• Today, Aug. 28: 7:15 p.m., Beer Tasting Series (second annual event features samples from several local breweries).
• Friday, Aug. 29: 7:15 p.m., First Responders Night (bring an unwrapped toy for the Forgotten Child Fund and get a general-admission ticket for $3); Harry Potter Night (wizards and witches on-site; costumes encouraged); fireworks.
• Saturday, Aug. 30: 7:15 p.m., Nashville Predators Night (learn more about this National Hockey League team); Strike Out Stroke (stroke survivors and medical specialists on hand); entertainment by the Zooperstars.
• Sunday, Aug. 31: 6:15 p.m., Fan Appreciation Night (the Lookouts say thanks); SunTrust Sunday (trade donations of canned goods for free general-admission tickets); fireworks.
• Monday, Sept. 1: 2:15 p.m., Kids Eat Free (voucher for hot dog and drink for children 12 and younger).
It’s time to say goodbye to the boys of summer. The Chattanooga Lookouts will play their last home series today through Labor Day, Aug. 28-Sept. 1, against the Tennessee Smokies.
Promotions include First Responder Night on Friday, when fans will see an air medical landing by Erlanger’s Life Force helicopter at the ballpark, weather and medical flights permitting. Emergency medical service personnel and other rescue and medical agencies will be recognized during the game.
For Sunday’s game, Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga is selling tickets as a fundraiser. Tickets are $5, and $2 from each sale will go to the organization, the city’s only homeless service provider for families. Tickets may be purchased between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekdays at the Family Promise Day Center, 1184 Baldwin St. Cash, check or credit card is accepted.
Family Promise is also taking bids on its Facebook page for the opportunity to throw out the first pitch. The national anthem will be performed by the youth group from one of its partner churches. For more information, call Family Promise at 423-756-3891.
All games take place, weather permitting, at AT&T Field, 201 Power Alley. General-admission tickets are $5, with $2 discounts for seniors and students. Box seats are $6 and $9.
For more information, call 423-267-4849 or visit www.lookouts.com.