• Project: Wendy's remodel.
• Owner: Springfield Investments LLC, Silver Creek, Ga.
• Location: 1140 Glenwood Ave., Dalton, Ga.
• Architect: P&C Design Build, Rome. Ga.
• Square footage: 3,200 square feet
• Contractor: Danco Builders, Calhoun, Ga.
• Cost for project: $1.2 million.
• Scope: New design, new kitchen layout. Store will be the first of its kind in the city of Dalton, according to Thomas Bradford, vice president of Springfield Investments.
The store will feature two fireplaces, a Wi-Fi bar and TVs. There will be a drink station with more than 100 beverage varieties. Wendy's corporate office may remodel up to 350 of its stores this year, Braford said. The remodels will feature more modern designs with a lot of windows and natural building materials. The Glenwood Avenue store will employ about 38 people.
• History: The Glenwood Avenue Wendy's has existed since about 1978, according to Bradford, and Springfield Investments has owned it for about 25 years.
• Future: Springfield Investments currently operates 17 Wendy's and plans to continue expanding its franchise and doing remodels on its existing locations. Currently, Bradford said, the company is looking at adding two stores within a 100-mile radius, maybe even in Chattanooga.
• Timeline: Glenwood Avenue remodel is slated to finish by Feb. 28
— Compiled by Alex Green, who can be reached at email@example.com or 423-757-6480.
Alex Green joined the Times Free Press staff full-time in January 2014 after completing the paper's six-month, general assignment reporter internship. Alex grew up in Dayton, Tenn., which is also where he studied journalism at Bryan College. He graduated from Rhea County High School in 2008. During college, Alex covered the city of Graysville and the town of Spring City for The Herald-News. As editor-in-chief of Bryan College's student news group, Triangle, Alex reported on ...