With the deadline for health insurance signups under the Affordable Care Act looming Monday, local volunteers are holding a signup event at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center.
Assistance will be available at the center, located at 1151 W. 40th street, from 4:25-6 p.m.
The event is being promoted by Organizing for Action, a social welfare nonprofit that has strongly advocated for Obamacare, along with Chattanooga District 7 City Councilman Chris Anderson.
Signup assistance can also be found at the following locations:
• Southside Community Health Center, 100 E 37th St.
• Dodson Ave. Community Health Center, 1200 Dodson Ave.
• Children's Urgent Care, 910 Blackford St.
• Erlanger Health System, 975 E. Third St.
• Metropolitan Ministries, 1112 McCallie Ave.
• Chattanooga Hamilton County Medical Society, 1917 E. Third St.
• Homeless Health Care Center, 717 E. 11th St.
• Hamilton County Health Department general information, 209-8375
• In North Georgia: Primary Health Care Center of Trenton, 13570 N. Main St.
• Primary Health Care Center of Rossville, 1430 Suggs St.
• Primary Health Care school-based center, Tiger Creek Elementary School, 134 Rhea McClanahan