The Chattanooga-Hamilton County NAACP has announced the organization will honor several individuals with key awards during the the 26th Annual Ruby Hurley Image Awards at the Tivoli Theatre on Oct. 12.
To be saluted at the event are:
• Warren Logan and the Urban League, Education Award
• State Rep. JoAnne Favors, D-Chattanooga, Ruby Hurley Humanitarian of the Year
• Joe A. Rowe, James R. Mapp Award
• Warbrit Lowery, Viola Mapp Membership Award
• Hannah Martin, inaugural honoree of the Hannah Martin Spirit of Dedication Award
The awards event begins at 7 p.m. and, according to a news release, tickets may be bought at the NAACP office at 601 E. M.L. King Blvd. or the Memorial Auditorium.
For more information, call 423-432-9776, the release stated.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
LOS ANGELES — Alfonso Cuaron was awarded the top film honor from the Directors Guild of America for "Gravity" on ...
Country and gospel music fans who want to see the potential next big star in either genre get their opportunity ...
Dreaming is hard when people are surrounded by poverty and crime.
Chattanoogan Mai Bell Hurley has been named the Tennessee Woman of Distinction by the American Lung Association of Tennessee.