Weston Wamp, a candidate in the August Republican primary for the 3rd Congressional District, named the first members of his campaign staff on Monday, according to a news release.
• Corky Coker, finance chairman. Coker, president and CEO of Coker Tire, has been active in local politics since the early 1980s. He will lead fundraising efforts, the news release stated.
• Marshall Brock, finance director. Brock started Clumpie's Ice Cream 14 years ago and more recently co-founded Chattanooga Football Club with other local businessmen. He is nephew of former U.S. Senator Bill Brock.
• D. Winchester, Southern campaign coordinator. Winchester is a native of Lookout Valley, a local conservative political activist and specialist in the Army Reserves, according to the news release. He will coordinate campaign activities in the district's lower five counties.
• Adria Landmesser, Northern campaign coordinator. A lifelong resident of Anderson and Roane counties, Landmesser, worked for U.S. Rep. Chuck Fleischmann. She will coordinate campaign activities in the district's upper six counties, the news release stated.
• Nick Macco, technology and media director. Macco is a co-founder of Southtree a Chattanooga-based digital preservation firm. He will support the candidate in new media, according to the news release.
• Rick Mincy, special projects. Mincy retired from the Chattanooga Police Department after 25 years of service. He will be involved in research, fundraising and building coalitions.
"I'm honored that people of this caliber have joined my campaign for Congress," Wamp said in the release.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: