• Christ United Methodist Church, 1000 Riverfront Parkway; Aging Conference, theme of "We Are All Connected: Creating an Intergenerational Community for Healthy Aging"; Valerie Radu is keynote speaker; 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday; $55 professional, $45 professionals in groups of 4 or more, $15 fulltime students with ID and caregivers or older adults. http://setnagingconf.wordpress.com or 424-4288.
• Hawkinsville Baptist Church, 7463 Pinewood Drive; Men's Health Fair; Saturday, April 5; 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Cardiologist Dr. Curti McKoy is keynote speaker; increase knowledge of key numbers to monitor health such as PSA, weight, BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol. 892-1092 or 304-1065.
• Oakwood Baptist Church, 115 Oakwood St., Chickamauga, Ga.; live simulcast of author and Bible teacher Priscilla Shirer from New Orleans, La.; 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Saturday, April 5; $20, tickets can be purchased at oakwoodbc.org/simulcast; 706-375-5760.
• Christ United Methodist Church, 8645 East Brainerd Road; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, April 5; "Iron Sharpens Iron" Christian conference for men ages 13 and older; guest speakers include former NFL quarterback Jeff Kemp, actor Robert Amaya ("Courageous"), others; $59 per person, discounts for groups of 10 or more and students; www.ironsharpensiron.net or www.mensministry.org; 423-892-9363.
• LifeSpring Baptist Church, Brainerd Crossroads, 4011 Austin St.; 6 p.m. pre-event activities; 7 p.m. dinner and program, Friday, April 25; "Women of Worth," program on human trafficking; guest speakers Jerry Redman, managing senior partner of Second Life of Chattanooga, and Allison Hale, director of Women's Ministries for DR Vision; event also includes dinner, live jazz, silent auction, more; $15 if registered by April 11, $20 after. lifespringbaptist.org/women-of-worth.
• Gateway Baptist Church, 101 Gateway Ave.; "A Mighty Fortress," concert by 85-member Fountainview Academy Orchestra and Singers from British Columbia, Canada; 7 p.m. today; free; 400-8820.
• Tasso Baptist Church, 164 Old Charleston Road NE, Cleveland, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Sunday; gospel concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystal Elam; 894-5254 or 987-4737; also, Sale Creek United Methodist Church, 14909 Dayton Pike, 6 p.m. Sunday; Freedom House of Prayer, 102 Crest Drive, 7 p.m. Friday; Bread of Life Mission, 281 Fourth St., Crossville, Tenn. 7 a.m. CDT Saturday, April 5.
• Rossville Church of God of Prophecy, 110 Cherry St., Rossville; singing by Blair Cantrell Family; 10:45 a.m. Sunday; potluck dinner follows. 432-2715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Middle Cross Baptist Church, 4009 Norcross Road, Hixson; 6 p.m. Sunday; Fifth Sunday Singing; 877-5742.
• First Church of the Nazarene, 5455 North Terrace; 6:30 p.m. Friday, April 4; gospel concert by Rhonda Frye and Riverside and David Austin. 894-5254 or 987-4737.
• Oak Grove Church of God, 9911 Highway 58, Ooltewah; concert by singer/songwriter and author Danny Wallace; 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, April 6; free, but donations accepted; 310-5114.
• Catholic Charities of East Tennessee, Chattanoogan Hote, 1201 S. Broad St.; Annual dinner to raise money for charity programs; hosted by Bishop Richard Stika and Sister Mary Christine Cremin, executive director of Catholic Charities; 6 p.m. Thursday; $100 per plate. 267-1297.
• Orchard Park Church, 951 N. Orchard Knob Ave. 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 8; Consumer Credit Counseling Service hosts lecture on "Financial Skills For College Students" for parents who want to send child to college; free; 423-698-0707.
• The Rev. Brenda Carroll, presently co-pastor of First United Methodist Church of Maryville, Tenn., has been named as superintendent of the denomination's Chattanooga District by Holston Conference Bishop Mary Virginia Taylor. She will follow the Rev. Michael Hubble. The appointment is effective in June.
Carroll, a native of Lebanon, Va., has not served in the Chattanooga District before but served in the Knoxville, Abingdon (Va.) and Maryville districts. She also has served on the conference staff and as superintendent of the Abingdon District.
Her husband, Larry, co-pastor with her of the Maryville Church, will retire in June and work with a ministry in Knoxville.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress