Events and Seminars
• QuickBooks Setup from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Presenter: Lynn Talbott, PHR, HR Business Solutions LLC. This step-by-step workshop walks attendees through the process of setting up business finances in QuickBooks. The class includes instructions for setting up preferences, chart of accounts and other files. The workshop costs $110 and is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• North Chattanooga Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. First topic of a three-part series "How to Grow your Business: How to Grow Your Business through Marketing." Panelists include: Jed Mescon, WRCB-TV; Chuck Wilkins, market manager, Cumulus of Chattanooga; Ed Bourn, digital sales director, Chattanooga Times Free Press. Meeting costs $10.
• ConnectForLunch from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at participating local restaurants. ConnectForLunch is a Chattanooga Chamber program bringing professionals together for face-to-face lunch meetings with two or three different members. This setting allows participants to make meaningful connections that can lead to new and stronger business relationships. Visit www.connect4lunch.com/chattanoogachamber to register.
• QuickBooks Beginners from 1 to 5 p.m., Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This class is designed for those who have had at least two months of QuickBooks experience and already have their files set up. Topics may include setting up and editing chart of accounts, vendors, customers, employees, loans, credit cards, fixed assets, bank accounts, reviewing P&L balance sheets, invoicing, statements, and tips and shortcuts. This workshop costs $110 and is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• CO. STARTERS from 6 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, at the Urban League of Chattanooga, 730 E. M.L. King Blvd. This nine-week program helps both aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs examine their assumptions and turn business ideas into action. Each week attendees will explore concepts that will help determine the right type of business and how to succeed as a new business. There will be two class sessions per week beginning Feb. 4. Class one: Tuesday's from 6 to 9 p.m; class two: Saturday's from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $100 for nine weeks of instruction and course materials. Please contact Keesha Marshall at 423-756-1762 or email@example.com for more information and to register.
• AM Networking at Northwest Georgia Bank from 8 to 9 a.m., Wednesday at Northwest Georgia Bank, 319 Manufacturers Road. Held the first Wednesday of every month, AM Networking brings an average of more than 60 area businesspeople together for an hour of networking and refreshments. For more information, please contact Whitney Risley at 423-763-4375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this service is free to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Downtown Council Meeting from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the Sheraton Read House Hotel, 827 Broad St. Speaker: Ron Harris, BCBST. Topic: Diversity in the Workplace. Meeting costs $15.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Southside Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at South Chattanooga Recreation Center, 1151 W. 40th St. Rob Robinson of Baylor School will speak on the Establishment of Baylor, McCallie & GPS. Meeting costs $10.
• Financing your Business the SBA Way from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop covers SBA loan options including which loan programs meet specific entrepreneurial needs. The session begins with the five C's of credit -- character, cash flow, collateral, capitalization and conditions. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Chattanooga Real Estate Investors Association Monthly Meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. On Jan. 10 another part of the Dodd-Frank law was enacted, and experts from the mortgage field will attend to teach us how it will impact our business. Networking begins at 6 p.m., with dinner program beginning at 6:30 p.m. Cost for members is $15; for non-members, $25 at the door. For more information, visit www.chattanoogareia.com.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress
related articles »
• QuickBooks - Setup This $95 course is available from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the INCubator: 100 Cherokee ...
* Hixson Council Community Coffee, 8 a.m. Tuesday, at the Country Inn & Suites, 5000 New Country Drive. The event ...
* Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott of PHR, HR ...
Basic QuickBooks Workshop from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This ...