There have been eight recorded shootings in Chattanooga in the past six days.
The latest happened early this morning.
Chattanooga police responded to a hospital for a person shot around 2 a.m.
Officers spoke to the victim, 50-year-old Charles Hudson, who stated he was shot in the knee by an unknown suspect while walking down West 38th Street.
Hudson was treated for the injury which was non-life threatening.
Chattanooga police ask anyone with information regarding this crime to call 423-698-2525.
The last six shootings:
• Friday, June 20 - 7310 Standifer Gap Road: Police were called about 9:30 p.m. and found Brandon Langford, 33, suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg after an apparent home invasion attempt. Both assailants are believed to be black males.
• Saturday, June 21 - 3900 Jasmine Street: 21-year-old Clarence Roberts was taken to Erlanger Hospital in critical condition following an early morning shooting. No suspect information available.
• Saturday, June 21 - 1600 South Orchard Knob Avenue: 31-year-old Gabino Ramirez and 32-year-old Fernando Ramirez both shot around 10:30 p.m. and transported to Erlanger with non-life threatening injuries. The suspects are two 20-25-year-old black males.
• Monday, June 23 - Police responded to a local hospital where Kyle Worley, 19, said he was shot in his backyard at 2013 East 14th Street by an unknown black male. Worley was treated and released for non-life threatening injuries.
• Wednesday, June 25 - 4700 South Terrace Road: 32-year-old Cedric Mikes was found dead after police received a call about a traffic crash. Mikes' vehicle had rolled down an embankment. He was found to be suffering from a gunshot wound.
• Wednesday, June 25 - 1400 Bennett Avenue: 41-year-old Charles James King was found dead in a vehicle after police responded to the area on a shots fired call.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: