Top business investments in Tennessee during 2013
• 1. Eastman Chemical Co., $1.6 billion in Kingsport, Tenn.
• 2. Hankook Tire Co., Ltd., $800 million in Clarksville, Tenn.
• 3. International Paper Co., $321 million in Memphis
• 4. Nike Inc., $276 million in Memphis
• 5. Alcoa Inc., $275 million in Alcoa, Tenn.
Source: Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development, Top Five Projects for Capital Investment, Oct. 1, 2012 through Oct 1, 2013
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...