The editors of Singletracks, a mountain biking blog that tacks the best bike trails, rated the best metropolitan areas to live in for local mountain bike attractions.
“If you are looking to relocate and the quality of the local mountain bike trails is a determining factor, rest assured all of these cities make great choices,” Greg Heil writes.
1. Los Angeles, population of nearly 13.1 million
2. Boston, population of 4.6 million
3. Phoenix, population of 4.3 million
4. Vancouver, British Columbia, population of nearly 2.5 million
5. San Jose, Calif., population of nearly 1.9 million
6. Salt Lake City, population of 1.1 million
7. Albuquerque, New Mexico, population of 902,000
8. Colorado Springs, Colo., population of 608,000
9. Augusta, Ga., population of 576,000
10. Chattanooga, population of 538,000
Source: Top bike area selected from among 100 biggest metropolitan areas by Singletracks editors.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: