* Soddy-Daisy: Hunter Maynor passed for 264 yards and a pair of touchdowns in a 51-14 loss to Cleveland.
* Sonoraville: Sophomore quarterback Cody Long rushed for 240 yards and five touchdowns as the Phoenix downed Coahulla Creek 41-16.
* Southeast Whitfield: Bye week.
* South Pittsburg: Corbin Fitzgerald had 97 yards receiving and two touchdowns while also returning a kickoff 78 yards for a score in the Pirates' 62-8 drubbing of Whitwell.
* Trion: Quarterback Cory Bethune accounted for 125 of the Bulldogs' 271 yards in a 31-12 loss to Mt. Paran.
* Tyner: Sadik Spence had a 3-yard touchdown run as the Rams fell to Knox Catholic, 24-6.
* Walker Valley: Freshman Cooper Melton returned a blocked field goal 65 yards for a touchdown in a 38-14 loss to Bradley Central.
* Whitwell: Cody Ingrasssia had the lone touchdown in a blowout loss to South Pittsburg.
Lindsey Young is a sports writer at the Chattanooga Times Free Press who started work at the Chattanooga News-Free Press 24 years ago. He covers the Northwest Georgia prep beat and NASCAR. Lindsey’s hometown is Ringgold, Ga., and he graduated from Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School. He received an associate’s degree from Dalton Junior College (now Dalton State) and a bachelor’s degree in communications from UTC. He has won several writing awards, including two Tennessee Sports ...