* Barbara Golder: Twisted Pierogies (Suggested beer pairing: Left Hand Milk Stout).
* Jeff McBryar and Ben Grizzell: McGrizzell’s Twisted Meats (Suggested beer pairing: Chattanooga Brewery Winter Warmer).
* Garnet Chapin: Twisted Mangrove Snapper with Pineapple Salsa.
* Doris McDowell: Twisted Menage A Trois Tordu (Suggested beer pairing Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider).
* Doris McDowell: Twisted Reuben Cheesecake.
The finalists have been selected, and Tuesday, Jan. 14, these cooks will prepare their specialties for judging in the Shuptrine’s Twisted Recipe Competition. The cook-off is set for 5:30-8 p.m. at SturmHaus Beer Market, 1120 Houston St.
Contestants were charged with creating an original recipe using one of the Shuptrine’s Twisted Products, which include hot and mild relishes plus a salad dressing/marinade. The spicy-sweet products are made with fresh ingredients from centuries-old Appalachian recipes, according to a news release. They can be used to add a twist to any food: meats, salads, beans, dips or cornbread.
Although SturmHaus aficionados have already made a few suggestions for beer pairings, those attending also can add their input for a favorite brew to accompany the finalists’ recipes. The winner of the cook-off receives $250.
For more information, contact SturmHaus at 423-648-1120 or www.sturm-haus or Shuptrine’s Twisted Products at 423-266-4453 or shuptrines twistedproducts.com.