MANASSAS, Va. — Prosecutors say they won't use any photos of a 17-year-old's genitals in their effort to prove a sexting case against the teen.
The teen had previously been subject to a search warrant demanding photos of his erect penis.
The Washington Post reports that prosecutors moved ahead with plans to prosecute the teen during a closed hearing Tuesday in juvenile court. The teen's attorney, Jessica Harbeson Foster, says prosecutors told the judge that the photos were not necessary.
The teen left the state to evade a search warrant demanding photos of his erect penis. Authorities were trying to prove he sent similar pictures to his then-15-year-old girlfriend.
Facing severe criticism, police said last week they would no longer seek those photos. And at Tuesday's hearing, prosecutors said they would not use other photos of his genitals that had already been taken.