Events and Seminars
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Presenter: Lynn Talbott, Business Solutions, LLC. This seminar will review the top 10 bookkeeping mistakes small business owners should avoid and practical solutions for them, as well as ideas for office efficiency. Topics will include employing family members, reading financial statements, keeping receipts, expensing meals and setting up QuickBooks to capture appropriate information for business owners and accountants. A QuickBooks Q&A session will be held at the end of the class. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 to register in advance or for more information.
• Hixson Council Community Coffee from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Country Inn & Suites, 5000 New Country Drive. This event is free.
• Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Spring Hill Suites by Marriott Chattanooga, 495 Riverfront Parkway. Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Contact Brenda Harrison to register in advance at 423-763-4320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ribbon Cutting for Allied Pediatrics, PLLC, at 3 p.m. Tuesday at Allied Pediatrics, PLLC, 7405 Shallowford Road, Ste. 270.
• Member Orientation On-the-Go: North Hamilton County from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Budweiser Chattanooga, 200 Shearer St. Learn more about how the Chamber. Light refreshments provided. Please RSVP by Monday to Amanda Miller at email@example.com to participate.
• Social Media: Profile Setup from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Presenter: Ronda Van Billard. This interactive seminar will answer specific questions about social media profiles, covering topics such as adjusting privacy settings and linking different social media accounts. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 to register or for more information.
• Mid-Town Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Brainerd Golf Course, 5203 Old Mission Road. Meeting costs $10.
• ConnectForLunch from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at participating local restaurants. ConnectForLunch is a Chattanooga Chamber program bringing professionals together for face-to-face lunch meetings with two or three different members. This setting allows participants to make meaningful connections that can lead to new and stronger business relationships. Visit www.connect4lunch.com/chattanoogachamber to register.
• Ribbon Cutting for Infinity Monuments, LLC, from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at Infinity Monuments, LLC, 7239 East Brainerd Road.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• YPAC After Hours from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.Thursday at Society of Work, 701 Market St. The Young Professionals Association of Chattanooga (YPAC) After Hours event brings young professionals together for a casual evening of networking on the second Thursday of each month. YPAC's February After Hours will be held at Society of Work. Both members and non-members are invited to come see this great new space. Hors d'oeuvres will be provided. Beer and wine will be available for a $5 cover at the door. For more information, please visit http://ypac.memberclicks.net/.
• Reality Check - East Hamilton High School from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Friday at East Hamilton High School, 2015 Ooltewah-Ringgold Road. Reality Check teaches 9th graders about budgeting and emphasizes the connection between education and income by allowing students to role-play as heads of household while providing for their families on a set budget. Community volunteers are needed to assist with this event. To volunteer for this Chattanooga Chamber career readiness program, please contact Cathy Humble at 423-763-4321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Small Business Administration Loan Seminar from 9 a.m. to 11:10 a.m. Friday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offers government guaranteed loans through lenders that are committed to helping small businesses succeed in Tennessee. Guest speakers include Sue Malone of Superior Financial Group and Mary Elizabeth Hoehn of Pathway Lending, a Nashville based SBA micro lender. Both representatives specialize in small dollar loans, enabling existing and start-up businesses to acquire working capital through the SBA guaranteed loan product. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress
related articles »
• Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga at Hamilton Place: 2232 Center ...
• East Brainerd Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. ...
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping, from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at the Incubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd.
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 to 2 p.m., Monday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott of HR Business ...