published Thursday, February 6th, 2014

Suspected Molotov cocktail found in area where Georgia Tech student severely burned

ATLANTA — Police say a suspected Molotov cocktail and several plastic bottles filled with gasoline and kerosene were found at the scene of a fire that severely burned a Georgia Tech graduate student.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and local police are investigating the Tuesday afternoon blaze inside an apartment in midtown Atlanta.

The student, Saamer Akhshabi, was in Grady Memorial Hospital with third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body, police told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Firefighters were called to the apartment on 10th Street around 4:15 p.m. Tuesday and found the student with severe burns to his hands, arms and chest.

Georgia Institute of Technology officials said the school is working with law enforcement officials in the investigation and providing assistance to the student, his family and his classmates.

about Associated Press...

The Associated Press

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.