The Chattanooga Fire Department has reported its firefighters have been busy today responding to calls of busted water lines at businesses and apartment buildings.
For example, the department said it responded about noon today to Total Health Chiropractic at 529 N. Market St. where a water line had burst in the attic, leading to water damage and the partial collapse of a ceiling in several rooms. There were no injuries.
A news release said most of the incidents to which the department has been responded appear to be weather-related, caused by pipes freezing and then bursting as a result of a plunge in temperatures.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
The Chattanooga Fire Department has responded to numerous calls over the last few days for frozen pipes thawing and bursting ...
After more than 60 hours of below-freezing temperatures that bottomed out Tuesday at 5 degrees, today in Chattanooga is going ...
A 34-year-old man has been charged with arson in connection with a Sunday morning fire.
A Chattanooga family is homeless following an apartment fire started with a cigarette this afternoon.