published Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014

Chattanooga firefighters extinguish burning shed on South Beech Street

  • photo
    Chattanooga firefighters responded to a shed fire Wednesday at 1609 South Beech Street.
    Photo by WRCB-TV Channel 3 /Chattanooga Times Free Press.

Chattanooga firefighters were able to keep a shed fire from spreading Wednesday afternoon.

It happened around 3:00p.m. at 1609 South Beech Street. When firefighters arrived the outbuilding was completely engulfed in flames. Their quick action kept the home next door safe. Heat from the fire caused minor damage to the exterior of the house. No injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental. The homeowner told fire officials he had placed a light bulb in the shed to help keep his dogs warm. The official says it is the likely source for the fire.

View more at our news partner's website, wrcbtv.com.

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.