published Monday, February 3rd, 2014

Fire damages home Sunday on 26th Street

Fire
Get directions:  To here - From here

A residence at 2810 26th St. sustained about $5,000 in damage from a fire Sunday morning that occurred in the kitchen.

The fire began when food cooking on a stove was left unattended.

Three adults and three children who occupied the home exited immediately once the fire was discovered. They then called 911.

Two Chattanooga police officers who were nearby arrived at the scene and worked to put out the fire with portable fire extinguishers in their patrol car. They soon saw, however, the fire was making its way up the wall behind the stove and Chattanooga Firefighters who soon arrived on the scene contained the fire to the kitchen.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.