A residence at 2810 26th St. sustained about $5,000 in damage from a fire Sunday morning that occurred in the kitchen.
The fire began when food cooking on a stove was left unattended.
Three adults and three children who occupied the home exited immediately once the fire was discovered. They then called 911.
Two Chattanooga police officers who were nearby arrived at the scene and worked to put out the fire with portable fire extinguishers in their patrol car. They soon saw, however, the fire was making its way up the wall behind the stove and Chattanooga Firefighters who soon arrived on the scene contained the fire to the kitchen.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
A Christmas Eve kitchen fire did around $5,000 in damage to a house at 6300 Hansley Drive, in the Washington ...
A man was taken to a local hospital today after a fire in his kitchen led to his sustaining first-degree ...
The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department extinguished a fire this morning at 1031 Old Mill Lane.
Firefighters are crediting a Chattanooga man with saving the life of a pregnant woman when fire broke out in her ...