published Friday, July 18th, 2014

Flight MH17

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

120
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
ibshame said...

Putin says neither Russia or the Russian rebels in the Ukraine are responsible for this disaster. However, no doubt the RWNJ's will blame President Obama since he was on the phone with Putin when it happened. After all if it's bad then it has to be President Obama's fault.

July 18, 2014 at 12:38 a.m.
alprova said...

Aw crap ibshame, you got here first. I was going to post that it was President Obama's fault.

You know someone is going to offer that he failed to do something in Ukraine or was not stern enough with Putin, or it was just another failure of his foreign policy that led to someone shooting down a commercial airliner over a war zone, which begs the question being asked, "Why was that plane routed that way?"

July 18, 2014 at 1:01 a.m.
LumFan said...

Alprova, from the news that I follow, it seems that the plane was in a well used air corridor between Europe and Southeast Asia. As for the rest of this situation, it's only recently that air units have been targeted in that area (and I had not heard of this escalation until today).

Not sure who is in the wrong here, but I am not eager to get involved in Ukraine other than offering the assistance that we have been giving them currently.

July 18, 2014 at 1:43 a.m.
fairmon said...

Malaysia also had the infamous lost plane and now this. It may be wise to avoid flying out of Malaysia. It appears some Ukraine rebel couldn't tell the difference in a civilian and military plane.

It couldn't be Obama's fault and he had no choice about attending a fund raiser with the ultra wealthy on Wall street. He is always connected when on Air Fore 1 so no problem. Wait a minute, who is paying for a president's travel on Air Force 1 to raise funds for their party? Why shouldn't the party, regardless of which, not reimburse tax payers for the use. I bet not even the so called conservative republicans would support such a measure.

July 18, 2014 at 3:54 a.m.
wallyworld said...

“Putin Is The One Who Really Deserves That Nobel Peace Prize.” That is the headline of an op-ed on the Fox News web site by Fox’s military analyst K.T. McFarland (that’s Fox News, not the notoriously lie-riddled Fox Nation, as one might expect). Fox News is now taking the position that Vladimir Putin is a beacon of world harmony and togetherness, and deserving of recognition by a prestigious international organization. Remember, we are talking about the same Putin who has been the most reliable partner to hostile regimes around the world including Syria, Iran, Venezuela, Somalia, Ukraine, Cuba, Uzbekistan, etc. The same Putin who has reinstated some of the most draconian and repressive policies since the fall of the Soviet Union. That’s the Putin who Fox News thinks deserves a Nobel Peace prize.

July 18, 2014 at 5:50 a.m.
wallyworld said...

Yes, I thought it was a much better use of AirForce One when GWB left his big cake-eating, fund-raiser with John McCain on the West Coast and flew over the mass destruction that was left by Katrina. That was tax dollars well spent. Oh, but President Obama (twice elected ~ not installed by the black robes) is “not one of us” so he doesn’t deserve presidential treatment. You people are so disgustingly transparent in your vile and unfounded hatred, it makes me ashamed to call myself an American. Never forget about Katrina. History will not be kind to GWB for this. - Bush's nonchalant "fly-over," a.k.a doing the bare minimum he could do. - And worst of all, the complete and utter unwillingness to admit blame. It was truly mind-blowing. History should not be kind to GWB for Katrina alone. Truly one of the biggest US government mismanagements in history. Worse yet, it was totally avoidable had the Bush Administration showed even an ounce of caring. They did not. We are not 'in charge' of the world and can't force our will on other countries. What could President Obama have possibly done about events in Ukraine and Russia? Shock and Awe? I love the way these chicken hawks speak of war like it's some arcade game.

July 18, 2014 at 6:10 a.m.
fairmon said...

wallyworld said...

Yes, I thought it was a much better use of AirForce One when GWB left his big cake-eating, fund-raiser with John McCain on the West Coast and flew over the mass destruction that was left by Katrina. That was tax dollars well spent.

You apparently jumped to a conclusion due to an Obama sensitivity. Again, no president should be using tax payer funded resources to campaigning or fund raising. That is a huge advantage over any opposition.

I repeat, why shouldn't the party, regardless of which, not reimburse tax payers for the use. I bet not even the so called conservative republicans would support such a measure.

July 18, 2014 at 6:46 a.m.

Leave it to Intern loyalists to trip over one another rushing to defend their tepid Redeemer before any facts have been gathered. Predictably naive and hilarious. And leave it to Clay Bennett to shun geopolitical substance and portray this event as a simple example of someone’s insanity. Also predictably naïve and hilarious.

July 18, 2014 at 6:51 a.m.
fairmon said...

WW said... I love the way these chicken hawks speak of war like it's some arcade game.

I don't see anyone so far suggesting a war with Russia or anyone else. I am not sure we should even be doing what we are doing. We keep sticking our nose in other peoples business. I would say stop interfering with Israel, turn them lose provide resources, stop the U.S. money going to Palestine and they will quieten the middle east in pretty short order.

July 18, 2014 at 7 a.m.
fairmon said...

Dang alprova you are defending Obama before anyone says anything critical. I agree with you we are better off if he does nothing. I wouldn't mind if he also said nothing. Do you think Valerie Jarret will be a candidate in 2016?

July 18, 2014 at 7:08 a.m.
conservative said...

The U.N. (Useless Notion) will meet and blame Israel.

July 18, 2014 at 7:26 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

whats_wrong_with_the_world sez, "And leave it to Clay Bennett to shun geopolitical substance and portray this event as a simple example of someone’s insanity. Also predictably naïve and hilarious."

wwwtw, All war is insanity. Clay is "dead on."

Right now the talking heads' consensus is the rebels shot it down with a Russian SA missile thinking they were shooting at a Ukranian military plan. They have shot down a military plane at 22,000 feet, this plane was flying at 33,000 ft. so it seems plausible.

July 18, 2014 at 7:42 a.m.
timbo said...

You liberals idiotic, flippant, comments show just where the fault does lie. It is with Obama for being weak in the Ukraine and everywhere else in the world.

Putin knows that Obama is a coward and afraid of his shadow. Barry is an embarrassment that just keeps on giving. Barry is a weenie boy.

Trying to be funny only reveals that you liberals are starting to see just how destructive that imbecile really is.

July 18, 2014 at 7:43 a.m.
limric said...

Hmm. A 777 is shot down over the Ukraine yesterday morning. And amazingly we knew by that afternoon what kind of missile, what kind of mobile launcher and through 'unverifiable' telephone intercepts who hit the trigger. How is it possible (was the launcher in a town square for Christ's sake-I doubt it) to know so much so soon? Something smells.

July 18, 2014 at 7:56 a.m.
timbo said...

By the way, I guess Romney was right. Russia is our biggest geopolitical foe. It shows how stupid Barry really is for mocking him in the debate.

July 18, 2014 at 7:56 a.m.
ibshame said...

Romney lost and so did McCain before him. As for what happened yesterday, if it is proven the missile fired was from the Russian Army or Russian backed rebels then Putin just cut his nose off to spite his ugly a$$ face, because some of the passengers on board were from Britain, Germany and other tail-dragging countries that refused to impose the kind of sanctions against him that President Obama imposed the day before the plane was shot down. Maybe now the rest of them will get up off their a$$es and try to figure out how to stop Putin with harsher sanctions rather than portraying him as some kind of glorified peacekeeper. McCain and Graham need to STHU about President Obama, because he's the only one who "really looked into Putin's eyes and didn't see his soul" but instead saw the monster that he is and his determination to dominate the world.

July 18, 2014 at 8:15 a.m.
alprova said...

Timbo, you really need to get a grip on reality, and that goes for anyone else who believes that any President has the ability to flex one's muscles in any sovereign nation, other than right here in the United States.

From my vantage point, the weakest President on foreign matters was GWB. Why? Because the man simply rarely left the United States to meet with foreign leaders.

He hosted them here in the States.

President Obama has visited leaders that no American President has ever visited. President Obama says everything all the other Presidents have said, but people like you don't hear the man speaking.

The world changes. Leaders change. Circumstances change all the time. What may have worked in the past is not possible today.

The United States does not have the respect it once garnered due to the last two excursions in the Middle East. We are viewed as aggressors. Repairing and replacing that reputation is going to take time and a great deal of effort on the behalf of some sensible leaders like Barack Obama.

None of you have the first clue how Vladimir Putin views President Obama. You're imaginations run wild. You will come up with anything....ANYTHING...in your minds, to justify your hatred for the leader of this nation that you did not choose and do not respect.

The good thing is that your negative opinions will never be reflected in the history books. Your opinions do not reflect those of most people across this nation.

People like yourself are in a minority class all your own, and you stand to be very disappointed for years to come, for those you might like see rise to power, never will.

Never.

And that's a good thing.

July 18, 2014 at 8:19 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Many people across this nation would agree with Timbo. This President is detached, aloof, and unqualified. I question whether he even wants to be in office.

July 18, 2014 at 8:27 a.m.
ibshame said...

Limerick says amazingly we knew by afternoon kind of missile....etc. Considering the fact the CIA has probably been in the Ukraine for quite some time now, there's nothing really amazing about it. In fact, they had probably already alerted the President about what they suspected was about to happen, which is why President Obama imposed the harsher sanctions in an effort to get Putin to stop before it went that far. It would explain the recording of one of the rebels saying "we just f*cked up" It will eventually all come out but no doubt weak minded conspiracy theorists are already out there trying to come up with some sick a$$ way this was all some kind of plot by President Obama.

July 18, 2014 at 8:27 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

I don't hear anyone blaming Obama. How could he be blamed. He never does anything. He just reacts.

July 18, 2014 at 8:29 a.m.
ibshame said...

Jack Dennis there has NEVER been a more unqualified boob as President than George W. Bush. Part of President Obama's problem is the fact he had to clean up the messes Bush left behind.

July 18, 2014 at 8:33 a.m.
wallyworld said...

That chicken hawk, McCain, blasts "if we find that Russia is responsible for this, there'll be hell to pay". That doesn't even sound like a veiled threat from these war mongers. Republicans put out their opinions and dress them up like they're facts. And I guess it's just a mere coincidence that Republicans are now interested in how their tax money is spent, now that we have a Democratic president, and black to boot. I never heard this talk when Ronnie Reagan was doing his Iran Contra dealings ~ he's now considered a saint who gave complete amnesty to 3 million illegals - no big deal, huh? Or how about little By George flying back and forth to his so-called "ranch" so he could do the only thing he was qualified to do - clear brush!

July 18, 2014 at 8:40 a.m.
ibshame said...

There's never been anything to happen anywhere in the world that McCain and the rest of the chicken hawks have not used to want to start a war or invade some country.

July 18, 2014 at 8:44 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said.....

Repairing and replacing that reputation is going to take time and a great deal of effort on the behalf of some sensible leaders like Barack Obama....negative opinions will never be reflected in the history books.

Do you fantasize often? Perhaps a counselor could be of help. The damage will be revealed by history only after his death and ours. There is a reason for the sealing of records. The transparency promised in the campaign that has not occurred will not be there after leaving office either. His biggest failure is the selection of people to fill key positions. He keeps selecting from academia and career politicians to manage or actually mismanage but seeks funding from businesses. He has never held a job where he was accountable for financial results and it is evident in his current country club management style.

July 18, 2014 at 8:47 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

ibeshamed: You're right, shamed. I guess I overlooked the Redeemer's experience as a part-time law instructor and a community organizer. My bad.

July 18, 2014 at 8:48 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Which one is it, Timbo? One week, you Republicans have a man-crush on Putin (Fister especially) and the next he's a "geopolitical foe". The GOP seems bipolar these days. Maybe we can get into an ICBM shootout with the Ruskies and the right's hard-on for war can finally be satisfied.

July 18, 2014 at 8:53 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"He has never held a job where he was accountable for financial results and it is evident in his current country club management style."

Fairmon, with all due respect, what president has? W. bankrupted an oil company, yet was elected. Not sure if Clinton or GB Sr. held said "job", but I doubt it. Reagan was an actor, not much accountability there, except for personal. I don't think Carter, Ford, LBJ, or Nixon, either. Kennedy, No. Eisenhower, nope.

July 18, 2014 at 8:56 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"He is always connected when on Air Fore 1 so no problem. Wait a minute, who is paying for a president's travel on Air Force 1 to raise funds for their party?"

All presidents receive such a privilege. I can hear it now. If he had a coach ticket on Delta, you'd be complaining how he was effing up commuter travel and causing delays for other passengers. Would you rather he drive? They close entire interstates and highways when a president is on them.

July 18, 2014 at 9 a.m.
wallyworld said...

Yes, I thought GWB's pick for his vice-president was telling and Brown to head FEMA, that wonderful Don Rumsfeld, and on and on ~ excellent choices.

July 18, 2014 at 9:05 a.m.
fairmon said...

Ford did have business experience. Carter was a peanut farmer and a terrible president that selected good old GA. boys for critical positions. The advantage Kennedy, Reagan and Clinton had was recognizing the need for capable people with good credentials for key positions. All had more experience than this inept puppet including Eisenhower that had military organization and command experience. LBJ who was president by default set the stage for the current economic dilemma.

July 18, 2014 at 9:08 a.m.
Landgrabbr said...

I smelled it also, limric.

Beautiful beaches, (warm-water port)...lovely girls, (strategically located near the Middle East/Africa)...excellent vodka (access to Eastern Europe)...filled with historical significance (untapped mineral resources)...

A passenger jet gets shot down.

"You know, I just telling my mom the other day that real estate property there are an excellent value for the money!"

July 18, 2014 at 9:10 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

limiric sxez, "How is it possible (was the launcher in a town square for Christ's sake-I doubt it) to know so much so soon?"

It isn't just possible, it IS. If you talk via cell phone or internet someone knows what you say/see. If you are in an area of armed conflict involving a major ally or national interest, or probably right here in your own neighborhood, you know there is a very high resolution camera looking, probably over several wavelength bands. That "camera" might be in a satellite, drone or fixed.

Don't you like the way timbo, conman, TJD can be counted on to stay on (their own myopic, right wing) topic, no matter what the subject of the cartoon?

July 18, 2014 at 9:10 a.m.

Wally, bringing up Bush again in regards to fundraising doesn't make BO look good now. Apparently there's no situation that will take BO off the fundraising circuit. He comes across as detached and aloof. Bush isn't president now. Nobody cares about Bush's presidency now. Bush is ancient history as far as most people are concerned. They care about now. Continually bringing him doesn't make BO look any better.

BO comes across like a jackass. He'll only goes somehwere if along the way he can make speeches and rake in money for the DNC.

Something does stink about this, limric.

"sensible leaders like Barack Obama" Talk about delusional.

The man is bought and paid for. He's a rabid statist/fascist who only cares about pleasing his handlers/corporate pals and enriching himself. Of course he likes a good vacation as well.

I don't see what BO has to do with this situation. I do know that nothing can take his focus off of fundraising, not our borders being overrun, or a massive and potential international crisis like this. He'll focus like a laser beam when it comes to golf, rubbing elbows with Hollywood types or billionaires, and fundraising.

Other than that he doesn't give a crap. Mr. Detached.

July 18, 2014 at 9:10 a.m.
fairmon said...

GaussianInteger said...

"He is always connected when on Air Fore 1 so no problem. Wait a minute, who is paying for a president's travel on Air Force 1 to raise funds for their party?"

If you were not so Obama sensitive you would see I am talking about both parties using the tax payer funded resources for campaigning. It should at a minimum be shown as a campaign contribution if not refunded by the recipient of the funds. In some cases it probably cost more than the funds raised. That is something that could be in place after Obama leaves office but you will never see incumbents in either party address the issue.

July 18, 2014 at 9:15 a.m.
fairmon said...

My views on Obama doesn't mean I think GWB was a good president. Clinton and Reagan are the only two I would give a good grade in recent history. It is hard to say how Kennedy would have done. I would give Obama a D- at best and be glad when he graduates and is no longer involved.

July 18, 2014 at 9:20 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man, as usual, your opinions are your own. They reflect nothing close to being fact.

Regarding the office of the Presidency, I don't think there has ever been a man who walked into the Oval Office knowing what to do, nor has there been a man who has not made many mistakes.

You armchair critics of President Obama will not be supported by history writers, ever in the future.

By the time he leaves office in another two and a half years, this nation will likely be humming along quite well, despite everything the Republicans have tried to do to prevent that.

Nothing spectacular will happen this coming November, nor will there be any changes in power. And by the time November 2016 gets here, Republicans are not going to be able to buy any votes.

Faux News can keep running their faux polls which are encouraging morons who put any faith at all in that network, that the Republicans are going to win big this coming November, and all that is going to happen is that Karl Rove is headed for another big meltdown on the air, if they are stupid enough to put him on.

Nationwide, independent polls are far more accurate and representative of a larger slice of people and they all favor Democrats coming out on top this coming November.

Generic polling is predicting a similar outcome.

Republicans are turning people off.

Faux News does not have enough fans to begin to sway the election in favor of the Republicans, but they think they're on top today and they're only fooling a bunch of fools.

July 18, 2014 at 9:27 a.m.
Ki said...

Someone(S) '---trying to draw america into a conflict with Russia in that region.And american media hasn't been totally forthcoming when it comes to reporting the news without fear or favor. Such as the allege rise of nazism turning on ethnic Russians --- with reports ethnic Russians being attacked and burned alive by Ukrainian militia has been totally ignored.

Oh! --- and another revelation: The plane was said to have been flying in restricted air space and also flying at 32,000 feet when all aircraft had been ordered not to fly below 33,000 feet in that region. hmmmmm

July 18, 2014 at 9:27 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Stop me if you've heard this one before...... There's an international crisis happening and the president goes to a fundraiser..... -anonymous

July 18, 2014 at 9:30 a.m.

fairmon, good point. I think GWB blew it, and his second term was disaster in many ways. Clinton get's a C- from me. Reagan gets an A. Carter a D, and BO an F. LBJ an F. Nixon was ok, but gets an F for abusing his power. Kennedy was a conservative by you libs' standards.

Reagan addressed the nation when the Soviet Union shot down a Korean airliner. What did BO do with this? He gave it a few words, then went about telling jokes at a fundraiser. Jackass.

July 18, 2014 at 9:31 a.m.

The big question is why was this plane flying over a war torn country, over a war zone. That's what makes it fishy.

July 18, 2014 at 9:34 a.m.

Exactly, Jack..BO is no world leader. He can't pull himself away from making some bucks. What a buffoon.

July 18, 2014 at 9:43 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Economy was way better when Clinton left office as opposed to Reagan. Budget surplus, yet gets a "C-" and Reagan gets an "A"? With your hard stance on immigration, Fister, I am surprised you give Reagan a pass on his giving amnesty to millions of illegals. Actually, I'm not; you conservatives invented the Reagan you guys so admire.

July 18, 2014 at 9:46 a.m.
Ki said...

jaciebabeee and zablydoo just can't be satisfied. Either they accuse the president of speaking to soon as in the Benghazi tragedy, or not answering questions fast enough in this one. Why don't you two come out of the closet and put on your white robes, pointy lil. caps and go burn a few crosses at the white house? ;?

July 18, 2014 at 9:57 a.m.

I said before that Reagan giving amnesty to illegals was wrong. But, overall he was a great president. You libs bitch about poor BO inheriting a mess, Reagan inherited a far worse mess.

One thing is for sure, BO is THE worst president in the history of this country. He has no impact at as a world leader. This situation here is solid proof. Angela Merkel and, yes Putin, as rotten as he is, make BO look like a clown. BO chows down on a cheesburger and fries at a barbeque place, probably incurring the wrath of MO later, during a fundraising trip while our borders are being overrun, and now this.

BO is president now..not Bush, not Reagan, not Clinton. BO is not up to the job, he's just in it for the perks.

July 18, 2014 at 9:58 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

KI sez, "The plane was said to have been flying in restricted air space and also flying at 32,000 feet when all aircraft had been ordered not to fly below 33,000 feet in that region." and suggests there is some conspiracy afoot.

KI you and z-babble need to read the news. All reports show The plane was in a open, unrestricted flight lane (L980) flying at 33,000 ft. Flight lanes in adjacent Russia including the flight lane (A87) to be used by this flight were closed BY RUSSIA slightly before the attack. Even if it drifted to 32,000 ft so what? The missile, if it was the ruskie SA missile has a range to about 70,000 ft.The launcher that was used apparently was returned to Russia by Ukraine separatists a few hours later, strongly suggesting collusion on a attack gone bad, intended for a military target. I would be willing to think there is a satellite shot of it somewhere that will eventually surface.

b-y-w, I forgot to add z-fister to the list of folks who can't stop spouting their own agenda regardless of the subject of the cartoon.

And z-dabble, Bush the younger inherited an economy that a Democratic President had fixed and was running on all cylinders, running in the black, a budget surplus, the largest economic expansion in peace time, etc., look what he did to it. Reagan, your hero, was President in name only, he had Alzheimer's from the git go, Nancy Reagan was the shadow President, just like Cheney with b-t-y.

July 18, 2014 at 10:23 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

KI 9:57...what an irrational thing to say. not to mention stupid.

July 18, 2014 at 10:35 a.m.

inq, just typical lefty talking points. That's all. Predictable.

Yeah, Valerie Jarret and MO are co-shadow presidents inq. BO is just mailing it in. He's has his big feet up on the oval office desk and thinking about what he'll have for lunch. Probably something MO tells us we shouldn't eat. He doesn't even wear the pants in his family. MO probably has a mean left hook. LOL

BO's incompetence, corruption, arrogance and detachment are all there for the world to see. He's not hiding anything.

July 18, 2014 at 10:59 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Leties, wishing him to be good president does not make it so. he's almost laughable. biggest scam the American people ever perpetrated on itself. twice.

July 18, 2014 at 11:18 a.m.
timbo said...

alprova.... I know a weenie boy when I see one. Obama should change his name to Foghorn Leghorn. The other reason I know he is a chicken sh$t is his weak, naive, foreign policy. He is the type of guy you could go up and slap and he wouldn't do anything. Barry is also the guy that over-analyzing things in order to hide his cowardice.

As far as GW not going to other countries, they respected him enough to come here. Barry has to force them to see him.

On not respecting him, you damn right I don't. He is the most unqualified person to ever sit in that office. He is dishonest, vacillating, lying piece of crap. Just because he won a couple of elections because people thought is would be "novel" to have a black president doesn't make him smart.

The bottom line is that Romney was right and Barry was wrong. Barry has been wrong so many times it makes my head spin. What should we expect from a cowardly "community organizer?"

The history books on his election will read, ba, ha, ha, ha,...ba, ha, ha...what were those idiots who elected him thinking.

July 18, 2014 at 11:44 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Timbo, they were warned repeatedly. Most know they screwed the pooch. But lefties not too good at admitting mistakes.

July 18, 2014 at 11:47 a.m.
timbo said...

By the way, I hope you guys keep thinking he is the bomb. You will be easier to beat in 2014 and 2016.

July 18, 2014 at 11:47 a.m.

Ki, pull out your stupid race card all you want. You libs remind me of a common tactic used in soccer, at least at the world cup level, where a player flops to the ground after even the slightest bit of contact by an opposing player. They pretend to writhe in agony so they can get some sympathy from the referee and the crowd.

No wonder libs are pushing so hard to make soccer popular in this country like it is in the countries that are dumping their citizens over our border.

July 18, 2014 at 11:50 a.m.

Romney was right, timbo. BO is a pajama boy/spoiled brat/weenie/spineless metrosexual.

Jack, good pic of BO licking an ice cream cone. He's damn good at that, and eating cheeseburgers, french fries, and many other good things the rest of us aren't supposed to eat anymore.

He's just a tool for raising money and helping is billionaire lefty pals.

July 18, 2014 at 11:54 a.m.
alprova said...

There's no need to refute any of you. You'll find out the hard way that the Republicans are the ones who are way behind in the race.

I'm wondering if it's not all that pent-up frustration that causes you to take it all out on a man who will always be known as one of this nation's Presidents, when all of you are nobody's.

Collectively, you're not even pimples on the man's ass.

July 18, 2014 at 12:06 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

z-babble sez, "You're one too, nah, nah!"

July 18, 2014 at 12:11 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Right, deflect. Nothing else to do when you have no defense for this loser.

July 18, 2014 at 12:11 p.m.

Alprova, your demagogue has been exposed, and you can't stand it.

"nobody's" funny you should say that considering that's the exact view BO and MO have of the average US citizen.

Do you ever get tired of bending over for him?

July 18, 2014 at 12:21 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

The Organizer seems comfortable in front of an adoring audience giving a campaign/fundraiser speech. But not so much giving a Presidential speech during a crisis. totally out of his element

July 18, 2014 at 12:55 p.m.
ibshame said...

Z fister do you and your ilk ever get tired of exposing your inbred ignorance? President Obama is where you will never be except as a visitor to the White House. You and your ilk are always the ones playing the race card and when you get called on it you cry foul. You and your ilk are pathetic losers and it's because you are such sore a$$ losers that you have done more to divide this country with your racism veiled as legitimate criticism than anything President Obama has ever done or said

You sore losers criticize African Americans because they continue to support the Democrats but when they do go and vote in an OPEN Republican primary teabaggers like you, Timbo and others say they shouldn't be allowed to vote in those primaries even if they are open. So does that mean only Whites should be allowed to vote in open primaries? Even here at home Timbo gets pi$$ed off because Skillern lost his race so he says it would not have happened if the Dems had stayed away and not kicked Skillern out by casting votes for his opponent. It remains to be seen who he will blame should his sister, Thurman loses her write-in campaign.

You and your ilk are losers and you will continue to be losers until you realize what you have been selling, the Majority of the country is not buying because as low as President Obama's approval rating might be now, Repubs have an even lower approval rating because of the infiltration of their party by ignorant, racist, homophobic, anti-choice,teabaggers.

July 18, 2014 at 12:58 p.m.
ibshame said...

Poor Jack Dennis maybe you should turn to another channel to get your news, President Obama has already made several remarks in person from the White House concerning the Malaysian Flight as well as the conflict in the Gaza strip. What exactly do you and your ilk think he should be doing, threatening Putin with an invasion of U.S. forces, would that satisfy your kind? At least he knows where those places are on the map, that could not even be said of GWB. Rice had to constantly school him on geography just so he had some inkling of where countries were on the map.

July 18, 2014 at 1:09 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

IBshamed, no, not advocating invasion. What I do advocate is this president acting presidential. For starters he could lose the quips about impeachment. For another he could call out Putin for the thug that he is. For another he could announce that the Putin led Rooskis are a direct threat to Europe and the US. Call them out for the adversary that they are. For another he could beef up our presence in Poland. Lots he could do in between fund raisers.

July 18, 2014 at 1:15 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Sometimes, Ibshamed, you sound like a little kid. Pull your head out of that dark, moist spot.

July 18, 2014 at 1:17 p.m.
timbo said...

ibshame.....Did you hear him awhile ago...afraid to say anything bad about Russia..pathetic. It is pretty bad when your female ambassador to the UN has more balls than you do.

Oh, that's right, Michelle has the balls in that family.

July 18, 2014 at 1:20 p.m.
ibshame said...

Timbo hopes President Obama's supporters will make it easier for Repubs to win in 2014 and 2016. LOL Teabaggers have already made it easier to defeat Repubs because as low as President Obama's approval might be Repubs approval ratings are evn lower except in the Welfare States of the South. Repubs are on the path of irrelevance thanks to the teabaggers and they know it. That's why Rove and the rest of the establishment Repubs are working overtime to rid themselves of teabaggers candidates. LOL

July 18, 2014 at 1:23 p.m.
timbo said...

ibshame....The problem with you libs is that if you look at the Republican approval ratings, you have people like me who don't approve of them for vastly different reasons than you.

If I was asked that question I would say I don't approve because the Republicans are too far to the left. Tea Party types are a big part of the people who disapprove and we are conservative as hell.

The only thing the Republicans have going for them is that they are only slightly less evil than the democrats. We conservatives have to vote for them this time to make sure Barry can do nothing for 2 years...then we will sort it out.

Your right, the stupid Repub establishment hates the tea party more than you do but only in a primary. They can't get elected dog catcher without us. We stayed home because of a liberal Romney and they can't afford us to do that again.

July 18, 2014 at 1:33 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Ibeshamed, you guys are the ones obsessing on the Tea Party, Fox News, talk radio, etc.

July 18, 2014 at 1:37 p.m.
ibshame said...

You teabaggers seem to forget the last time the U.S. did a UNILATERAL invasion of a country we lost over 4000 U.S. soldiers and thousands more maimed for life. How many dead bodies will satisfy the like of armchair generals like your selves. President Obama is using ECONOMIC sanctions against Putin to get his(Putin's)own people to pressure him to back off any threats of invading Poland or any other country at this point. Right now the ball is in the court of the Brits and Germans since up until now they have allowed Putin free range because of their dependence on trade with him(in particular, natural gas). Now they will have to do something since some of those passengers were Brits and Germans. To not do something would not sit well with their people. At least President Obama had been willing to attempt sanctions without their assistance.

I get so sick and tired of WEAKLINGS who think a COWBOY, we're the bad a$$es on the block attitude is the way to go every time something happens somewhere in the world They want to be the bullies while others go off to die for their egos. Nothing like a Lard a$$ talk show host (who never even put on a boy scout uniform) sitting around willing to send others to their deaths because he wants to be a bada$$. Or some small time radio host who has no clue about world events but thinks he has a better handle on things because he listens to the lard a$$ talk radio host with the bigger audience of losers.

What the people like your selves forget is the MAJORITY of the people in this country are war weary and not willing to do anything that will allow for our troops to be sent anywhere else in the world to get involved in anyone else's fight. What happened yesterday is a tragedy of the first magnitude but it does not call for any saber rattling by the President or anyone else for that matter. There are many more options on the table but invasion and threats are not on the table. Some of you should contact your local cable company about getting the military channel on your t.v's then you can watch all the war you want from the comfort of your home. At the very least you will know how those turned out.

July 18, 2014 at 1:43 p.m.
timbo said...

ibshame....Nobody said invade...but how about a cross word maybe?

You other cowards that make fun of people with balls make me sick. Sometimes it is right and appropriate to pop somebody.

Obama's so-called "sanctions" are a joke. If you don't confront a bully then he is just encouraged. We are dealing with a thug in Putin and all thugs understand is strength.

Yea, the Europeans are wimps...and the only weaklings around here are Barry and the rest of you pinkos.

July 18, 2014 at 1:51 p.m.
limric said...

Supposition everywhere. The inability of some to stay on subject. Misplaced blame (It’s somehow Obama’s fault) and some extraordinarily childish commentary.

Points to ponder:

  1. This was a passenger plane flying over territory despite the fact it is known that pro-Russian rebels had pretty advanced SAM missiles, knew how to use them. And have.

  2. In just the past week or so, rebel (whatever that means to whom) SAM’s have struck at least three Ukrainian air force planes in the region — two Su-25’s, and an An-26.

  3. Almost immediately after the plane was downed, all worldwide media outlets knew conclusively the type of missile, what type of mobile launcher and who did it. How were they all informed so rapidly? And by whom?

  4. There is no (at least not as of this writing) any hard corroborating evidence to support the authenticity of voice intercepts.

And lest us forget:

In 2001, Ukraine’s military accidentally shot down a Russian passenger airliner flying over the Black Sea from Tel Aviv to Novorossisk, killing 78 people onboard. After over a week of denials, Ukraine finally admitted responsibility.

In 1988, the US Vincennes (A Ticonderoga class cruiser) mistakenly shot down an Iranian passenger plane in the Persian Gulf, killing 290 passengers on board. The commanding officer in charge of the USS Vincennes not only wasn’t punished, but instead was awarded the Legion of Honor medal two years later by President George (ptui) Bush.

In 1983 a Russian Su-15 shot down a Korean 747; initially denied knowledge of the incident but later fessed up and admitted the shoot down, but claimed the aircraft was on a spy mission.

Like I said, this smells.

July 18, 2014 at 1:57 p.m.
ibshame said...

Timbo, No, you are the weakling. Tell you what once you get through with your campaign for Thurman, why don't you just hop on a plane go over there and join the Ukrainians in their fight against Putin? They would be happy to have so heroic a figure such as yourself then you can show them what a bada$$ you are, don't forget to take some other bada$$es with you like z fister and Jack Dennis.

July 18, 2014 at 2 p.m.
ibshame said...

Limerick you keep saying something smells so exactly what kind of conspiracy do you think has been cooked up here? And other than the fact it was immediately identified as a missile that hit the plane don't see why that is so suspicious.

July 18, 2014 at 2:05 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Alprova, your demagogue has been exposed, and you can't stand it."

Sir, I am not worried about it, because nothing you type will ever dislodge a hair on his head.

""nobody's" funny you should say that considering that's the exact view BO and MO have of the average US citizen."

I know I'm a nobody. Seems to me the way you carry on, you think you're a somebody and you are somehow equal to the President.

You're not and you never will be.

"Do you ever get tired of bending over for him?"

About as tired as you get of repetively posting the same thing every day of the week.

July 18, 2014 at 2:06 p.m.

ibshame, that's a stupid rant. LOL Our sanctions against Putin don't mean squat. He's shaking in his boots, I'm, sure. In case you missed it Putin is continually strengthening his ties with China, and other countries around the world. We're becoming increasingly irrelevant under BO.

The best way to intimidate Putin would be to do what Reagan did, which was build up the military and use our strength as a deterrent, not by chipping away at our military, make speeches at West Point about how our military will be used to fight global warming, and push for transgenders and women on our front lines. We're a joke. Putin knows we have Ivy League girls and anti-military people making military decisions under BO.

No conservative on this forum has suggested going to war with Russia. You libs are the ones who bringing that up. Who the hell suggests that we go to war with Russia unilaterally? The invasion of Iraq was not unilateral, no matter how many times you repeat that.

Oh, you're so sick of it aren't you? It must be your time of the month. I haven't heard Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Michael Savage or any other conservative talk show host say anything about going to war at all. In fact, the only talk of that comes from you libs who say conservatives want that.

You're ignorant. You just repeat the same old crappy talking points.

July 18, 2014 at 2:08 p.m.
timbo said...

ibshame...I am not talking about fighting for Ukranians, I am talking about countering a direct threat from Putin.

Would you be aggressive, except to me, for any reason?

July 18, 2014 at 2:11 p.m.
alprova said...

Timbo wrote: "...the stupid Repub establishment hates the tea party more than you do but only in a primary. They can't get elected dog catcher without us."

You're totally delusional. If you people were forced totally out of the Republican Party and if you were forced to run on your own merits, rather than hijacking the Republican Party, the Republicans would start winning elections and would start seeing a majority of the people behind them.

A simple fact of life is that ultra-right conservatives have a very small following. They will never, ever attain a power majority in this nation, and that's all there is to it.

"We stayed home because of a liberal Romney and they can't afford us to do that again."

Oh yeah they can. All people like you have done is screw up the Republican Party. If there was a stand alone Tea-Party, it would be pitiful how badly you people would sit on the sidelines.

Sooner or later the Republicans are going to kick you far-right wing nut jobs to the curb and that will be a glorious day!!

July 18, 2014 at 2:14 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Yeah, Zman, you wouldn't want to be guilty of posting the same thing, month after month.

July 18, 2014 at 2:15 p.m.
timbo said...

limeric....I know I am not a pseudo-intellectual like some of you libs, but Putin's aggression is directly connected to Barry's lack of resolve. It is Obama's fault...he doesn't have to attack but he should have been much tougher...sooner.

To say that is off the subject is bizarre. It is the subject and here is the question.

Why would Russia or it's surrogates think that they could get away with this?...because they know Obama and Europe will do nothing. So far, I am right.

July 18, 2014 at 2:15 p.m.
timbo said...

alprova...You just want to divide the Repubs and the conservatives to make sure you guys win. It won't happen this time. Obama is the great unifier...just not the way he thinks.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

July 18, 2014 at 2:24 p.m.
timbo said...

President Obama changed his slogan from "yes we can" to "yes we cave." Jay Leno

July 18, 2014 at 2:25 p.m.
ibshame said...

Timbo, aggression is called for when there has been a DIRECT attack on the U.S. and there is no doubt of where it came from or who was responsible. 911 is the perfect example. In a matter of hours it was known who was responsible and where they were hiding out, so what did COWBOY Bush and his bunch of low-life's decide to do? They started figuring out how they could use this to their advantage to attack Iraq, a country that had zilch to do with 911 and has been proven over and over despite the ignorant who still want to cling to the idea Saddam Hussein was connected to the attack. As a result of that AGGRESSIVE action(as you call it) over 4000 U.S. soldiers were killed and thousands more maimed for life and it was all for nothing but the sorry a$$ lies of Bush and his gutless chickenhawk cronies and their sheeple followers.

If you really want the TRUTH of the matter Bush's war is the cause of the so-called Great Recession which was really just another name for what it really was - a depression. See as much as you and your kind would like to blame President Obama for the state of the economy at the beginning of his first term , you don't get to do that anymore. He inherited a mountain of sh!t to clean up after Bush. It's taken him all of his first term and some of his second term but here is the good news: IT HAS IMPROVED and it was done without any assistance from Repubs whose only agenda has been to obstruct so since he couldn't do anything with them he has gone around them and it has paid off. He may have a low approval rating but at least it's higher than that of the teabaggers and Repubs.

July 18, 2014 at 2:37 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Z-babel sez, "The best way to intimidate Putin would be to do what Reagan did, which was build up the military and use our strength as a deterrent, "

Har! President Carter began the stealth program and let the secret "slip" to the USSR who then were forced into a profoundly expensive defense spending effort to keep up with us that broke their economy (and almost broke ours) and caused to the collapse of the USSR. All Nancy did was create the Iran-contra affair and smile.

So thank the right President, it seems it always takes a Democrat to fix the mess the Reds leave behind.

I'm sure a bunch of soldiers lying around doing pushups in a strong military is going to intimidate Putin. Maybe Putin is trying the same play President Carter used, forcing us into massive military spending.

President Obama gave a good explanation in his news conference, and plainly and directly laid the blame clearly where it lies.

I don't know where this mess is going and neither does anyone else, but it is pretty messy and it would be easy for another "mistake" to create a bigger crisis. Do you remember how WWI started?

And then babeling on Z-dix sez, "The invasion of Iraq was not unilateral, no matter how many times you repeat that." Z-dix surely lives in an alternate universe. Maybe he is thinking about Bush the Elder, I don't know. Gen. Curtis LeMay? Dr. Strangelove?? Sen. Barry Goldwater??? Slim Pickens????Uncle Carson?????

July 18, 2014 at 2:39 p.m.
ibshame said...

Z fister everything you post only highlights your inbred ignorance of everything around you. Again, you are like the circus chimp, you've only been taught one phrase: Blame Obama.

July 18, 2014 at 2:41 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Ibshame. And you, it's protect Obama regardless. Yes?

July 18, 2014 at 2:47 p.m.
alprova said...

Timbo wrote: "alprova...You just want to divide the Repubs and the conservatives to make sure you guys win."

Actually, I could not care less what the Republicans of any description do. The Democrats are going to come out on top this November, without a doubt.

"It won't happen this time. Obama is the great unifier...just not the way he thinks."

Like I stated earlier...you are quite delusional. Obama is receiving lots of requests to raise cash and the Democrats are killing the Republicans in comparative donations.

"Where do you come up with this stuff?"

From reliable sources, which some of you never seem to care to seek.

July 18, 2014 at 3:11 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney is already cashing in on his time with the Obama administration just weeks after he quit the podium, Politico reported. The 49-year-old spin doctor received a signing bonus to join the Washington Speakers Bureau, which could result in payments of up to $100,000 per speech. all he needs are some tanks in the background

!

July 18, 2014 at 3:14 p.m.
ibshame said...

No, Jack Dennis I have said before the one thing I hold against President Obama is the fact he never went after Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rice, Rumsfeld and all the rest even Powell who told lies that started a war with a country that had zilch to do with 911 and resulted in the deaths of all those U.S. soldiers and Iraqi civilians. A war that basically laid the foundation for the clusterf*ck that is the Middle East today.

You see while President Obama thought he was unifying the country the neo-cons only slithered under the rocks until they thought it was safe to come out again, then along came those ignorant, racist, homophobic teabaggers and the establishment Repubs thought they could use them to their advantage to win back the White House. They succeeded in winning at least one house of Congress in 2010 . That enabled them to gerrymander districts to keep the House. However, the Senate was not so easy to capture. Once the American people realized how crazy teabaggers really were and how they were willing to shut down the government , the Repubs had no more use for them

I believe had President Obama gone after the people who started the war in Iraq which damn near destroyed this country, He would have been much better off. While McConnell and the rest of those low-life's were plotting to make him a one-term President, he should have been bringing the perpetrators of the Iraq war to justice. He thought he was healing the country but they were only interested in keeping it divided by any means necessary.

President Obama believed in forgiveness, but I think he should have vindicated those soldiers who lost their lives because of the lies of Bush, Cheney and all the rest of the Neo Cons who started an ill-fated war. President Obama gets no protection from me for that mistake.

July 18, 2014 at 3:16 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Al, Since these Red guys always want to talk elections:

A good article in the NYT today notes that African-American southern voters will likely determine the outcome of senate races in GA, LA, NC, perhaps Ark, and probably ensure continued control of the Senate, mostly because a good percentage of the old white guys who used to be Democratic and turned Red after the Civil Rights Act was passed. With only maybe 30% of white voters going Blue since African American voters represent about 50% of the Democratic electorate, they swing the election.

The vote in MS pretty much validates the point.

As I said, the world is changing for the Reds and they are not going to be happy.

July 18, 2014 at 3:19 p.m.
limric said...

Ibshame,

Conspiracy? I don’t know and I’m not going to speculate. I just think it amazing that, ”Almost immediately after the plane was downed, all worldwide media outlets knew conclusively the type of missile, what type of mobile launcher and who did it. How were they all informed so rapidly? And by whom?”

Timbo,

It’s not Obama’s fault for gods sake. Quote: ”So far, I am right.” So far you’re an uniformed blowhard.

July 18, 2014 at 3:22 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"The best way to intimidate Putin would be to do what Reagan did, which was build up the military and use our strength as a deterrent, not by chipping away at our military"

BS. Reagan entered plenty of arms treaties with the Soviet Union. Their economy crushed the USSR, not "Reagan intimidation". And if Reagan was so "intimidating", why did he feel the need to waste billions on SDI? Again, more Reagan inventions by conservatives.

July 18, 2014 at 3:34 p.m.

inq, you're an idiot. Your "constantly" referring to change as if America hasn't been constantly changing for a long, long time. You write as if the conservatives on here belong to the KKK. What's happening on our border is not change, it's an orchestrated thing by BO, and his billionaire buddies. BO is a fraud and is a tool. You're delusional if you think BO is something special, even at this point. He's a fraud and all you drones talk about is how big his heart is. You've been bamboozled.

Ibshame, go after Hillary Clinton and John Kerry as well, they voted to go to war. Your constant mantra that pretty much says that BO and Dems are as pure as the wind driven snow is laughable.

July 18, 2014 at 3:38 p.m.
ibshame said...

limric, no way of knowing anything yet, but not for one minute do I believe the CIA was not involved in some kind of way with the information provided to the U.S. I also believe they had alerted President Obama to the fact the Russian Army along with the separatists were planning some type of attack. I believe it was the reason President Obama announced tougher sanctions against Putin the day before the attack to get him to intervene to stop whatever the separatists had been planning to do but Putin wasn't able to stop it. So, instead of hitting a military target they accidentally hit a civilian target and now Putin has stepped in the dogsh!t. Regardless of what happened, Putin is ultimately responsible because it was a Russian missile that hit the plane.

I don't believe the Ukrainians launched the missile to get the U,S, involved because they don't have the capability for such weaponry. Putin screwd the pooch on this one. As far as how the U.S. got the info so fast, I would say the CIA knew something was going to happen but didn't know it would be an attack on a passenger plane.

July 18, 2014 at 3:43 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"We stayed home because of a liberal Romney and they can't afford us to do that again."

Is that honestly what you think? A Tea Party candidate will not win a presidential election. There's only a few states in play in a presidential election. TN is not one of them.

And I would be willing to bet that "you didn't stay home" in 2012.

July 18, 2014 at 3:46 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"What's happening on our border is not change, it's an orchestrated thing by BO"

How long are you going to keep posting this ignorance? You have been proven wrong on this countless times, yet you keep spouting this nonsense. It shows that you don't have a clue.

July 18, 2014 at 3:48 p.m.

Sorry, Gauss, BO is president now. Going after past presidents because of your leftist agenda doesn't make this squatter in the WH look any better. It doesn't matter a hill of beans to voters in the mid-t terms what Reagan did or didn't do..or Bush for that matter.

Nobody will vote going foward based on what Reagan did, what Bush did, what Bill Clinton did, etc.

People will vote based on how they're doing and what the mood in the country is like. The mood is crappy. BO jamming illegal aliens invaders down our throats does not sit well with millions of US citizens who are struggling. This is a bad, bad time to do what BO is doing on our borders. You're delusional, inq, if you think people's disgust with what's happening on our borders is because they can't accept change. That's a just a stupid talking point you keep bringing up.

You're a "red", as in commie. You libs try and control the dialogue with the red /blue thing. Make no mistake about it you're "reds"

July 18, 2014 at 3:48 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "You write as if the conservatives on here belong to the KKK."

If it were politically correct to be a member of such a club, I have no doubt that there are several people here who would be charter members.

July 18, 2014 at 3:49 p.m.
ibshame said...

Z fister Kerry and Hillary already paid the price for I'll-advisedly voting to go to war when Kerry was rejected by the voters in 2004 and Hillary was rejected by the Dems in 2008. Both have since admitted they made a huge mistake. See that's the thing the American people will forgive, when one admits they made a mistake. It's why Jeb Bush will NEVER have a chance until his brother admits he f*cked up in a major way when he started an UNPROVOKED war.

July 18, 2014 at 3:52 p.m.

Alprova, you're a moron, and a phony.

July 18, 2014 at 3:53 p.m.
alprova said...

Republicans have absolutely nothing at all they can cite as a reason to vote for them.

Democrats have lots they can and will bring to the table.

President Obama is wisking himself across the country, raising lots of cash for Democrats.

It's going to be a disappointing November for Republicans and their cheerleaders.

July 18, 2014 at 3:56 p.m.
Ki said...

inqiiringmind, you rely on american media, while I'm into more international and worldly news and sources. The point is, there was an immediate attempt to blame this all in Russia. Theyve backed away from that nice, and are saying there's a possibility the plane coulkd have been shot down accidently by either side, mistaking it for either a war plane or a spy plane-.-or not by either side. It was first national media who rushed to spread misleading and possible false information. Don't blame me or anyone for presenting having a different view of the situation.

July 18, 2014 at 3:57 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Alprova, you're a moron, and a phony."

Call me what you will, but the fact remains that my predictions and projections usually pan out quite well.

How 'bout yours?

Ignoramous...

July 18, 2014 at 3:58 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

2 patently bogus statements" Ibeshame, "then along came those ignorant, racist, homophobic teabaggers and the establishment Repubs thought they could use them to their advantage to win back the White House." Alprova.. "If it were politically correct to be a member of such a club, I have no doubt that there are several people here who would be charter members." Both BS and way over the top

July 18, 2014 at 4:14 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

I miss Willard... he was called delusional when he called Russia a threat. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs2ju6JCUAAiEin.jpg

July 18, 2014 at 4:26 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

By the time he leaves office in another two and a half years, this nation will likely be humming along quite well, despite everything the Republicans have tried to do to prevent that.

Print and post that statement. I hope you are right but seriously doubt it. I have ask what meaningful thing has he wanted to do that he has not been able to because of the republicans? I am thinking you may be a heavy drinker of the spirits, for medicinal purposes of course.

July 18, 2014 at 4:35 p.m.
alprova said...

Maybe Willard will run in 2016 and get whipped again.

He might beat Rick Perry but that's about the only man he might poll better than...

July 18, 2014 at 4:36 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Who said anything about him running? Doubt he wants another run against the MSM.

July 18, 2014 at 4:47 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairon wrote: "Print and post that statement."

By all means. I don't make statements I am not serious about when I offer them.

"I hope you are right but seriously doubt it."

Why would you doubt it? Look around the nation today and compare it to where we were in January 2009. I see a world of difference and so do most economists.

Quit listening to the naysayers. Get out a look around. People are spending money again. People do have jobs again. Banks are lending money again and they WANT your business.

"I have ask what meaningful thing has he wanted to do that he has not been able to because of the republicans?"

Immigration reform is probably the biggest thing. There was a popular jobs bill that has been held up in the House for two years.

"I am thinking you may be a heavy drinker of the spirits, for medicinal purposes of course."

That Sir, is one thing I have never, ever touched. I do not drink alcohol.

July 18, 2014 at 4:48 p.m.
limric said...

Like I said ibshame, I’m not willing to speculate; nor do I think it correct for anyone to blithely pronounce: ”Putin is ultimately responsible because it was a Russian missile that hit the plane.” If that were the case, the USA should be held ‘ultimately responsible’ (and rightly so) for a multitude of massacres around the globe.

This is not to give the Russians a pass, it’s just that there were just too may ‘facts’ – to soon.

July 18, 2014 at 4:49 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

I feel calm now that Josh Earnest says the world is more tranquil under Obama. Yeah, buddy.

July 18, 2014 at 4:53 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

No, KI, My point is 32,000 or 33,000 ft is irrelevant for a missile with a 72,000 ft range, and the flight lane was open but suspiciously closed on the Russian side a few hours before the shoot down. Bad judgment on the part of the airline? Perhaps but it does not change the circumstances.

What President Obama related is consistent with what is reported in the news. You overlook the early tweets on-line where the separatists claimed they shot down a plane that for some reason were taken down. hmmm. Oops it was a commercial aircraft, drat!

From the beginning, for example, CNN has been highly consistent in reporting, not misleading, what the government later validates. I have looked and find very little controversy.

Note Russia blames Ukraine saying if they had not been so aggressive in the East Ukraine against the rebels this would not have happened. Add it to the observation and evidence that many of the rebels are Russian militia who crossed the border (talk about an immigration problem!) andit makes such a denial actually a sideways admission of complicity.

The BBC is reporting the US version, which foreign news org are you referring to? Share your sources with us.

I'm not into conspiracy theories right now, by the media or some other fifth column.

July 18, 2014 at 4:54 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"I have ask what meaningful thing has he wanted to do that he has not been able to because of the republicans?"

Close Gitmo.

July 18, 2014 at 5:01 p.m.
rick1 said...

Gaus, I guess you forgot that democrats controlled both the House and Senate during Obamas first two years in office and they did not close Gitmo. That's on Obama, Reid and Pelosi not the Republicans.

July 18, 2014 at 5:35 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Gauss:

Refine ACA, immigration reform, get judges approved to the bench, get appointments to agencies approved, get a budget passed that conforms to the sequestration, or removes it, tax reform, fix medicaid and medicare in all the states, provide unrestricted access to all medical care for women, ensure the Civil Rights Act is enforced, raise taxes to fix the highway trust fund, suffer 40 something futile votes to end ACA, put a new shadow Justice behind each of the 4 Catholic male Supreme Court Justices...

Do I need to keep going or do you get the idea?

July 18, 2014 at 5:44 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Carte Blanche, eh IQ?

July 18, 2014 at 6:33 p.m.
Ki said...

inquire, I really don't miss much of anything. I just have more worldlyinternational sources to rely on. ;)

July 18, 2014 at 7:01 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

KI, It is entirely possible your worldly sources a broader than the ones I rely upon, but as i asked before, what are your sources so we can be sure?

TJD, just civil behavior and affording the President his prerogatives.

July 18, 2014 at 7:23 p.m.
Ki said...

That I'm not at liberty to reveal in an open forum, inquire. Also, you've misinterpreted what I wrote. I never said nor implied the president was involved in misleading anyone. If you'd go back and read my postings you'd realize that. There are other factors outside the president's control. I'm sure you're more than aware of that. Be patient...all things committed in the dark have a way of finding their way to the light.

July 18, 2014 at 11:05 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

KI, That is a lame claim, as an old German physics professor once said, a stone age trick, if you aren't at liberty to reveal in an open forum you aren't at liberty to release it at all. I've been in that game.

July 18, 2014 at 11:26 p.m.
fairmon said...

In todays press conference Obama once again demonstrated his unique ability to talk at length and say nothing.

alprova said....There was a popular jobs bill that has been held up in the House for two years.

What was it and popular with who? number?

July 18, 2014 at 11:48 p.m.
Ki said...

Really inquire? Did YOU reveal any specific sources? Did anyone ask you too? Your're a hypocrite of the highest order.

Answer this: Why was this flight rerouted to fly over this airspace while other flights that day were diverted around it, and allegedly just 14 minutes before Israel initiated its ground offensive in Gaza? Someone (S) know Americans are easily distracted, have short attention spans and can't walk and chew bubblegum simultaneously. ;)

July 19, 2014 at 3:08 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.