published Sunday, August 24th, 2014

Carbon monoxide scare saves neighbors from Hixson house fire

One family's carbon monoxide scare actually saved the lives of another Hixson family several doors down.

K.G. Gauthaman and his wife Kala lived nearly three decades in their Windbrook home with no incident, until Saturday morning when their home caught fire. But it just so happened that the Chattanooga Fire Department already had fire trucks on the street when the fire occurred — at 3 a.m.

“All they [firefighters] had to do was back up and start fighting the fire," said Wanda Harrelson, whose carbon monoxide alarm originally brought firefighters to the area.

Check tomorrow's Times Free Press for the full story.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.