published Wednesday, September 25th, 2013

Co-workers in Georgia help power line worker after shock

PORT WENTWORTH, Ga. — Co-workers of a power line worker are credited with saving him from death after a jolt of electricity surged through his body near the Georgia coast.

Authorities say the 35-year-old subcontractor for Georgia Power Co. was shocked Tuesday afternoon, while in a raised bucket working on power lines in Port Wentworth.

Port Wentworth Police Chief Matt Libby tells The Savannah Morning News that co-workers brought the man down, called 911 and began to render aid that included CPR.

Libby said that if the man survives, the only reason is because his co-workers knew what to do. The police chief said the man had a pulse and was breathing on his own by the time he was taken to a hospital.

No further information on his condition was available early today.

about Associated Press...

The Associated Press

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.