• Brainerd Baptist Church, 300 Brookfield Ave.; 6:15 p.m. Wednesday; introductory class for Financial Peace University, a nine-week course which offers the tools to gain control of your finances and prepare for financial success; 624-2606.
• Choices Pregnancy Resource Center, 6232 Vance Road; 1-4 p.m. Sunday; open house, with 2 p.m. service at adjacent National Memorial for the Unborn; free; 892-0803 or www.choicesPRCnow.org.
• St. Therese of Lisieux Catholic Church, 900 Clingan Ridge Drive NW, Cleveland, Tenn.; 10:35 a.m. Sunday; bilingual prayer for life and rosary for life, plus placement of crosses representing aborted babies, at church Memorial of the Unborn; 476-8123.
• Middle Cross Baptist Church, 4009 Norcross Road, Hixson; 6 p.m. Sunday; concert by Mercy's Gate Trio; 877-5742.
• Steven Jack Land, president of Pentecostal Theological Seminary in Cleveland, Tenn., since 2002, will move to the role of teacher, author and consultant after the 2014 General Assembly of the Church of God in Orlando, Fla., in July, when a new president will be appointed, according to a seminary news release.
• Memorial Hospital, 2525 DeSales Ave. (Community Rooms); 11 a.m. Monday; 22nd annual community Peace, Love and Unity Service commemorating Martin Luther King Jr., with Martin L.K. Lister, pastor of Orchard Park Seventh-day Adventist Church, as speaker, and The Cameron Family, Heaven's Blend and J. Anthony Taylor and Praise as musical guests; 495-2525.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...