published Tuesday, August 26th, 2014

The Funeral

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

137
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.

Stupid cartoon.

August 26, 2014 at 12:03 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Insulting to all cops. Watch those california stops, toon-boy.

August 26, 2014 at 12:06 a.m.

Is Bennett leaving?

August 26, 2014 at 12:11 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

no, I mean those "almost stops" at stop-signs.

August 26, 2014 at 12:13 a.m.

Oh, oh, ok..missed that.

August 26, 2014 at 12:14 a.m.
MasterBlaster said...

Wankers certainly have their collective panties in a knot, Clay! You ROCK...

August 26, 2014 at 12:15 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Elmendorf, TX: Police Chief murdered during traffic stop. The suspect was identified as Joshua Manuel Lopez, according to the Sheriff's Office. The Redeemer will dispatch Eric Holder to investigate as soon as hell freezes over.

August 26, 2014 at 12:15 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Blaster knows his wankers no doubt.

August 26, 2014 at 12:16 a.m.
GameOn said...

Black cop in Utah shoots and kills a white unarmed 20 year old male. Clay might want to cover this story ASAP.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/black-cop-kills-white-man-media-hide-race/

August 26, 2014 at 12:17 a.m.
GameOn said...

Black cop shoots 70 year old white male reaching for his cain.

August 26, 2014 at 12:21 a.m.
GameOn said...

Obama Sent No Representative to Memorial Mass for Beheaded Journalist James Foley.

August 26, 2014 at 12:28 a.m.
ibshame said...

The Black Cop in Utah had on a body camera so regardless of what his story is or that of anyone else not there,the camera doesn't lie. If he did in fact, kill this kid in cold blood then he will have to answer for it just as Wilson will have to answer for the murder he committed. Of course the only video taken of Wilson was not from a body camera but from the video of eyewitnesses. BTW that Fata$$ greasy pig Limbaugh (where you got your news) will probably spend the next few weeks trying to blame President Obama for the shooting in Utah and as usual most of his dumba$$ followers will suck it all up as they usually do.

August 26, 2014 at 12:45 a.m.
ibshame said...

Another GREAT cartoon as usual from Mr. Bennett!!!!! One cartoon worth a thousand words!!! And because the RWNJ 's don't like it makes it even better!!!

August 26, 2014 at 12:46 a.m.
ibshame said...

President Obama didn't send a representative to the Mass instead he sent several drones along with fighter jets to bomb ISIS sites as RETRIBUTION for the killing of James Foley. That was far better than sending a rep to the memorial service.

August 26, 2014 at 1:37 a.m.
fairmon said...

ibshame....your 1:37 a.m. post is pretty lame. He did bomb ISIS which was not only for the Foley family but for all Americans. He sent Eric Holder to Ferguson to investigate for all Americans. The POTUS typically only attends or sends a representative to the funeral of other heads of state for good reason. He can't attend or send a representative to every funeral where there is an alleged wrongful death. It appears to be a divisive racially motivated act. His sending Holder to investigate to determine if there was a civil rights violation and his comments urging people to not be destructive etc. were appropriate in a high profile case. His staff's decision to send a representative, which he probably didn't know about in advance, doesn't appear to be a smart move.

August 26, 2014 at 4:13 a.m.
alprova said...

Nothing this President does meets the approval of some of you people.

Same story, different day.

Blah, blah, blah...blah, blah...

August 26, 2014 at 6:53 a.m.
alprova said...

James Foley knew the risks he was taking by staying in that nation. He wrote about them several times.

I can commend him on his bravery and consider him to be stupid at the same time.

An American of any description walking around in the Middle East, is subject to be kidnapped by any number of radical groups.

There are some pretty pissed off people over there at Americans right now.

None of our lives are worth a wooden nickel, thanks to our fine leaders.

August 26, 2014 at 6:57 a.m.
LibDem said...

I'm afraid this cartoon is a cheap shot - profiling guys who where uniforms and badges.

August 26, 2014 at 7:04 a.m.
alprova said...

I see how the next few days are going to play out. People are going to scour the net for evidence of any black cop shooting white people.

Regarding the video above, this is why you NEVER get out of a car during a traffic stop until and unless an officer directs you to do so.

Reaching into the vehicle for anything will likely get you shot, as did happen to this man.

The handle of a cane from 25 feet can look very much like the grip of a pistol, which is why the man was shot.

I'm not stating that either party was right or wrong, but had the man stayed in his vehicle, he would not have been shot.

Race had absolutely nothing to do with this incident and it would not have even been considered comparable to the killing of Michael Brown had there not been two races involved.

August 26, 2014 at 7:10 a.m.
Maximus said...

Like Imperialist Japan and Nazi Germany, radical Islamic ideology, I.e. ISIS and Hamas is a culture of violence and manipulation that must be destroyed. If left to grow, we are talking about a world war, a draft, and most likely warfare in U.S. Streets for the first time since the Civil War. We should have never left our large, active military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have maintained NATO bases all over Europe for decades to observe our enemies and maintain strategic advantage. Why not keep bases where our strategic risk is highest, the Middle East. Obama is a complete flop in foreign policy.

As for the funeral cartoon.....more of the same community agitation from very boring and predictable Clay.

August 26, 2014 at 8:27 a.m.
caddy said...

"Michael was a big guy, but he was a kind, gentle soul, and before he left this Earth, the day that he was killed, he was out spreading the word of Jesus Christ," a family friend said at Michael Brown's funeral.

Git' yo ass saved an' gimme them cigars fool!

August 26, 2014 at 8:27 a.m.
conservative said...

It must have been the redistribution gospel that is preached by Liberals since he was practicing it at that store.

August 26, 2014 at 8:39 a.m.
alprova said...

Maximyth, if we are going to be fighting all these radicals on the streets of the United States, what "strategic advantage" are we going to have from military bases left over in Iraq and Afghanistan?

That's some amazing logic you are using there.

You might want to go back to the drawing board on that, or even better, leave the military planning up to the Pentagon.

August 26, 2014 at 8:57 a.m.
caddy said...

Robbing a liquor store sure does spread the love of Jesus Christ.

Toon Boy Bennett, like so many of his liberal progressive white haters wants to shed his skin and identify with Brown's thuggery. What does that make Bennett ? Just another thug drawing Cartoons. You Rarely if ever see him come into the times freepress page here--where his followers and detractors--present their case. He is at the forefront, however, of his FB Page where he loves his followers kind words, but has no stomach for those who are hard on him. He's a Liberal Progressive Panty waste. Nothing more. He sides with looters, thugs, criminals.

August 26, 2014 at 9:01 a.m.
alprova said...

That's right all you wonderful religious conservatives. Let's see examples of that fine Christianity we hear about all the time.

Go ahead and trample on the boy's grave.

August 26, 2014 at 9:01 a.m.
conservative said...

"Robbing a liquor store sure does spread the love of Jesus Christ."

You shall know them by their fruits.

August 26, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.

He's not a boy, Alprova, he's man who robbed a store and bullied the store employees. That's a fact.

Foley wasn't stupid, he was doing his job. His beheading is a result of his stupidty?

August 26, 2014 at 9:49 a.m.

conservative said..

"You shall know them by their fruits."

Then doesn't that make you one of Jehovah's dingleberries?

August 26, 2014 at 10:07 a.m.
AgentX said...

These cartoons are offensive to every group involved. But that's what the artist is after. It becomes an issue of race when the public makes it one. I could see the same thing occurring regardless of race. I know an officer that was sitting in his patrol car in a parking lot finishing paper work after writing a ticket. Someone pulled up next to him and he drew his handgun and had it on the other side of his door. They just asked directions, but the cop doesn't know that at the time. The police walk around with a big target on their back and have to be ready to act defensively.
Again, I could see the event unfolding the same way if both parties were white, or if race was reversed. Would it get as much attention? Heck no. The public has to thrive on the conflict and fuel the anger.

August 26, 2014 at 10:17 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo is the consummate liar. He's the last person that should be talking about right/wrong/truth.

August 26, 2014 at 10:22 a.m.
Ki said...

Gameon, if the cop who shot Dillon Taylor was white you'd say Taylor was Hispanic (Latino) and the cop was justified. Yeah you forgot to mention that Taylor is part Hispanic(Latino). You'd be on that ship'em back to mexico train.

August 26, 2014 at 10:57 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, you have publicly lied on this forum (at least) three times. Does that mean that when you are gone, you will be remembered as a liar? I mean, since you and Caddy judge people on one act. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". I guess you and Caddy are "without sin".

August 26, 2014 at 11:22 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

President Barack Obama sent no White House representative to the memorial Mass held yesterday in Rochester, New Hampshire, for James Foley, the American journalist beheaded by the Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) terrorists. President Obama, however, did send three White House aides to Monday’s funeral for Michael Brown, an 18-year-old African American fatally shot in an encounter with a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo. sounds about right

August 26, 2014 at 11:29 a.m.
Ki said...

da jackzun it's allegedly beheaded by allege Islamic terrorist until further notice. ;)

Now, that info I promised you on minor children crossing the mexico/u.s. border and what's driving it:

btw-may have to post in 2 or 3 part series. Will attempt to post it all here, though

I. Minors crossing the u.s./mexico border from central america has been steadily rising since the year 2000, and detention centers overwhelmed is a predictable outcome. When it hit the news recently it was actually a political stunt by Breitbart in Texas to gain political points for rightwing republicans, which breitbart is very well known to be a member of.

There are three reasons minors are fleeing central america. But we'll focus here on the primary and most driving one. VIOLENCE! * and the violence is not coming from every central american country, but from only three: el savadore, Guatamala and Honduras. Belize, Costa Rica and Nicaragua aren't not experiencing the violence the prior three mentioned are experiencing. Anyone who can remember the 1980s probably know why and what's driving the violence and minor children fleeing to the border.

Cause: america pumped enormous quantities of military "aid" into Guatamala,el savadore and hHonduras in the 1989s which led to the creation of violently enforced inequality in those countries whose bitter fruit are still being reaped today. the end I think

August 26, 2014 at 12:01 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Kizun: You have the stunning ability to spin any story in order to blame the U.S...You're quite adept at it.

August 26, 2014 at 12:08 p.m.
Ki said...

For some, jackzun, it's hard to swallow reality and the truth in one gulp. I understand. It's like finally having to acknowledge that beloved family member is actually a serial killer or sumthin' . I understand. Trust me! I DO understand. ;-)

til later/

August 26, 2014 at 12:30 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Ki, here's the thing. Lefties, like you, love to deride right wing blogs, radio, news, etc. Yet you slurp up any left wing site as gospel. I never see an ounce of objectivity in you guys. Breitbart bad, Salon good. Do you actually think the Central American banana republics were paragons of virtue prior to our "involvement". Please.

August 26, 2014 at 12:35 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Ki, here's a good example of your way of approaching things.

According to the Los Angeles Times, while introducing Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto, who said America is "the other Mexico," Brown "spoke about the interwoven histories of Mexico and California." He "nodded to the immigrants in the room, saying it didn't matter if they had permission to be in the United States." "You're all welcome in California," Brown reportedly said. Brown has made California a sanctuary state by signing the Trust Act, giving driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. He has also expanded financial aid to illegal immigrants by signing the California DREAM Act. Peña Nieto reportedly "thanked state officials for embracing foreigners citing measures that extend state benefits to immigrants." Even during the border crisis, Brown reportedly vowed "to find ways to shorten long waits at the Tijuana-San Diego international border crossing," saying, "If we can put a man on the moon, we can put a man from Mexico to California in 20 minutes." The Peoples Republic of California deserve to be bankrupt. Electing fools like Brown, Pelosi, Boxer, Waxman, etc has really served them well, huh? Open borders, one worlders, unite! Come on up, the table is set! With respect, Ki, people that think like you make me wanna puke.

August 26, 2014 at 12:40 p.m.
conservative said...

GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, you have publicly lied on this forum (at least) three times. Does that mean that when you are gone, you will be remembered as a liar? I mean, since you and Caddy judge people on one act. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". I guess you and Caddy are "without sin".

August 26, 2014 at 11:22 a.m.

========================================

GaussianInteger

You lied.

August 26, 2014 at 12:55 p.m.
conservative said...

Someone at the TFP is taking down comments.

Ms. Sohn had two, one was mine, now both are gone.

She now has ZERO comments.

I guess someone up there would rather she had her usual ZERO.

August 26, 2014 at 1:30 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

I don't know, Connie. If they allow a serial libeler to remain, anything goes.

August 26, 2014 at 1:35 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Douglas McAuthur McCain, of San Diego, California, was killed over the weekend fighting for the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), according to the Free Syrian Army. Photos of McCain’s passport and of his body — which feature a distinctive neck tattoo — have been seen by NBC News. According to an activist linked to the Free Syrian Army who also saw the body and travel document, McCain was among three foreign jihadis fighting with ISIS who died during the battle. The State Department was not immediately able to comment on the report. Reportedly, President Obama to send Eric Holder to investigate.

August 26, 2014 at 1:55 p.m.
limric said...

Zableedofisterix,

Michael Brown was 18 years old. He was a “teenager” - a boy. He was also unarmed.

The cigar incident had nothing to do with the shooting and has nothing whatsoever to do with the case as it goes forward.

August 26, 2014 at 1:57 p.m.
Maximus said...

Al the point was, if we continue to ignore radical Islam the war will come here, maybe even your door step. Obama's policy of "Leading From Behind" against as he called it " the JV Team" has been a disaster.

Abandoning our military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan was a mistake. Obama knows that.

August 26, 2014 at 2:16 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "He's not a boy, Alprova, he's man who robbed a store and bullied the store employees. That's a fact."

If he were white and had done nothing, you wouldn't bat an eye at him being called a boy. He was still a teenager and would have been for another year. He was indeed a boy.

"Foley wasn't stupid, he was doing his job. His beheading is a result of his stupidty?"

I consider him stupid for volunteering to be there. He WAS there by choice. He was not assigned there with no option to leave.

August 26, 2014 at 2:38 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie wrote:

WWWAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! WWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!! WAAAAAAAAAH!!!

I'm butt-hurt and I'm going to whine day in and day out because I think it bothers him!!!!!

WWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

August 26, 2014 at 2:40 p.m.
alprova said...

Maximyth wrote: "Al the point was, if we continue to ignore radical Islam the war will come here, maybe even your door step."

I have a bit more faith in our military than perhaps you do.

"Abandoning our military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan was a mistake. Obama knows that."

The hell it was. We need to stay the hell out of that region forever and a day. Let them work it out among themselves.

August 26, 2014 at 2:46 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"GaussianInteger You lied."

You have been saying for the past three weeks you were going to "expose my lies". I have encouraged you to post one. Instead, we only get an empty allegation. Who is going to take your word for it?

August 26, 2014 at 2:47 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Abandoning our military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan was a mistake. Obama knows that."

Reagan did the same thing in Beirut after the Marine barracks bombing. And did he attend any of the funerals of those Marines? I swear, it's like you guys only remember bits and pieces of US history. I guess it's only the parts that support your political beliefs.

August 26, 2014 at 2:50 p.m.
conservative said...

GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, you have publicly lied on this forum (at least) three times. Does that mean that when you are gone, you will be remembered as a liar? I mean, since you and Caddy judge people on one act. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". I guess you and Caddy are "without sin".

August 26, 2014 at 11:22 a.m.

========================================

GaussianInteger

You lied.

August 26, 2014 at 2:57 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie, the man doesn't lie. You, Orr, and Caddy, the Three Museketeers, have always held yourselves out to be self-righteous pricks.

The three of you really need to read the parts of the Bible that address each and every one of your behaviors in this forum.

Not that it will likely do any good, for the three of you have had it all pointed out to you repeatedly, and you continue to ignore it.

I suspect that Judgment Day for all three of you is not going to be what the three of you are expecting it to be.

All three of you give Christianity a very bad name.

August 26, 2014 at 3:02 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"Jesus sinned"

"Jesus cannot be God"

August 26, 2014 at 3:05 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"Get something through your thick head. I have NEVER blasphemed God."

"Your problems are not my problems. I rejected your brand of Christianity years ago. Nothing is going to change that."

"If you believe the Bible to be 100% accurate in all regards, then you by default believe God to be a mass-murderer."

"The Bible never has been the word of God and you will never make it so"

August 26, 2014 at 3:08 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"Jesus sinned"

"Jesus cannot be God"

"The idea that we are to accept a mass-murderer as an object of worship doesn't reflect well upon Christians at all. If he murdered nearly every human on the planet, God is far more heinous than Hitler. Yet Christians are to willfully worship him without question. Why?"

"conservative, you are a sick, sick man."

August 26, 2014 at 3:09 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"You simply refuse to accept the fact that the Bible is far from a perfect work, and that it is full of things that defy all sense of reason."

"The Bible is not the word of God. The Bible is the word of humans who claim to have interacted verbally with God"

"The Bible never has been the word of God and you will never make it so"

August 26, 2014 at 3:13 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"I do not fear the Lord and nobody is ever going to convince me to fear God's "wrath."

"I do not and never will hold the belief that the Bible is the word of God. You will not shame me into such a belief, no matter how many times you try."

"And again, you fail to include the scripture I cited that proves that Jesus himself did not consider himself to be perfect and without sin."

"Jesus cannot be God"

August 26, 2014 at 3:15 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"It is utter blasphemy to claim that God came out of a women like all people, it is utter blasphemy to claim God came out crying and screaming and being helpless and weak."

"Such nonsense is insulting to God; this itself is enough to prove Jesus is not God. How can you claim that God came out of a woman?"

"Are you mad? Are you insane? How can you insult God in such a manner? Some of you Christians should be ashamed of yourselves for ascribing such rubbish to God."

"conservative, you are a sick, sick man."

August 26, 2014 at 3:19 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"Was there more than one God? Was there a Mrs. God? Did God create life on this planet, coming from another?"

August 26, 2014 at 3:20 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"Your problems are not my problems. I rejected your brand of Christianity years ago. Nothing is going to change that."

"I do not fear the Lord and nobody is ever going to convince me to fear God's "wrath."

August 26, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.
Ki said...

jackzun, you do know, don't you, that California WAS Mexican territory at one time in history? The only reason America went to war with mexico was because the US wanted to expand slavery into the west which would have included California territory and mexico refused to go along. They're just returning to reclaim what was once theirs in the first place.

And yes! I do realize that Mexico at one time was in the slave business, but it would be one of the first countries on this side of the hemisphere to dernounce and abolish it.

August 26, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie's butt-hurt today, I see. I've made his revenge post list.

HAW, HAW, HAW...HAW, HAW!!

Inquiringmind, you get a break today. He can't post to two people a day. It taxes his brain.

August 26, 2014 at 3:33 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"Get something through your thick head. I have NEVER blasphemed God."

"I do not fear the Lord and nobody is ever going to convince me to fear God's "wrath."

pt wrote: "Alpo: Did you say Jesus cannot be God?"

"Yep, and there is plenty of evidence in the Bible to prove it."

August 26, 2014 at 3:38 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"I have not expressed so much as one, anti-Christian view."

"Jesus sinned"

"Jesus cannot be God"

August 26, 2014 at 3:40 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"I have not expressed so much as one, anti-Christian view."

Died for our sins? Sure. Resurrected? Perhaps. Jesus was God? Not a chance in Hell.

August 26, 2014 at 3:41 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"I have not expressed so much as one, anti-Christian view."

"Believe what YOU wish, but Jesus's sins are documented in the Bible, and quite clearly."

August 26, 2014 at 3:43 p.m.
conservative said...

Brazen anti Christ Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"I have not expressed so much as one, anti-Christian view."

"What supports Christianity in the first place? The Bible doesn't. So where am I, as a Christian supposed to read all about Christianity in the Bible?"

August 26, 2014 at 3:46 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

So all of these past posts from Alprova and you still haven't posted my "lies"? I'll take that as you don't have crap.

August 26, 2014 at 4:02 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie never has a response when he is cornered. Never. He just compiles responses and posts them as if they mean a damn thing, given that he is powerless to refute them at all.

He accuses anyone who goes up against him of being a liar.

The fact is, no one is more guilty in this forum of lying than he.

His lies are legendary. He lies about the Bible, about Christiantiy, about his foes, about everything.

No one believes a word he writes. No one.

August 26, 2014 at 4:08 p.m.
conservative said...

GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, you have publicly lied on this forum (at least) three times. Does that mean that when you are gone, you will be remembered as a liar? I mean, since you and Caddy judge people on one act. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". I guess you and Caddy are "without sin".

August 26, 2014 at 11:22 a.m.

========================================

GaussianInteger

You lied.

August 26, 2014 at 4:18 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Consider these 18 posts at: 8:39AM, 9:17AM, 12:55, 2:57, 3:05,3:08, 3:09, 3:13, 3:15, 3:19, 3:20, 3:21, 3:23, 3:38, 3:40, 3:41, 3:46, 4:18PM and ask who is blaspheming Christianity ?

August 26, 2014 at 4:20 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alprova says "Connie never has a response when he is cornered. Never." like you NEVER have a response when asked for evidence. Like that?

August 26, 2014 at 4:23 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind said...

Consider these 18 posts at: 8:39AM, 9:17AM, 12:55, 2:57, 3:05,3:08, 3:09, 3:13, 3:15, 3:19, 3:20, 3:21, 3:23, 3:38, 3:40, 3:41, 3:46, 4:18PM and ask who is blaspheming Christianity ?

August 26, 2014 at 4:20 p.m.

===================================

Who do think you are fooling?

August 26, 2014 at 4:39 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie bawled:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

I'M BUTT-HURT!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

August 26, 2014 at 4:56 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

How many times do I have to expose you?

You probably will not answer this upcoming question but your non answer will be an answer that incriminates you.

Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"Jesus sinned"

Is Mr. Anthony Provancher's statement blasphemy inquiringmind?

August 26, 2014 at 4:58 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

You know, Alpo. You are really a coward. You make charges, but will offer no evidence. Very cowardly, little fella.

August 26, 2014 at 5:05 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

If someone states that "Jesus cannot be God" is that blasphemy inquiringmind?

August 26, 2014 at 5:37 p.m.

Ki, California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas will never go back to Mexico. Stop dreaming.

Spain conquered the Aztecs and other tribes, so what are you going to do with that? How far back do you want to go? Idiocy.

Regarding Brown, I never said the his robbery of the store and the bullying of the store workers had anything to do with the shooting. It does tell me he's no "gentle giant"

August 26, 2014 at 5:49 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

Stumped?

I know 12 year olds that can answer those questions.

August 26, 2014 at 5:50 p.m.
limric said...

May be you didn’t specifically say as much zableedofisterix, but you explicitly implied it.

And you still are. Your caveat being: "It does tell me he's no "gentle giant"

August 26, 2014 at 5:59 p.m.

Yeah, it does tell me that, limric. This isn't the first cartoon Bennett has drawn regarding this issue. I also wrote that I don't understand why it was necessary to shoot Brown 8 times. I have no idea what went down, it's all speculation, but 8 times is excessive.

August 26, 2014 at 6:18 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie wrote: "You know, Alpo. You are really a coward. You make charges, but will offer no evidence. Very cowardly, little fella."

The only charge I have made today is that you cry at the top of your lungs and that you appear to be butt-hurt.

Clearly, your posts bear out those two things as facts.

Your posts are the evidence you are asking for.

And no, I will not be confirming you as a friend on Facebook.

August 26, 2014 at 6:29 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man, a new audiotape of the shooting provides that the officer shot his pistol a total of 11 times. Six bullets hit Michael Brown. Five did not. A few were recovered in the housing surrounding the scene.

It's a wonder the cop didn't shoot someone in their bed.

Officers are supposed to be trained to avoid discharging their weapons where there is a danger in the background of someone being shot.

Where did Darren Wilson learn to shoot his firearms?

Reckless is the best description I can come up with to describe his use of firearm on that unarmed 18 year old man.

August 26, 2014 at 6:35 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo, you seem to be obsessed with "butt-hurt". I'm not hurt. I just want to remind people of your cowardice in not presenting evidence of my alleged defrocking and bankruptcy.. ..you're a liar and a coward, and everyone needs to know.

August 26, 2014 at 6:46 p.m.
alprova said...

The BIG whiner wrote: "Alpo, you seem to be obsessed with "butt-hurt". I'm not hurt."

Yeah, you are. Big Time.

"I just want to remind people of your cowardice in not presenting evidence of my alleged defrocking and bankruptcy.."

That is so YESTERDAY. Why are you whining about what happened YESTERDAY? It's been at least a week since I've even broached a issue of anyone going bankrupt. Why are you whining about what happened a week ago?

"you're a liar and a coward, and everyone needs to know."

Really? Where is the evidence I have lied? You have none. But I can prove you lied, several times.

Remember?

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270586

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270592

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270593

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270595

Your tongue is in your cheek...but you still lied, didn't you?

Thou hypocrite.

August 26, 2014 at 7:02 p.m.

Alprova, if that's true, yeah. That's more than incompetent and wreckless. We still don't know the details of what happened exactly, but I don't understand shooting at someone that many times unless he thought his life was in danger. But, 11 shots is a lot.

August 26, 2014 at 7:02 p.m.
ibshame said...

AudioTape has emerged of shots being fired by Wilson, FBI has tape and is working to authenticate it. Just a matter of time before someone emerges who has been afraid to come forward before now. Significance of tape? The tape clearly has recorded a pause in the shooting which corroborates eyewitnesses' accounts of how many shots were fired by Wilson as he chased Brown. The Pause also corroborates the eyewitnesses' account of how Wilson paused then began shooting Brown again which according to the eyewitnesses was after Brown stopped running and turned with his hands in the air. Still no official police report of shooting incident has been issued even though a video of Brown in the store before the shooting was released.

August 26, 2014 at 7:05 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

You doing research on those two questions?

Are the two statements "Jesus sinned" and "Jesus cannot be God" blasphemies or not?

I know 12 year olds who can correctly answer those questions.

August 26, 2014 at 7:06 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo, your lame postings show NO evidence of the Defrocking or bankruptcy. Why not admit you pulled those 2 ditties out of your broad arse. Hmm?

August 26, 2014 at 7:12 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "I know 12 year olds who can correctly answer those questions."

You know 12 year olds who can testify to the same kind of brainwashing you received, but what you cannot offer is direct Biblical proof that Jesus was God.

You can cite several metaphorical references, which have been used to claim Jesus was God, but the Bible clearly states that no man hath ever seen God, so there is no way Jesus was God.

Jesus was the Son of God, no question. Jesus did indeed die for all our sins. But nowhere in the Bible does it clearly state that God took an approximate 33 year sabbatical from being God, inserted himself in the womb of a human, was downloaded through a birth canal, and lived on this Earth for all those years, pretending to be human.

The mere thought of it is ludicrous and outrageous.

God is God and Jesus is now at his right side forever, as the Bible clearly states.

Where is your clear version of events written in the Bible?

It does not exist. So what is it based upon?

Rumor, speculation, and worse, it is an outright lie, perpetrated by heathens standing at a pulpit, who pretend to know what is written in the Bible.

August 26, 2014 at 7:17 p.m.
alprova said...

The BIG Whiner wrote: "Alpo, your lame postings show NO evidence of the Defrocking or bankruptcy."

You're the only person referring to either one of those issues today. Why? Are you so in need of attention that you cannot stand not being accused of something?

"Why not admit you pulled those 2 ditties out of your broad arse. Hmm?"

Because I did not. You absolutely know them to be true and correct, but I'm trying to leave you the hell alone and to stop aggravating others with this crap. It would be nice if you would extend to me the same courtesy.

Then you have nothing to deny.

Please Jackie...leave me alone, you big bully. I'm going to tell your mommy if you don't stop!!

August 26, 2014 at 7:23 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Where is your clear version of events written in the Bible?"

It's right next to the evidence of me lying.

August 26, 2014 at 7:24 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

ConMan,

You Lied!!!

August 26, 2014 at 7:27 p.m.
ibshame said...

CONMAN claims to have called the TFP to complain about comments made on this forum. What is really sad is the fact he/she is allowed to continue to use this POLITICAL forum to push his/her religious Ideology which is so far from any semblance of TRUTH. In reality he/she is no better than those RADICAL Muslims when it comes to the belief that anyone who doesn't share his/her twisted version of Biblical Scripture is bound for hell.

Several times he/she has been caught in lies and cornered but he/she evades and twists . If he/she wants a forum in which to express his/her twisted versions of Biblical Scripture he/she should start one of his/her own otherwise all he/she is doing is spamming the TFP forum with nothing more than the rants of an extremist. He/she is the one who should be reported if he/she is allowed to continue in this manner most especially if the TFP is allowing him/her to do this without charging for a paid subscription.

August 26, 2014 at 7:33 p.m.
alprova said...

Everyone knows Connie lied. He lies on a daily basis. His biggest lie is that he claims to be a Christian.

August 26, 2014 at 7:35 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie lied about that too. He hasn't had any of his posts pulled.

August 26, 2014 at 7:38 p.m.

conservative said...

"I know 12 year olds who can correctly answer those questions."

That you "know" 12 year-olds is creepy. Do the parents know about you and your proclivities?

August 26, 2014 at 7:43 p.m.
ibshame said...

Yes, He/she is a liar no doubt but he/she should not be allowed to continue to spam this forum on a daily basis with all of his/her warped religious viewpoints.

August 26, 2014 at 7:43 p.m.
conservative said...

ibshame

A child can call someone a liar.

Adults who act like children do also.

Adults who are not lying when they charge someone with lying post the charge in quotes.

I did not see any of your charges in quotes.

Caught you.

August 26, 2014 at 7:44 p.m.
conservative said...

ibshame

You did not quote even one "warped religious viewpoint."

Caught you again.

August 26, 2014 at 7:47 p.m.
conservative said...

GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, you have publicly lied on this forum (at least) three times. Does that mean that when you are gone, you will be remembered as a liar? I mean, since you and Caddy judge people on one act. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". I guess you and Caddy are "without sin".

August 26, 2014 at 11:22 a.m.

========================================

GaussianInteger

You lied.

August 26, 2014 at 7:50 p.m.
ibshame said...

No, you haven't caught me because I see no point in anyone trying to showcase your lies because you aren't worth the time or effort to go back and post them. I admire those who are willing to give you the time it takes to do that. This is not a RELIGIOUS forum and you have taken up more than enough space with your ignorant, lying, hypocritical ideology. You should have been banned the first time you started spamming this forum with your lies. If this were any other forum other than the TFP you would have already been banned for your constant spamming.

August 26, 2014 at 7:52 p.m.
Ki said...

da zabbler @ 5:49 pm _ isn't going back to mexico 'n brown was no gentle giant.

Who said anything about Cali , Arizona or NM going back to mexico? I said they're have returned to reclaim what was once theirs. That Aztec remark was really a dumb one. Most aborigines from south of the border are descendants of Aztec.

On the Michael Brown remark. Most young people, especially young males around that age , aren't gentle and do stupid stuff without thinking. You should hear of some of the dumb, un-gentle crap yuppie white teens from the community I live have done. None, however, were gunned down in the middle of the street by cops. Then left lying there, uncovered for over four hours like an animal ran over by a car or something. Do you know why they use to leave black bodies in the south hanging from trees until they rotted? It was to warn other blacks they could meet the same fate.

That's where the song: "Strange Fruit" comes from.

Southern trees (American trees) still bear strange fruit

Blood on the leaves and blood at the root

Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze

strange fruit still hangin' from the poplar trees

Pastoral scenes of a gallant south

The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth

Here lies the fruit for the crows to pluck For the rain to gather/for the wind to suck For the sun to rot For the trees to drop Here still lies a strange and bitter crop

America!

August 26, 2014 at 7:52 p.m.
conservative said...

ibshame

"Religion" has been brought up scores of time by Mr. Bennett and others here.

You obviously share the opposite view and can't defend your views so you are lashing out.

Let me help out.

Don't read them. Turn the channel.

You would be amazed at how seldom I have read you.

Besides, Mr. Anthony Provancher loves for me to quote him.

August 26, 2014 at 8:02 p.m.
ibshame said...

Ki, yesterday I read a story about 7 White kids who broke into Ray Allen's ( NBA star ) home to see what it looked like on the inside. Now they had no business at all going into that man' s home in Florida. He was not at home at the time but suppose he had been and opened fire on them ( using the stand your ground defense because they were in his home uninvited)? Can you imagine the outrage that would have been launched at him because they were unarmed? As it turns out, Allen wanted them all charged with Breaking and Entering but the police only charged them with trespassing. Why? I think we know why.

August 26, 2014 at 8:10 p.m.
conservative said...

ibeshame

You wrote:

"This is not a RELIGIOUS forum and you have taken up more than enough space with your ignorant, lying, hypocritical ideology."

It can only be a religious forum if you and others participate.

If you could get Mr. Bennett, and Mr. Anthony Provancher, and inquirinmind and gaussianinteger and yourself not to talk about "religious" matters then there would be very little discussion.

Think about it

You and others can control what you want to discuss.

No one can make you discuss what you don't want to discuss.

August 26, 2014 at 8:15 p.m.
GameOn said...

alprova said...I see how the next few days are going to play out. People are going to scour the net for evidence of any black cop shooting white people.

My intent was to see if people would jump to the same conclusions as they did with Michael Brown. The video of the of the officer shooting the elderly man getting the cane shows the officer was fully justified and I believe the officer in Utah will probably be cleared too. No one knows the whole story in Ferguson yet but the officer has already been tried and convicted. Let the evidence be presented on both sides.

August 26, 2014 at 8:15 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "Besides, Mr. Anthony Provancher loves for me to quote him."

Sure...why not? You give every one of my statements credibility when you cannot refute them, and instead you post them with a disclaimer that they are blasphemous or coming from an anti-Christ.

The fact remains that YOU are this forum's only anti-Christ. You drive people away from God and his Son with your heathen musings.

August 26, 2014 at 8:16 p.m.
conservative said...

ibeshame

See what I mean?

August 26, 2014 at 8:19 p.m.
ibshame said...

CONMAN when Mr. Bennett has a cartoon with a religious theme it is appropriate for a smoocher like yourself to make all the religious comments you want but when the topic is not about someone's religious viewpoint then you have no right to interject your religious hypocrisy and lies into the forum since you aren't a paying customer to begin with. The fact others are willing to engage with you is more a testament to their generosity and tolerance.

August 26, 2014 at 8:21 p.m.
conservative said...

ibshame

Says you.

I have every right to discuss anything, just as you do and you are doing now.

Who made you monitor?

"since you are aren't a paying customer to begin with."

And you call me a liar and can't even give one example.

You just lied and I just put your lie in quotes.

August 26, 2014 at 8:31 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, I will cite one specific lie that came from your lips. The regulars will all recall when you were blasting Alprova for attending a Mormon church (you have done it on multiple occasions). You called it supporting a cult (you have done that on multiple occasions, as well). Then I called you out since it is a certainty that you voted for Mitt Romney. You denied voting for Mitt.

You have chastised Catholics on this forum, yet you won't answer a question that has been posed to you on multiple occasions. Of course, that doesn't make you a liar, that just makes you a coward. Then again, most cowards are liars, so if the shoe fits, wear it.

August 26, 2014 at 8:44 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

ibshame, every board has its resident kook. ConMan is certifiable insane and delusional. It used to be that he would only appear when homosexuality was mentioned. KenOrr will start talking about anal and oral and ConMan was there cheering him on. Now he pops up on a regular basis. Even during the times he should be attending his true church.

August 26, 2014 at 8:49 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Another lie you told ConMan is when you told Alprova and I that "we could never become members of your church".

August 26, 2014 at 8:50 p.m.
conservative said...
August 26, 2014 at 8:52 p.m.

ibshame, how are teenagers breaking into an NBA stars house to see what it looks like comparable to Brown robbing and bullying the store clerks? Maybe they were charged that for a reason. I bet you can find all kinds of examples of white teens breaking into homes an getting charged with breaking and entering.

Typical lib, piling on.

August 26, 2014 at 8:55 p.m.
conservative said...

GaussianInteger said...

ConMan, I will cite one specific lie that came from your lips. The regulars will all recall when you were blasting Alprova for attending a Mormon church (you have done it on multiple occasions). You called it supporting a cult (you have done that on multiple occasions, as well). Then I called you out since it is a certainty that you voted for Mitt Romney. You denied voting for Mitt.

You have chastised Catholics on this forum, yet you won't answer a question that has been posed to you on multiple occasions. Of course, that doesn't make you a liar, that just makes you a coward. Then again, most cowards are liars, so if the shoe fits, wear it.

August 26, 2014 at 8:44 p.m.

================================

So, where is the supposed lie in all of that?

August 26, 2014 at 8:58 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "how are teenagers breaking into an NBA stars house to see what it looks like comparable to Brown robbing and bullying the store clerks?"

It's no comparison at all. Breaking and entering v. Shoplifting and shoving someone?

August 26, 2014 at 9:01 p.m.
conservative said...

GaussianInteger said...

Another lie you told ConMan is when you told Alprova and I that "we could never become members of your church".

================================

So, where is the lie?

August 26, 2014 at 9:02 p.m.

Robbing and bullying, is what it was. Since you libs like to speculate so much, what if the clerks decided to take him on more vigorously. What would brown have done? He probably would've have assaulted them given that he's a foot taller and outweighed them by 100 pounds.

It was theft, and he was prepared to fight if he had to.

August 26, 2014 at 9:08 p.m.

Dingleberry Conservative is actually providing freethinkers, agnostics, and atheists a prime example of extreme religious fundamentalism connected with an unstable mind.

I use Conservative as an example to teach kids (and adults) why religion should be kept out of public schools and government, why creationism is false (and looney), and the dangers of replacing freethought and doubt with religious dogma and creeds.

Not only do people understand his self-imposed mental deficiencies, but his/hers/its lack of ability to use logic, reason, and clarity to discuss issues.

Though far from being the only mentally unstable FundyNutZ on this forum, he does provide hilarious entertainment.

Remember Dan Martino? Dan Martino was alleged to have died in 2003, I'm not so sure that Conservative and Dan aren't one-in-the-same. Or perhaps Conservative is channeling Dan when he/she/it wears their tin-foil hat.

Either way, keep Conservative around. Many people depend on his/her/its posts to get a laugh and have come to see the delusions of religious ignorance that they so proudly represent.

August 26, 2014 at 9:09 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "So, where is the supposed lie in all of that?"

You lied repeatedly when you stated that I was "indoctrinated" by the Mormon Church, especially when I clarified the fact that I attended a Mormon church for 2-3 years, 40 years ago.

I have taken away some very positive things from all the religions I have been exposed to.

Why do you refuse to identify which religion you practice?

Why do you demand answers to questions, but never answer questions that are posed to you?

And worst of all, why do you insist on dragging other people into your failures to respond to a debate point, like a child?

Nobody but you gives a damn what I believe. I don't give a damn what it is that you believe and I have no intention of ever changing your pea brain to embrace any alternative belief from that which has you brainwashed to the hilt.

Why is it so important to you to attempt to discredit anyone who differs with you on beliefs? Can't stand the heat that goes with something you are powerless to refute?

It must really make you feel dumb to have to sit there with nothing at your disposal to offer that WOULD refute them.

August 26, 2014 at 9:11 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Anthony, you will rue the day you libeled me. I will remind people daily what a fraud you are. Daily.

August 26, 2014 at 9:14 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Robbing and bullying, is what it was"

Bullying is not an official charge outside of grade school.

Robbery covers both acts of stealing and using force to accomplish the theft.

August 26, 2014 at 9:14 p.m.
conservative said...

"You lied repeatedly when you stated that I was "indoctrinated" by the Mormon Church, especially when I clarified the fact that I attended a Mormon church for 2-3 years, 40 years ago."

Mr. Anthony Provancher just validated my words and called it a lie.

August 26, 2014 at 9:17 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Jack is starting to sound like ConMan.

And I see that Fister is still calling shoplifting, "robbing".

ConMan, share your church's name with me and I'll show you that you are lying. I'll be a member tomorrow.

August 26, 2014 at 9:18 p.m.
alprova said...

The BIG Whiner wrote: "Anthony, you will rue the day you libeled me."

Sir, you cannot prove I have ever libeled you. If you believe I have, then sue me.

"I will remind people daily what a fraud you are. Daily."

Good luck with that. All I gotta do is to post your own words, which is actual proof that what you accuse me of, is your own fault.

You'll figure it out one day.

August 26, 2014 at 9:18 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

And you know good and well you voted for Mitt Romney in 2012.

August 26, 2014 at 9:23 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "Mr. Anthony Provancher just validated my words and called it a lie."

You SIR are indeed a liar.

I can't remember one word from one lesson from my time in a Mormon Church.

The good that I took from the Mormon religion was the way the Church looked after all those who attended the church. It was refreshing to witness Christianity without an ounce of negativity in place.

It was nice to witness Christians care for each other. It was nice to witness Christians speak only in positive tones of voice all day long.

The Mormon religion, like many others, did not wind up being my platform of choice, but I have nothing against a soul who practices it.

It is and always has been a valid religion.

Who is anyone to state that they have a lock on Christianity?

August 26, 2014 at 9:26 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo the liar says "Good luck with that. All I gotta do is to post your own words, which is actual proof that what you accuse me of, is your own fault." Fine, Alpy. Let's see some posts relating to defrocking and bankruptcy. Huh? Gonna post 'em? No, because you are the ultimate liar and should be shamed off this board.

August 26, 2014 at 9:36 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Provancher should never even bring up the topic of telling the truth.

August 26, 2014 at 9:37 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Gassy says I'm starting to sound like Conman. Question, Gassy. If someone libeled you with "youre a defrocked and excommunicated priest.. And you've had a recent bankruptcy....would you gassy, not want evidence to support those lies? Tell the truth.

August 26, 2014 at 9:47 p.m.

Whatever. I know intimidation when I see it.

August 26, 2014 at 10:01 p.m.
Ki said...

Hadn't heard of that one, ibshame. Florida, I'm not at all surprised. Theyre Stand Your Ground law is very selective in who can/can't get away with using it as a defense.

Here's another thing that's come to light about the prosecutor and why even members of the bar association are asking him to step down from the decision whether to prosecute Wilson or not. They don't feel he can be objective. It's come to light his father was a cop who was killed in 1964 . Prosecutor Robert Mculloh was also said to have been upset when Missouri Gov. Nixon called in state police to take control of the protest situation handled so poorly by local Ferguson cops when they brought out all that heavy duty military equipment as if they were prepared for war.

August 26, 2014 at 10:02 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Ki, any jurisdiction gets pissed when cases are taken away from them. SOP. So the prosecutor should he punished for the sins (ha) of the father? You guys are silly.

August 26, 2014 at 10:07 p.m.
fairmon said...

He is a kid. He is not a thief he was "only shop lifting". That seems to be the thinking of some posting here.

It is a good thing hanging is not allowed with the obvious rush to judgment going on there would have been a hanging already. It's like a mob saying there is no need to wait on an investigation, all the facts it may cause us to miss the chance to see a hanging.

"The truth will set you free" if you can accept the truth when it becomes known. What is the truth in this case? I don't know but neither does anyone else posting on this board know the whole story at this point.

August 27, 2014 at 12:29 a.m.
alprova said...

"Fine, Alpy. Let's see some posts relating to defrocking and bankruptcy. Huh? Gonna post 'em? No, because you are the ultimate liar and should be shamed off this board."

Huh? You WANT me to keep posting about those two issues? You're twisted beyond belief.

You need to learn something; This is not Jack Dennis's forum. You do not own this forum. You were not appointed and put in charge of this forum. You are not the subject of interest in this forum.

Therefore, I will not be indulging you by raising issues so you can feign your asinine denials all day long.

"Gassy says I'm starting to sound like Conman. Question, Gassy. If someone libeled you with "youre a defrocked and excommunicated priest.. And you've had a recent bankruptcy....would you gassy, not want evidence to support those lies? Tell the truth."

Quit trying to rope other people into your little drama.

I have never lied when posting a word about you, but I am going to wind it all down because it is nothing but a viscous circle with you.

Go ahead and whine. I laugh my ass off at how ridiculous and pathetic you have become. You'd be pitiful if it were not for the fact that you create your own misery.

August 27, 2014 at 12:35 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.