Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- UKRAINE PARLIAMENT TO VOTE ON AMNESTY FOR ARRESTED PROTESTERS
A yes vote is unlikely to appease demonstrators, though, because they want President Yanukovych to resign and early elections declared.
- ON ALABAMA BEACHES, ICICLES HANG FROM PALM TREES
A winter storm that might be no big deal in the North all but paralyzes the Deep South, bringing snow, ice and teeth-chattering cold.
- AP ANALYSIS FINDS OBAMA'S AGENDA HAS GONE FROM BOLD TO BITE-SIZED
Nancy Benac agrees the president can bypass Congress and get some things done on his own, but says creativity is no substitute for clout.
- GOP RESPONSE TO OBAMA SPEECH TAKES HIGHLY PERSONAL APPROACH
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers focuses on her background and family as she offers vision of Republicans determined to empower Americans, not the government.
- FEDERAL RESERVE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE REDUCING STIMULUS
In the final meeting Bernanke will preside over as chairman, Fed may pare bond purchases another $10 billion, to $65 billion a month.
- AIR FORCE'S NUCLEAR LAUNCH CORPS FACES NEW STRAIN
The number of officers implicated in the cheating scandal doubles from the original 34, which means about 14 percent of all officers are sidelined.
- HOW CONVENIENCE STORES IN PHILLY ARE PROMOTING BETTER HEALTH
Corner groceries broaden their inventory of fresh produce, whole grains and low-fat dairy and use cooking demonstrations to teach residents nutritious food options.
- WHY U.S. SUPREME COURT BLOCKED EXECUTION OF MISSOURI MAN
Lawyer for Herbert Smulls says the state's refusal to disclose source of lethal-injection drug made it impossible to rule out suffering during execution.
- WHERE POLITICAL PROTESTS ARE BAD FOR BUSINESS
Months of turmoil in Bangkok have hurt tourist bookings and left business leaders worried that investors will move to neighboring countries.
- WHAT PEYTON MANNING SEES WHEN HE ENTERS BRONCOS' LOCKER ROOM
Teammates leave No. 18 jerseys for him to sign, perhaps thinking there won't be an opportunity after this year.