• Hixson Council Community Coffee Tuesday from 8 to 9 a.m. at Country Inn & Suites, 5000 New Country Drive. Free event.
• Ambassador Luncheon Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Spring Hill Suites, 495 Riverfront Parkway. Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Contact Brenda Harrison to register in advance at 423-763-4320 or email@example.com.
• Social Media: Intro and Benefits Wednesday from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Presenter: Ronda Van Billiard. Attendees will learn to market their businesses effectively using social media. Topics include types of social media, the types of social media that will best benefit your business, mobile marketing and search engine optimization. This free seminar is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
• Midtown Council Meeting Wednesday from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Brainerd Golf Course, 5203 Old Mission Road. Meeting costs $10.
• ConnectForLunch Wednesday from noon to 1 p.m. at participating local restaurants. ConnectForLunch is a Chattanooga Chamber program bringing professionals together for face-to-face lunch meetings with two or three different members. This setting allows participants to make meaningful connections that can lead to new and stronger business relationships. Visit www.connect 4lunch.com/chattanooga chamber to register.
• CO.LAB Fundraiser Wednesday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Flying Squirrel Bar, 55 Johnson St. This meet-and-greet fundraiser is for those interested in learning more about startup resources in Chattanooga. Members of the CO.LAB staff, mentor network and partner groups will be on hand to answer questions, mingle with guests and connect with local start-up enthusiasts. At the end of the evening, the Flying Squirrel will donate a portion of total event sales to CO.LAB to support its continuing work in the community. Visit http://colab.co/events to learn more.
• East Ridge Council Community Coffee Thursday from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Best Western Plus, 6710 Ringgold Road. Free event.
• WEOC Employer Forum -- Hamilton County Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce, 811 Broad St. Program: "2013 Tennessee Small Business Development Center Year in Review." The Workforce Employer Outreach Committee is an ongoing effort by the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development to reach out to Tennessee employers and provide information on WEOC services and how to foster economic development. Contact Cathy Humble at 423-763-4321 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for this quarterly forum.
• Ambassador Orientation Thursday from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. This volunteer orientation includes an overview of Chamber Ambassador duties, as well as training that equips participants with strategies for leveraging Chamber connections to generate more business for their companies. RSVP to Brenda Harrison at bharrison@chattanooga chamber.com.
• Ribbon Cutting for The Jump Park Thursday from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at The Jump Park, 1810 Chestnut St. Join the Chattanooga Chamber to celebrate the grand opening of The Jump Park.
• Small Business Orientation Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other startup materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• YPAC After Hours at the Chattanooga Symphony Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St. Join YPAC for its annual After Hours partnership with the Chattanooga Symphony. Get an intimate, behind-the-scenes view of the Chattanooga Symphony including the chance to sit in on a rehearsal of the upcoming Barnett & Co. Masterworks Series Concert featuring Beethoven and Prokofiev. Free event. Light catering will be provided.
• Get a Job -- Chattanooga Girls' Leadership Academy Friday from 2 to 3 p.m. at the Chattanooga Girls' Leadership Academy, 1802 Bailey Ave. Get a Job instructs 10th-graders on the finer points of interviewing skills, completing job applications, dressing for success and other topics of importance for the 21st century workforce. Community volunteers are needed to assist with this event. Contact Cathy Humble at 423-763-4321 or chum email@example.com to participate.
• Reality Check --Tyner Academy Friday from 9 to 11:35 a.m. at Tyner Academy, 6836 Tyner Road. Reality Check teaches ninth- graders budgeting and emphasizes the connection between education and income by allowing students to role-play as heads of household while trying to provide for their families on a set budget. Community volunteers are needed to assist with this event. To volunteer for this Chattanooga Chamber career readiness program, contact Cathy Humble at 423-763-4321 or chumble@chattanooga chamber.com.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress