IF YOU GO
* What: Fresh Beat Band in concert.
* When: 5 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 12; doors open at 4 p.m.
* Where: Memorial Auditorium, 399 McCallie Ave.
* Admission: $29 and $39 individual, $29 and $29.75 family four-pack (on sale online until 1 p.m. day of show); $139 for limited number of VIP tickets.
* Phone: 423-642-TIXS.
* Website: www.ChattanoogaOnStage.com.
The Fresh Beat Band, which began as a Nickelodeon series for preschoolers in 2009, will bring its stage-show spinoff to Memorial Auditorium on Sunday. The first tour by the quartet of musicians in the spring of 2012 created a buying frenzy and a series of sold-out engagements. “It was like trying to get Springsteen tickets,” a New Jersey mother informed The New York Times. That first 15-week tour was spawned from the Nick Jr. show “Fresh Beat Band,” a variation on “Glee” or “High School Musical” for viewers as young as 2.
In concert, the stars of the show — Kiki, Shout, Twist and Marina — perform hits from the first three seasons of the live-action series. Selections are meant to foster music appreciation and show kids ways to express feelings through movement, song and instrumental music. The concerts include synchronized dancing, giant video screens and blizzards of confetti.