In the past five years, nearly $8 billion of new construction and expansion projects have been added or announced in Southeast Tennessee from the five major projects:
• 1. Watts Bar Nuclear Plant Unit 2 reactor near Spring City, Tenn., $4.2 billion
• 2. Wacker Chemical, polysilicon plant in Charleston, Tenn., $2 billion
• 3. Volkswagen assembly plant in the Enterprise South industrial park in Chattanooga, $1 billion
• 4. Volkswagen plant expansion for SUV line in Chattanooga, $600 million
• 5. Alstom Power expansion in Chattanooga, $280 million
Source: TVA, Wacker, VW and Alstom reports.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: