published Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014

Fire destroys home in Harrison area

Fire
Get directions:  To here - From here

A home in Harrison was destroyed by an early morning fire.

Authorities say homeowner Ken Smallen tried to extinguish the fire at his family's 6941 Short Tail house before calling 911.

Highway 58 VFD Deputy Chief Mark Hutchings reported the fire started by a wood burning stove.

Because the home was 200 feet off the street and up a very steep driveway, firefighters could not get gear up the driveway, according to a news release.

No injuries were reported. The Smallen family will be staying with family members.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.