published Monday, September 1st, 2014

Happy Labor Day

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

150
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
alprova said...

People who complain about Hamilton County Teachers now, are sure going to have more to complain about in the future.

Dropping benefits for spouses is a sure-fired way to insure that the best teachers and other staff are going to seek life elsewhere.

I'll bet Fairmon has been celebrating about all this...

September 1, 2014 at 1:02 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^ very nasty. and personal.

September 1, 2014 at 1:10 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....I understand people with money voting for Republicans, but what I don't understand are people who receive their income from Social Security, who are on Medicare, who hear most Republican politicians state that if it were up to them, they would do away with all "entitlements," voting for the SOB's.

Because you misrepresent the facts. No one has proposed affecting those already receiving social security or Medicare. Because many people recognize the current programs are not all sustainable in the future. Because the average life expectancy has increased by a substantial amount since the Ponzi scheme was founded. Because over the next approximately 20 years there will only be three in the donating category for each in the takers group. Why do you not include the Medicare changes included in the AHCA? Who voted for the SOB's that did that?

September 1, 2014 at 4:47 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said..Dropping benefits for spouses is a sure-fired way to insure that the best teachers and other staff are going to seek life elsewhere.

I'll bet Fairmon has been celebrating about all this...

No celebration but it is the right thing to do and your predicted attrition of teachers will not occur with teachers compensation still being a good package including pensions disability etc. There is no reason why tax payers or any employer for that matter should provide healthcare for anyone other than the employee. Pay all employees more and those with the need to insure others pay for it.

Tax payer funded institutions should model those in the private sector that use defined benefits to have a predictable cost of benefits. Provide a set dollar amount and a menu of benefits that each employee can select a la carte. Employees pay out of pocket if all selections exceed the dollar amount provided for benefits. This is fair to all employees without showing favor to those choosing to have dependents. Do you have any idea what the Hamilton county government and department of education future unfunded liabilities are? The school board treated cancer with an aspirin.

September 1, 2014 at 5:13 a.m.
Reardon said...

As a small business owner, I pay $825 a month for myself, my wife, and 3 kids for a $11,000 deductible Obamacare plan.

I receive no subsidy, but my uninsurable 29-year old wife is covered, so I am grateful.

Point is -- these teachers just don't know how easy they have it, and should express some appreciation at the quality of their taxpayer-funded benefits compared to us in the private sector.

September 1, 2014 at 7:17 a.m.
Maximus said...

I'll bet Clays kids, if he has enough balls to produce any, which I doubt, GO TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS!

With our population being only 2% gay, this is a non issue!

Go Vols!

September 1, 2014 at 7:28 a.m.
fairmon said...

Maximus..this has nothing to do with gay marriage or domestic partners. The school board voted to reduce the expense of the department of education paying for a teachers spouse regardless of sexual orientation.

alprova as could be expected reacted with the typical political fear tactic stating there would be a mass exodus of good teachers and the crumbling of the Hamilton county department of education implying the children and community would experience irreparable harm. His solution must be to increase the property tax for those in Hamilton county sufficient to fund healthcare for the teachers spouse.

September 1, 2014 at 8:03 a.m.
conservative said...

I can safely predict this will be a day of whining.

And who will do the whining?

Why those who wanted and voted for those Demoncrats who set up the ACA.

Now, how did the whiners not believe health insurance cost would dramatically increase?

They had to believe someone beside themselves would pay for their healthcare.

September 1, 2014 at 8:33 a.m.
fairmon said...

It is not mathematically possible to insure millions more and subsidize some earning up to $85,000 yearly and not increase the cost for essentially everyone and more for those most successful.

It is not possible to add millions to the Medicare roles without affecting the fiscal health of Medicare/Medicaid and those that participate.

Liberals deny the reality of the math while arm in arm saying we are all in this together now give me some of yours without asking me to work for it, we are all equal you know. Their attitude is you take the risk, make good decisions and do the work but I want to participate in the rewards.

September 1, 2014 at 10:05 a.m.
Astropig said...

I'm glad they did this. Most teachers are liberal,and liberals believe that misery should be spread around "equally". Okay, this is what life is like for the rest of us. Enjoy your stay.

September 1, 2014 at 10:20 a.m.
GameOn said...

I am sick of overpaid teachers. Let's pay them like babysitters.

Teachers’ hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or10 months a year! It’s time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do – babysit! We can get that for less than minimum wage.

That’s right. Let’s give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan– that equals 6 1/2 hours).

Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day…maybe 30? So that’s $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day. However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET’S SEE…. That’s $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).

What about those special education teachers and the ones with Master’s degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute — there’s something wrong here! There sure is!

The average teacher’s salary (nation wide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days = $277.77/per day/30 students=$9.25/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student–a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!) WHAT A DEAL!!!!

September 1, 2014 at 10:44 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Because you misrepresent the facts. No one has proposed affecting those already receiving social security or Medicare."

That's utter bullsh!t. Privatizing both, cutting benefits, raising premiums, all have been proposed for those currently drawing benefits by Republicans.

"Because many people recognize the current programs are not all sustainable in the future."

If Peter had not been robbed to pay Paul, both Social Security and Medicare would have remained solvent for decades to come.

"Because the average life expectancy has increased by a substantial amount since the Ponzi scheme was founded."

Again, if the funds that had been put in there had been left alone, there would be no Ponzi scheme argument that would hold up.

You are one of the worst to forget that most people pay a lifetime of deductions into two programs and they deserve those benefits. You're going to draw them too, if you are not already. You're very secretive about your life. A little too anonymous, if you ask me.

"Because over the next approximately 20 years there will only be three in the donating category for each in the takers group. Why do you not include the Medicare changes included in the AHCA? Who voted for the SOB's that did that?"

What are you referring to? ObamaCare has appropriated money shifted from SAVINGS in the Medicare program. There is much mors that could be saved, that is not being caught.

I could write a book about Medicare waste and fraud I have witnessed just this year.

I have received bills submitted by doctors who never saw me while a patient in the hospital, submitted to Medicare for payment. One that caught my eye that I cannot believe was paid, was a $1,500 bill from a spine surgeon when I was in for heart surgery.

The count is up to 40 Doctors claiming to have cared for me over that 3 week period this past June. Each got paid from a few hundred dollars to a couple of thousand dollars.

I don't know but what this is what hospitals have to do in order to survive these days. There are still far to many uninsured patients, right here in our area.

Somebody has to pay to keep the hospitals there for all who need them.

September 1, 2014 at 11:08 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "No celebration but it is the right thing to do and your predicted attrition of teachers will not occur with teachers compensation still being a good package including pensions disability etc."

After digging into the details, I am backing off of my previous claim. The worst that is going to happen is that the premiums for family coverage will rise for Hamilton County employees by $100 a month, if a spouse has no offered insurance plan available to them.

"There is no reason why tax payers or any employer for that matter should provide healthcare for anyone other than the employee. Pay all employees more and those with the need to insure others pay for it."

You're one of those people who feel that no one should have any benefits, aren't you?

When the tide turns and there are more jobs than those who need them, and it will happen, those benefit packages will return.

"Tax payer funded institutions should model those in the private sector that use defined benefits to have a predictable cost of benefits. Provide a set dollar amount and a menu of benefits that each employee can select a la carte. Employees pay out of pocket if all selections exceed the dollar amount provided for benefits. This is fair to all employees without showing favor to those choosing to have dependents."

You're the only person I have ever encountered who worries day and night about someone getting something you cannot have, because you CHOOSE to remain single.

September 1, 2014 at 11:20 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

You're getting very personal and nasty, Anthony. Maybe you could accuse Fairmon of bombing a bus full of Nuns.

September 1, 2014 at 11:27 a.m.
alprova said...

Maximyth wrote: "alprova as could be expected reacted with the typical political fear tactic stating there would be a mass exodus of good teachers and the crumbling of the Hamilton county department of education implying the children and community would experience irreparable harm."

With other school systems offering better deals, including family coverage at no cost to the employee, I still maintain that there will be an exodus of teachers. How many remains to be seen.

"His solution must be to increase the property tax for those in Hamilton county sufficient to fund healthcare for the teachers spouse."

You're too stupid to understand that if you pay property taxes, you've been contributing to such an expenditure every year.

If you ever get married and have kids, and move on from your part-time Taco Bell job, you'll learn what it is all about.

September 1, 2014 at 11:27 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo says to Maximus:"You're too stupid to understand that if you pay property taxes, you've been contributing to such an expenditure every year. If you ever get married and have kids, and move on from your part-time Taco Bell job, you'll learn what it is all about." and he says I get too personal and nasty

September 1, 2014 at 11:29 a.m.
fairmon said...

"Because many people recognize the current programs are not all sustainable in the future."

If Peter had not been robbed to pay Paul, both Social Security and Medicare would have remained solvent for decades to come

alprova...all funds are accounted for. It is an accounting process and all revenue to social security is accounted for and is in the general fund, thanks to LBJ. Currently there is a surplus but as the differential between the number drawing and the number contributing narrows the fiscal health of the program will be threatened. That is estimated to be several years in the future. No worries, it is healthy beyond your life time so your dead ass won't be affected.

September 1, 2014 at 11:31 a.m.
alprova said...

Conservative wrote: "I can safely predict this will be a day of whining. And who will do the whining? Why those who wanted and voted for those Demoncrats who set up the ACA."

Hell, even the Republicans have quit whining about ObamaCare. It's the law of the land and it will continue to move forward.

"Now, how did the whiners not believe health insurance cost would dramatically increase?"

That effect is only temporary. As more and more people come online, the downward pressure will be applied and costs will go down.

It took four years for it to happen in Massachusetts. It's going to take as long or longer for the nation to adapt to it.

"They had to believe someone beside themselves would pay for their healthcare."

Now where would you get an idea like that? The entire point of ObamaCare is to force people to take some self-responsibility for the costs for their health care.

Nobody gets away free anymore. Everybody will eventually be paying something towards the cost of their health care.

September 1, 2014 at 11:34 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...You're the only person I have ever encountered who worries day and night about someone getting something you cannot have, because you CHOOSE to remain single.

I never worry about it and have no problem with someone having something I don't but I resent them having it at my expense. My neighbors have a big new Mercedes and I don't. I don't mind them having one and I was not ask to help pay for it. You are the greedy one that worries about someone having more than you without sharing it until everyone is equally impoverished and dependent.

September 1, 2014 at 11:41 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "It is not mathematically possible to insure millions more and subsidize some earning up to $85,000 yearly and not increase the cost for essentially everyone and more for those most successful."

Everyone will eventually be paying more for their personal costs, if they didn't pay previously. Subsidies will eventually be absorbed by the insurers.

Some subsidies are already being absorbed by the insurers. My Part-D plan is a perfect example. I am on one drug that retails for $635.00 a month. My co-pay is $17.00 a month. I pay a higher premium for that plan than most of them cost, but I will never pay more than that per month for that drug and I will never hit a donut hole.

"It is not possible to add millions to the Medicare roles without affecting the fiscal health of Medicare/Medicaid and those that participate."

Who or what do you believe was paying the cost for indigent care prior to ObamaCare? Every single hospital and other medical providers sucked from the Federal teat.

"Liberals deny the reality of the math while arm in arm saying we are all in this together now give me some of yours without asking me to work for it, we are all equal you know. Their attitude is you take the risk, make good decisions and do the work but I want to participate in the rewards."

The fact that you don't want to face up to, is that there is more than enough resources to make this thing work. This is one time when America is being forced to think about their fellow Americans, whether they want to or not.

If you are what you claim you are, and you earn what you claim to earn, then you are not overtaxed a damn dime. You in fact are paying less, in terms of percentage of income, than most people who work at a job for a living.

You're constant bitching about taxes that you aren't supposed to be paying, leads me to doubt many of your claims, and for that reason.

Your contribution to all the subsidies being offered is a couple of pennies per dollar you pay in taxes, if that. So your complaint will always fall on deaf ears.

September 1, 2014 at 11:51 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...You're one of those people who feel that no one should have any benefits, aren't you?

No I am not. An employer should provide anything they can legally provide for employees but not other than the employee. Those cost for benefits for anyone other than the employee are a business cost with no taxes due to the business as though they were also employees. At the very least any non-employee cost of benefits should not be a business deduction and reported as ordinary taxable income to the employee.

September 1, 2014 at 11:53 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....Everyone will eventually be paying more for their personal costs, if they didn't pay previously. Subsidies will eventually be absorbed by the insurers.

That may be the most ridiculous statement you have made regarding healthcare. Insurers won't and shouldn't be expected to absorb anything they can't recover from someone.

September 1, 2014 at 11:57 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "alprova...all funds are accounted for."

Who said they weren't? That's hardly the point. It ought to be a prosecutable crime to have touched a dime in either one of those two entitlement coffers.

"It is an accounting process and all revenue to social security is accounted for and is in the general fund, thanks to LBJ."

Hardly comforting considering the debt that is not being touched because taxes are still artificially low.

"Currently there is a surplus but as the differential between the number drawing and the number contributing narrows the fiscal health of the program will be threatened."

I can think of an easy fix for several years. It's called amnesty for illegals. Legalize them, give them all Social Security numbers, tax them, and it provides a whole new instant revenue source for years to come.

"That is estimated to be several years in the future. No worries, it is healthy beyond your life time so your dead ass won't be affected."

I'm a believer of reincarnation. I'll be back.

Why so nasty to me about that Harp? It's not as if I had a thing to do with the way things have turned out. There are 535 people in Congress who have spent all that money over the years.

September 1, 2014 at 12:04 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Does any poster here like to talk more about themselves than Alprova? Good grief, man.

September 1, 2014 at 12:05 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...Some subsidies are already being absorbed by the insurers. My Part-D plan is a perfect example. I am on one drug that retails for $635.00 a month. My co-pay is $17.00 a month. I pay a higher premium for that plan than most of them cost, but I will never pay more than that per month for that drug and I will never hit a donut hole.

Hello world...there is no guarantee your co-pay won't increase and you can bet your premium will go up. The insurer has absorbed nothing however, those with the same plan and less expense have absorbed some of your cost.

I think you hit the do-nut hole based on the combined cost of what you pay and what the insurer pays on your behalf. With other cost for drugs under that plan you can expect to reach the do-nut hole soon, If that is the only cost you may not. I am sure, should you hit the hole, you would post a correction here.

September 1, 2014 at 12:06 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...The fact that you don't want to face up to, is that there is more than enough resources to make this thing work. This is one time when America is being forced to think about their fellow Americans, whether they want to or not.

Well, so much for freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and your claim the government has not interfered with the lives of anyone. Those that give little to nothing, like the VP, don't trust the American people to be benevolent and avoid the greed and overhead of the government although they have never failed to respond to any real need in the world. I should have invited you to go to New Orleans with my habitat for humanity friends so you could contribute and see what real caring for your fellow man is.

September 1, 2014 at 12:17 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "I never worry about it and have no problem with someone having something I don't but I resent them having it at my expense."

That's where your brain takes a wrong off-ramp every time. You're not paying a dime for people's tax deductions.

"My neighbors have a big new Mercedes and I don't. I don't mind them having one and I was not ask to help pay for it."

Uh huh...

"You are the greedy one that worries about someone having more than you without sharing it until everyone is equally impoverished and dependent."

Really? When have I ever even come close to making such a statement? I have what I have because I worked for it. I've been working since I was 16 years old.

I don't want a damn thing from anyone else. I have all I will ever need for the rest of my life.

I am drawing what I am drawing for two reasons. I paid into the system for 36 years, uninterrupted and because I medically qualify for benefits, which believe it or not was against my will, but totally necessary as it turned out.

I thank God for the Social Worker at Erlanger, who came to see me at my bedside, who convinced me that my condition was to the point that I needed to start the disability process three years ago, because the train wreck was coming.

I doubted it all, but as it turns out, she was right. She saw from my medical reports, that which I could never have imagined or predicted. I thought I was fine.

Had I decided against it back then, I'd really be in a world of hurt today.

You've got some nerve to call me greedy. You'll never read a damn word of complaint regarding my personal circumstance and never about money.

September 1, 2014 at 12:21 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...I can think of an easy fix for several years. It's called amnesty for illegals. Legalize them, give them all Social Security numbers, tax them, and it provides a whole new instant revenue source for years to come.

Why illegals, would you not allow current unemployed citizens that opportunity? I am tired of hearing they do work Americans won't do. That is BS, Americans would do the same work if they were hungry and not government dependent if a job is available. Construction workers are idle while illegals do their work at cheaper rates so the potential taxes would actually be less than if Americans were doing the work for the normal craft rates. Or do you like the low cost that comes with their low pay?

September 1, 2014 at 12:22 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "No I am not. An employer should provide anything they can legally provide for employees but not other than the employee."

That's not your call or concern.

"Those cost for benefits for anyone other than the employee are a business cost with no taxes due to the business as though they were also employees."

It is a perfectly legal expense that a business/business owner is allowed to deduct from their taxes. That again, is not your concern or call to make.

"At the very least any non-employee cost of benefits should not be a business deduction and reported as ordinary taxable income to the employee."

You're a hard shelled man. If you were an employer, I shudder to think what life would be like working for you.

September 1, 2014 at 12:27 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...I could write a book about Medicare waste and fraud I have witnessed just this year.

Include it in that book you wrote before about how much more efficient and accurate government does everything than any private entity could ever do. Your observation are like a poll, you can multiply your observations thousands of times to get an idea of just how out of control it is. But, you and others have said it would cost more to prevent than it would save which is more BS. You can rest assured the same could be found in essentially every welfare program funded by the government and all of the fraud and pilfering is not by the recipients.

September 1, 2014 at 12:32 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo, what kind of living wages are provided for your car lot employees?

September 1, 2014 at 12:32 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "That may be the most ridiculous statement you have made regarding healthcare. Insurers won't and shouldn't be expected to absorb anything they can't recover from someone."

As I wrote elsewhere, insurers are already absorbing or spreading out high costs among those who are costing them nothing.

An average, overall profit is what they are all seeking. As long as they continue to progress, it will continue to improve.

The concept is not new. Insurers have always done it, but in the past, they were allowed to pick and choose. That no longer being the case, the onus to make ObamaCare work is on them.

If they fail, they know full and well that the next step will be to cut them completely out.

September 1, 2014 at 12:33 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...You're a hard shelled man. If you were an employer, I shudder to think what life would be like working for you.

Don't even try to imagine it, I would never knowingly hire anyone like you.

September 1, 2014 at 12:35 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Hello world...there is no guarantee your co-pay won't increase and you can bet your premium will go up. The insurer has absorbed nothing however, those with the same plan and less expense have absorbed some of your cost."

You've stated the same thing I have, but a little differently. The insurer does have all the control, does it not?

My premiums and co-pays are contractually guaranteed until renewal at the end of the year.

"I think you hit the do-nut hole based on the combined cost of what you pay and what the insurer pays on your behalf."

My plan is based on how much I pay throughout the year, and just the other day, I received a letter informing me that I would not be hitting any donut hole. Not even close.

"With other cost for drugs under that plan you can expect to reach the do-nut hole soon, If that is the only cost you may not. I am sure, should you hit the hole, you would post a correction here."

Not gonna happen with the plan I selected.

September 1, 2014 at 1:50 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

I'm curious about benefits and living wage at the car lot.

September 1, 2014 at 1:53 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Well, so much for freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and your claim the government has not interfered with the lives of anyone."

You're life goes on doesn't it? You're not out a penny more since ObamaCare has been the law of the land, right?

"Those that give little to nothing, like the VP, don't trust the American people to be benevolent and avoid the greed and overhead of the government although they have never failed to respond to any real need in the world."

Not everyone discloses or brags what they do for others. I tend to take such claims with a grain of salt, because I just don't care for braggarts.

"I should have invited you to go to New Orleans with my habitat for humanity friends so you could contribute and see what real caring for your fellow man is."

Harp, my friend, I don't need any lessons on how to care for my fellow man. I've got that all under control and although I would never, ever brag or reveal any specifics, I absolutely do my part and have for years.

I will offer this much. I was in New Orleans a few days after Katrina and in Galveston the week after.

September 1, 2014 at 1:56 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alprova says "I will offer this much. I was in New Orleans a few days after Katrina and in Galveston the week after." Bwahahaha if he was there, it was for the free cheese.

September 1, 2014 at 2:03 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Why illegals, would you not allow current unemployed citizens that opportunity?"

Because anyone who does not have a job at this point and time, doesn't want a job. Unemployment is at or around 6%-6.5% Jobs are out there for anyone who wants one.

"I am tired of hearing they do work Americans won't do. That is BS, Americans would do the same work if they were hungry and not government dependent if a job is available."

Then why are they not doing it? All I hear is bitching from people who have jobs already. You're not in tune with what's going on out there.

"Construction workers are idle while illegals do their work at cheaper rates so the potential taxes would actually be less than if Americans were doing the work for the normal craft rates."

There may be some truth to that, but that is not the fault of the workers. You seem to not want to hold those who hire the illegals at a cheaper rate of pay, responsible for it.

"Or do you like the low cost that comes with their low pay?"

Why would you ask me that question? I have never hired an illegal worker in my life.

September 1, 2014 at 2:04 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo, have you whined to TFP yet today?

September 1, 2014 at 2:11 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Include it in that book you wrote before about how much more efficient and accurate government does everything than any private entity could ever do."

The United States Government does many things correctly and efficiently.

The NSA, NASA, Dept. of Agriculture, Bankruptcy Courts, CDC, CIA, Coast Guard, DOL, FBI, FCC, FRS, FDA, GAO, HUD, U.S. Mint, NFIP, National Guard, NHIC, NHTSA, NOAA, National Park Service, OSHA, Peace Corps, SEC, SBA, Tricare, and the Weather Service are all prime examples of agencies that all qualify under that criteria.

"Your observation are like a poll, you can multiply your observations thousands of times to get an idea of just how out of control it is."

Really? You wouldn't be exaggerating now would you?

"But, you and others have said it would cost more to prevent than it would save which is more BS."

I've said WHAT? I've always stated that prevention is far more efficient and far less costly than to wait until one is sick.

"You can rest assured the same could be found in essentially every welfare program funded by the government and all of the fraud and pilfering is not by the recipients."

Well, if I might, I'd much rather put up with a little fraud and waste than for someone who needs assistance not be able to receive it.

And I'm not referring to myself when I make that statement. I have not been denied a thing I have needed.

You worry too much about pennies that you might be paying. Your taxes have not increased a dime in at least six years, unless you have earned more.

September 1, 2014 at 2:31 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie wrote: "Alpo, what kind of living wages are provided for your car lot employees?"

I have no employees.

"I'm curious about benefits and living wage at the car lot."

You wouldn't meet the hiring criteria, so what the wages are and what bennies are available are none of your concern.

"Alpo, have you whined to TFP yet today?"

That's your thing. Not mine. I've got nothing at all to complain about.

"Bwahahaha if he was there, it was for the free cheese."

You have no idea just how stupid that comment really is.

Grow up you dork.

September 1, 2014 at 2:32 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Don't even try to imagine it, I would never knowingly hire anyone like you."

That's the thing; I never mix politics with business. You'd never know the real me if I were seeking a job. I'd waltz right in, impress the hell out of you, and you would hire me in a minute.

But, I'd have checked you out first and decided to blow off the interview, after finding out that your compensation package sucked.

September 1, 2014 at 2:45 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher wrote:

"Now, how did the whiners not believe health insurance cost would dramatically increase?"

That effect is only temporary. As more and more people come online, the downward pressure will be applied and costs will go down.

It took four years for it to happen in Massachusetts. It's going to take as long or longer for the nation to adapt to it.

============================================

"That effect is only temporary."

So, he agrees with me about higher costs, but says it just temporary. Nice fairy tale, now tell us a western.

"As more and more people come online, the downward pressure will be applied and costs will go down."

Nice theory but only if there is less coverage and the Demoncrats will always oppose that.

"It took four years for it to happen in Massachusetts. It's going to take as long or longer for the nation to adapt to it."

But he used the word temporary, look for yourself and he says it will take longer than four years.

Well I certainly agree with his contradiction of himself.

September 1, 2014 at 2:55 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo, please allow us the rate per hour for the car washer. Could he buy a home? Provide for his family? Inquiring minds want to know.

September 1, 2014 at 3:11 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said... I'd have checked you out first and decided to blow off the interview, after finding out that your compensation package sucked.

Good, you would be looking for something we would not provide and would not have to listen to your greedy demands. I have assisted people starting businesses that followed my advice to avoid getting involved with benefits, their administrative cost and other headaches but pay people well, in fact 15% above the average in the MSA for like work. Allow people to decide for what and how they wanted to spend their money. We did invite vendors in to explain what they had to offer and at what cost for those that had an interest. The business is still successful and growing but the ACA may require the employer to establish a healthcare savings account for each employee which still puts the employee in charge of what they buy from whom.

September 1, 2014 at 3:14 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...You worry too much about pennies that you might be paying. Your taxes have not increased a dime in at least six years, unless you have earned more.

The debt has exploded higher plus it is the principle not the amount. Of course you couldn't care less the impact on future generations of the failed government programs.

September 1, 2014 at 3:18 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...The United States Government does many things correctly and efficiently.

The NSA (ARE YOU SURE?), NASA ( WHY NO LONGER ACTIVE?), Dept. of Agriculture (THAT IS A JOKE), Bankruptcy Courts, CDC, CIA, Coast Guard, DOL, FBI, FCC, FRS, FDA, GAO, HUD, U.S. Mint, NFIP, National Guard, NHIC, NHTSA, NOAA, National Park Service, OSHA, Peace Corps, SEC, SBA, Tricare, and the Weather Service are all prime examples of agencies that all qualify under that criteria.

You are naïve. Most of those could be done much more efficiently.

September 1, 2014 at 3:22 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said.."Your observation are like a poll, you can multiply your observations thousands of times to get an idea of just how out of control it is."

Really? You wouldn't be exaggerating now would you?

Only if you are exaggerating your personal experience which is very possible. Why would yours be different than many others?

September 1, 2014 at 3:24 p.m.
fairmon said...

"Or do you like the low cost that comes with their low pay?"

alprova said...Why would you ask me that question? I have never hired an illegal worker in my life.

Have you ever bought anything produced by an illegal worker?

September 1, 2014 at 3:27 p.m.
fairmon said...

"Why illegals, would you not allow current unemployed citizens that opportunity?"

Because anyone who does not have a job at this point and time, doesn't want a job. Unemployment is at or around 6%-6.5% Jobs are out there for anyone who wants one.

The eligible labor participation rate is the lowest in decades. Why are welfare cost going up if jobs are so plentiful? That unemployment percent is a very misleading number.

September 1, 2014 at 3:29 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie wrote: "Alpo, please allow us the rate per hour for the car washer. Could he buy a home? Provide for his family? Inquiring minds want to know."

I never hired a car washer.

September 1, 2014 at 5:55 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Uh huh

September 1, 2014 at 6:12 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Good, you would be looking for something we would not provide and would not have to listen to your greedy demands."

Yeah, uh huh, sure.

"I have assisted people starting businesses that followed my advice to avoid getting involved with benefits, their administrative cost and other headaches but pay people well, in fact 15% above the average in the MSA for like work."

15% more but no bennies? I'm sure people are just jumping at the chance to work for companies like that. At $12.00 an hour, 15% more would be $1.80 an hour. At $15.00 an hour, it would be $2.25 an hour more.

At minimum wage, where I'm almost convinced you believe people deserve to be paid, it adds @1.12 to become $8.62 an hour.

Not exactly pounding the ground there.

Are people going for it now? I'm sure there are, but you can bet they are looking for greener pastures and will jump your business model the minute they have the chance.

"Allow people to decide for what and how they wanted to spend their money. We did invite vendors in to explain what they had to offer and at what cost for those that had an interest. The business is still successful and growing but the ACA may require the employer to establish a healthcare savings account for each employee which still puts the employee in charge of what they buy from whom."

Good luck with that business model. I don't know many people that would jump at it. If it is growing, which I seriously doubt, it can only be due to a diminished economy and the fact that it is an employer's market currently, but that will change, and when it does, people will jump to something with offered benefits, you mark my word.

September 1, 2014 at 6:13 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "The debt has exploded higher plus it is the principle not the amount. Of course you couldn't care less the impact on future generations of the failed government programs."

If I did care, what good would it do? You nor I have the power to change a damn thing. I am not responsible for it. I did not cause it.

There are 535 elected officials involved in every dollar spent and until the American people send THEM ALL a message that it has to stop, it is not going to stop.

You have yourself a cardiac event over it, for all the good that will do you.

I'm going to smile myself silly and live my life worry free.

September 1, 2014 at 6:17 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "You are naïve. Most of those could be done much more efficiently."

90% of them, I would not want touched, for what they do is not only important, but imperative to the future of all of us.

You're free as can be to post any reason why you believe one of those on that list, is not being operated correctly and efficiently.

Details...not garbage.

September 1, 2014 at 6:21 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Blah blah blah blah blah

September 1, 2014 at 6:23 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon asked: "Have you ever bought anything produced by an illegal worker?"

How would I know? It is not my habit to inquire of every company, the status of their workers, before I purchase a service or goods.

It would not bother me one bit to learn that I have in fact supported an illegal immigrant at some point and time, for I am all for amnesty for every single one who is in the United States today.

Legalize them, give them a Social Security number, tax the hell out of their wages, and make them all citizens in good standing.

September 1, 2014 at 6:26 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "The eligible labor participation rate is the lowest in decades."

What official bureau has confirmed this?

"Why are welfare cost going up if jobs are so plentiful?"

Your information is quite out-dated. Welfare is not growing. It is in fact going down and has for the last four years. It peaked at $700 billion in 2010. 2011 was $650 billion. 2012 was $575 billion. 2013 was $525 billion. 2014 is estimated at $500 billion.

It is projected to continuing to decrease through the end of 2015, with minimal increases through 2020.

"That unemployment percent is a very misleading number."

What do you know that the BLS does not know, and if you are so confident that your information is more accurate, why aren't you alerting the media to all this false information being released by a Governmental agency?

The current unemployment figure stands at 6.2 percent and the BLS stands by it. It is not misleading.

All you Obama bashers are running out of stuff to bash him with. He's making chumps out of each and every one of you.

September 1, 2014 at 6:43 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alprova, how can you recover from the beat-down put on you by fairmon?

September 1, 2014 at 6:57 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...Are people going for it now? I'm sure there are, but you can bet they are looking for greener pastures and will jump your business model the minute they have the chance.

The employer pays more than those doing like work including the benefits cost ex matching social security and administrative cost of those included in the MSA. Employers list social security match as an employee benefit. The attrition rate is low since people know the deal coming in. Most have a working spouse and some have coverage through that spouse. I don't know how many kids they have but I suspect few or none. I won't reveal the pay rate which may identify the company but it exceeds any of the examples you used.

I understand your fear of getting too far from the government teat but some people see value in retaining their independence. Do you encourage others to suckling to ease your own conscience or is it due to some paternal instinct you are burdened with?

September 1, 2014 at 7:25 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "The employer pays more than those doing like work including the benefits cost ex administrative cost of those included in the MSA."

Bullsh!t!! Try floating that by someone who doesn't know better.

No employer would embrace any idea that you have offered today that would benefit the employee and cost the employer more.

Tax wise, any employer, especially one with fewer than 50 employees, is losing money they could be receiving in the form of a 50% tax credit for providing health care benefits, on top of the tax deduction they receive for their part of any premiums paid.

You're giving people some very bad advice, if in fact you are giving anyone any advice.

"The attrition rate is low since people know the deal coming in. Most have a working spouse and some have coverage through that spouse. I don't know how many kids they have but I suspect few or none."

I see. You're Utopian companies are for childless couples, so that they are not part of this insidious plan to defraud single people of more in the form of taxes.

You are so full of sh!t today.

"I understand your fear of getting too far from the government teat but some people see value in retaining their independence."

Since when are offered benefits, like health insurance, life insurance, and vision insurance considered receiving something from the Government?

Only in your twisted mind could that be rolling around.

"Do you encourage others to suckling to ease your own conscience or is it due to some paternal instinct you are burdened with?"

That deserves no answer. You're being stupid as hell to equivocate benefits offered by an employer to welfare or anything close to it.

You really ought to be a politician, because that little yarn you just spun was brilliant, that is to someone who might not know what the hell you were referring to.

You are a class A bullsh1tter, Harp. I fear for anyone in business who listens to you for a minute. You know nothing about the positive tax implications that benefit employers these days, who offer benefits to their employees.

September 1, 2014 at 7:45 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "The eligible labor participation rate is the lowest in decades."

alprova said...What official bureau has confirmed this?

The Bureau of Labor statistics. The range has been 12-14% of the eligible work force age 16 to 65.

September 1, 2014 at 7:49 p.m.
fairmon said...

fairmon said...

alprova said...I can think of an easy fix for several years. It's called amnesty for illegals. Legalize them, give them all Social Security numbers, tax them, and it provides a whole new instant revenue source for years to come.

How ludicrous can you get? The majority work jobs that make them eligible for earned income credit thus a net drain on tax revenue. It will also give more access to other government assistance thus an added burden to local state and federal budgets. Just admit it, you want to adopt every unfortunate in the world and do not agree that may be more than the already bankrupt U.S. can afford.

September 1, 2014 at 7:55 p.m.
fairmon said...

I am through for the day, too much time wasted trying to wake alprova from his dream world. Good luck on your reincarnation, maybe you will come back as a cow in India where they are cared for and protected by the even the hungriest people.

September 1, 2014 at 8 p.m.
alprova said...

"The Bureau of Labor statistics. The range has been 12-14% of the eligible work force age 16 to 65."

You're nuts. You don't even know what you're looking at, and I can't figure it out either.

The participation rate of employed to those not in the workforce is 62.9%. Those not in the workforce include students, housewives, retired, disabled, the ill and infirmed, and of course, those in prisons and jails.

As a percentage of the entire U.S. population, 59% of all working adults over the age of 20 have jobs.

One year ago, this past July, the unemployment rate stood at 7.7%

Today it stands at 6.2%

Every statistic that the BLS tracks has improved over the past year and for the past six years.

Despite all the chicken wing flappers, and all the Obama bashers, this country is in full recovery mode, unabated for five full years and counting.

I'm sure that pisses of every single Republican cheerleader and more than a few Libertarians who are not aware that they too are Republican cheerleaders.

Look at some of the commentary you have posted today Harp. You've crossed the line. You are no longer Libertarian. You're a full-fledged Republican after today.

Your RWNJ badge is on it's way.

September 1, 2014 at 8:08 p.m.
Ki said...

So in India their cows are sacred to them the same as cats and digs are loved and sacred to Americans. And fairmon doesn't see the self-righteous hypocrisy.

Confucius said: "Ignorance is the night of the mind , but a night without moon or star"

September 1, 2014 at 8:10 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "How ludicrous can you get? The majority work jobs that make them eligible for earned income credit thus a net drain on tax revenue."

The majority of them are as single as you are.

September 1, 2014 at 8:12 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

An epic beat-down, for sure.

September 1, 2014 at 8:51 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said..The majority of them are as single as you are.

Still eligible for earned income credit.

September 1, 2014 at 11:50 p.m.
fairmon said...

The participation rate is an important metric to note when looking at unemployment data because unemployment figures reflect the number of people who are looking for jobs but are unable to secure employment. The participation rate includes those that have given up or quit looking.

The participation rate and unemployment data should be observed in tandem to give a better understanding of the overall employment status.

2008 rate ~66.5% with a long down trend to the current 62.5%.

September 2, 2014 at 12:20 a.m.
fairmon said...

The labor force participation rate trend is very obvious...

Jan 08=66.2

Jan 09=65.7

Jan 10=64.8

Jan 11=64.2

Jan 12=63.7

Jan 13=63.6

Jan 14=63.0

"The Bureau of Labor statistics. The range has been 12-14% of the eligible work force age 16 to 65."

You're nuts. You don't even know what you're looking at, and I can't figure it out either.

I see, since you can't figure it out I must be nuts. I am sorry you can't figure it out but I know exactly what I am talking about and if you watch Bloomberg or most financial channels you will see that number, I think it is labeled M-5, reported when unemployment is reported. You can also find it on the bureau of labor web site.

September 2, 2014 at 12:35 a.m.
fairmon said...

Ki said...

So in India their cows are sacred to them the same as cats and digs are loved and sacred to Americans. And fairmon doesn't see the self-righteous hypocrisy.

Confucius said: "Ignorance is the night of the mind , but a night without moon or star"

Your cute little Confucius quote is very applicable to you. Obviously you know about as little about India as you do the U.S. However, maybe alprova will reincarnate as an American dog or cat if he is lucky. You obviously would be a candidate to return as a frog, warts and all, with continuous croaking. Or, a goose whose only contribution is squawking and crapping everywhere.

September 2, 2014 at 12:41 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

The carnage continues...

September 2, 2014 at 12:46 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Still eligible for earned income credit."

Not very likely. Immigrants aren't necessarily working for peanuts these days.

September 2, 2014 at 1:13 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "The participation rate is an important metric to note when looking at unemployment data because unemployment figures reflect the number of people who are looking for jobs but are unable to secure employment. The participation rate includes those that have given up or quit looking."

Ask yourself what kind of people "give up" or "quit looking?"

Anyone who wants or needs a job is still looking for one. The Baby Boomers are starting to retire, which is surely going to be driving participation down, since large families are rare among baby boomers.

September 2, 2014 at 1:19 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "I see, since you can't figure it out I must be nuts. I am sorry you can't figure it out but I know exactly what I am talking about and if you watch Bloomberg or most financial channels you will see that number, I think it is labeled M-5, reported when unemployment is reported. You can also find it on the bureau of labor web site."

Oh I know full and well where you are getting those numbers. They're bullsh!t and they always have been.

This crap that the "true" unemployment number is 12% - 14% is bunk.

If unemployment were that high, we would still be seeing and reading of desperation.

To take that number seriously, it would include every college and high school student who has currently returned to school and is no longer working, every housewife who decided to stay at home, and every newly disabled, ill, and/or new retiree that entered Social Security this year.

Teenagers specifically make that number appear worse than is possibly could be, because their unemployment rate hovers at around 20 percent 9 months out of the year.

You know damn good and well that people who throw that crap out there would never cite it if there was a white man or a Republican in office as President.

But for six $%&ing years, that bullsh1t has been spewed because there are people who will cite ANYTHING to discredit our current President, and what better way than to cite the alternative method of tracking classes of employment, not used by the BLS in it's official tally, to drum up super-high and artificial unemployment numbers.

The BLS official rate of unemployment stands at 6.2% and it would be cited as such for any other President this nation has ever had.

Look at the total number of employed for each month over the past year, and go back farther to satisfy your mind. Those numbers have increased ever single month for no less than five years.

You want explanations for why the percentage of participation has gone down? Look no farther than the fact that large families have all but disappeared. Baby boomers will be swelling the retired numbers exponentially.

It is not people going on welfare or some crap like that.

This is exactly why I say we need amnesty for illegals. It's an instant revenue source, and since most illegals are young, they will be able to contribute for many years to come.

We have room for them. They're already here. They all have jobs. It's madness to delay amnesty.

September 2, 2014 at 1:41 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "However, maybe alprova will reincarnate as an American dog or cat if he is lucky. You obviously would be a candidate to return as a frog, warts and all, with continuous croaking. Or, a goose whose only contribution is squawking and crapping everywhere."

I see you've decided to be butt-hurt because a couple of guys have called you on the carpet for your submissions of pseudo-intelligence and ridiculous dissertations of your clouded inspirations having to do with economics and business.

It's never personal with me, but I do have a very low tolerance for bullsh!t and I'm sorry, but you've dumped a truckload of it in this forum over the past week or so.

If you don't want to be taken to task, my advice to you would be to stick to the facts, rather than bullsh!t you have adopted as being fact from investment sites that are purposely designed to reel you in like fish with their predictions, misinformation, and outright lies.

And even better, if you're going to continue to dislike our President, at least do it for HONEST reasons, and stop with the B.S. and skewed statistics that are utterly meaningless.

P.S. - Do you know where that 12% - 14% figure comes from, without having to delve very far to find it?

6.2% + 20.0% (the teenage unemployment rate) divided by two comes to 13.1%

It's highly dishonest to include high school age kids in the unemployment numbers, but for some reason they started tracking it and it skews the numbers horribly.

Now if we can find out how many of those kids played video games all day long and how many weight 300 pounds, and how many will not be moving out of mommy and daddy's house for another 12 years or more.

September 2, 2014 at 2 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon, you look stupid trying to claim that those who are reincarnated come back as animals.

It just doesn't work that way. People are reincarnated as people every time.

One does not learn all about life in one 70 year span. One must live several lives, as several different people, born into every different circumstance, before they understand life.

It is not unusual to cross genders, but never species.

Reincarnation can be an excellent explanation for homosexuality and gender confusion.

It explains old souls and new souls. It explains why some people live their lives rather uneventfully and why others have constant turmoil with their life.

Anyone interested in learning more about the possibility or probability of reincarnation should read one of several books by Edgar Cayce.

http://www.edgarcaycebooks.org/reincarnation.html

September 2, 2014 at 2:11 a.m.

There's zero evidence of reincarnation.

"one must live several lifetimes" says who, and where's the proof?

What if I've been reincarnated, and I'm aborted? Then what does that mean? Wouldn't that be some kind of bad karma? The whole thing is ridiculous.

If I live enough lifetimes will I finally reach the conclusion that man made climate change is real?

There's zero evidence of reincarnation. You might as well believe in bigfoot or that Hillary Clinton is the smartest woman in the world.

September 2, 2014 at 5:19 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

Fairmon, you look stupid trying to claim that those who are reincarnated come back as animals.

I was being sarcastic and only referred to it after my saying social security would be fine and you would be dead before it became insolvent you said you were coming back. I have zero belief in reincarnation and zero interest in reading more about it.

September 2, 2014 at 5:46 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Still eligible for earned income credit."

Not very likely. Immigrants aren't necessarily working for peanuts these days

Who then is doing those low paying jobs Americans won't do? Who is filling the minimum wage jobs? I do believe if everyone paid their legally due taxes there would be a surprising increase in revenue. Working for cash, ill gotten gains, inflated deductions and other loop holes people use without considering businesses that do things to avoid taxes. Did you ever sell an auto for cash where you did not report the profits as income. How many people do you know that do work such as repairs, landscaping, cleaning and other work for unreported cash income? How would you respond to those claiming a high number of dependents that were not in this country and resulted in an earned income tax refund greater than taxes paid. I think it was 60 minutes that revealed several claiming the same dependents and receiving refunds. Those guilty actually were shown, admitted it and appeared to be ignorant of the fact it was illegal.

You know some unscrupulous employers of illegals withhold taxes without ever submitting anything to the government. Employers of illegals are let off too light if they are ever identified and action of any kind is taken.

Should every current illegal be given amnesty how would you stem the increase in the number entering illegally anticipating being granted amnesty? Are you suggesting that anyone seeking to become an immigrant to the U.S. be allowed to do so? Reagan proved that granting amnesty to illegals did not reduce the flow but enticed more illegal entries.

September 2, 2014 at 6:27 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...This is exactly why I say we need amnesty for illegals. It's an instant revenue source, and since most illegals are young, they will be able to contribute for many years to come.

We have room for them. They're already here. They all have jobs. It's madness to delay amnesty.

alprova....You are so full of it if you think they all have jobs and amnesty will increase tax revenue. What reliable source do you attribute that conclusion to? You sound a lot like Nancy Pelosi. I guess we will just have to do it to see if it is true. I admit I really don't care one way or the other, it is not likely to affect me, but I see no value in doing so.

September 2, 2014 at 6:35 a.m.
Ki said...

fairymon , 12:41 Sept. 2----

Hit an apparent nerve, we see? Somebody's 'bout to explode and spatter whale blubber all over their keyboard. Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww! Lol

September 2, 2014 at 7:19 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "There's zero evidence of reincarnation."

There's as much proof to reincarnation as there is to any religious belief.

The Bible even refers to it. Did you not know that?

"..."one must live several lifetimes" says who, and where's the proof?"

Again...where is the "proof" to anything surrounding religion?

"What if I've been reincarnated, and I'm aborted? Then what does that mean? Wouldn't that be some kind of bad karma? The whole thing is ridiculous."

Would it be YOUR fault if you were aborted? Are you sure that a soul actually enters a body until it is born?

"If I live enough lifetimes will I finally reach the conclusion that man made climate change is real?"

Perhaps.

"There's zero evidence of reincarnation. You might as well believe in bigfoot or that Hillary Clinton is the smartest woman in the world."

I could say the same thing about God and Jesus, could I not? Where is the actual proof they are still alive? We believe them to be alive and in charge of all things, but where is the evidence of it?

You obviously know nothing about reincarnation, and if you don't want to entertain the possibility that it is real, that's okay.

But don't just write it off as something that has no proof, because that it not true at all. There is as much proof to reincarnation as there is to all things religious.

OBE's are real. They have been documented. Edgar Cayce is the authority on the subject and he wrote several documentary books on the issue, compiling the proof you may be interested in reading.

No one is twisting your arm to believe in anything you do not want to believe, but reincarnation works very well with Christianity, and I've had some very enlightening conversations with church leaders over the years about the subject.

September 2, 2014 at 8:09 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "I was being sarcastic and only referred to it after my saying social security would be fine and you would be dead before it became insolvent you said you were coming back. I have zero belief in reincarnation and zero interest in reading more about it."

Okay. I understand why it is that you are a little put off at the moment, but don't let it ruin the rest of your life or anything.

September 2, 2014 at 8:11 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Who then is doing those low paying jobs Americans won't do?"

It's not just low-paying jobs that Americans are not doing. Americans turn their nose up at jobs that involve physical activity, some that are paying quite well these days.

"Who is filling the minimum wage jobs?"

Currently, anyone who is being turned down for better jobs. It's an employer's market, and if someone has had issue on a job prior to now, they are going to be shut out of jobs in favor of more favorable candidates.

That will be changing over the next couple of years.

"I do believe if everyone paid their legally due taxes there would be a surprising increase in revenue. Working for cash, ill gotten gains, inflated deductions and other loop holes people use without considering businesses that do things to avoid taxes."

Ah...now I see you do understand certain things.

"Did you ever sell an auto for cash where you did not report the profits as income."

You don't expect me to answer that publicly do you?

"How many people do you know that do work such as repairs, landscaping, cleaning and other work for unreported cash income?"

Actually, many.

"How would you respond to those claiming a high number of dependents that were not in this country and resulted in an earned income tax refund greater than taxes paid."

It is patently illegal to report dependents in such a manner. It's a prosecutable crime to claim dependents not in the household.

"I think it was 60 minutes that revealed several claiming the same dependents and receiving refunds. Those guilty actually were shown, admitted it and appeared to be ignorant of the fact it was illegal."

Then your bitch is with the IRS, which are not doing their jobs to catch fraud.

"You know some unscrupulous employers of illegals withhold taxes without ever submitting anything to the government. Employers of illegals are let off too light if they are ever identified and action of any kind is taken."

Again, is this MY fault? Legalize them, then those employers will have no choice but to play right.

"Should every current illegal be given amnesty how would you stem the increase in the number entering illegally anticipating being granted amnesty?"

I have no answer for that. We do have a Border Patrol that seems to be not doing its job. Why isn't anyone down their backs as to why they are ineffective in stopping the flow of immigrants, if there indeed is a flow to be stopping?

The flow of illegals has been net-zero for several years. That is a fact.

"Are you suggesting that anyone seeking to become an immigrant to the U.S. be allowed to do so? Reagan proved that granting amnesty to illegals did not reduce the flow but enticed more illegal entries."

Go back and read my previous sentences.

You need to be asking this of the Governmental Agency empowered to be dealing with the issue.

September 2, 2014 at 8:26 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "alprova....You are so full of it if you think they all have jobs and amnesty will increase tax revenue."

Earth to Harp!! Why do you think they are not being deported now? The IRS loves them. Some are paying in taxes they cannot file a refund on.

"What reliable source do you attribute that conclusion to?"

It's called common sense.

"You sound a lot like Nancy Pelosi. I guess we will just have to do it to see if it is true. I admit I really don't care one way or the other, it is not likely to affect me, but I see no value in doing so."

Okay.

September 2, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
timbo said...

Bennett,...an empty box? We are talking about insurance. That box contains no copay, $5 prescriptions, low deductible, dental (which almost no private plan covers) and only $100 per month from the teachers (up from $25 per month). This is better than 90% of private plans.

Obamacare for the same coverage would be $328 per month for the individual with a $5000 deductible.

The problem is that these liberal organizations like the NEA, TEA, and HCEA all supported Obamacare. That is no surprise because they never dreamed it would affect their great plans. They didn't mind the rest of us having crap insurance as long as they had their great plan. This is the same thing the other unions are screaming about. Be careful what you support.

This idea that the teacher's box is empty is so far from reality you wonder if Bennett is drawing his pictures from Colorado.

As far as losing "good" teachers, if they think they can have a better deal somewhere else, more power to them. Like everyone else, they don't have to work for Hamilton County. Good riddance....

September 2, 2014 at 8:48 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo: My BS detector is overheating.

September 2, 2014 at 8:50 a.m.
alprova said...

Jackie, if you want to join in on some adult conversation, knock yourself out. It's got to be getting lonely sitting at the kiddy table all day with no one to converse with.

If you believe you can illustrate where I am offering B.S. all I can offer is that you had better do your homework before you type, because you are just as likely to get your nose snipped for typing misinformation as anyone else.

More so in fact, because that's all you know how to type.

September 2, 2014 at 8:58 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo, I don't post misinformation. That's your specialty.

September 2, 2014 at 9 a.m.
alprova said...

If that is so, then prove it.

I am always willing to engage with anyone who believes they can prove me incorrect.

I never wade in on anything I am not willing to prove down to the last point.

If you think you're man enough to take me on, by all means, type away...

September 2, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Name on bit of misinformation I've posted.

September 2, 2014 at 9:19 a.m.
alprova said...

No...it isn't going to work like that.

YOU were the one who accused me of offering B.S.

Now you get busy backing up YOUR claim, first, and then we'll get to you.

September 2, 2014 at 9:27 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo said "I never wade in on anything I am not willing to prove down to the last point." Did he really say that?

September 2, 2014 at 9:28 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova...I actually enjoyed the exchange this past week end and I admit I like ringing your chime with some post I have no strong feelings about and I suspect you do the same. I plan to be busy with the holidays behind us but will check to see what BS you are spreading.

Your response that I don't like Obama is not accurate. I do think he would be fun to play golf with and I would love to kick his butt one/one basketball. I do not think he is a good POTUS and I do think he is so in over his head. Unfortunately he has to trust those he selected for key positions and I don't think they are serving him well. I don't think Harry Reid is much help either. Two more years and his hair may be totally white along with that of many others stressed out over his leadership or lack thereof.

September 2, 2014 at 9:29 a.m.
alprova said...

You're not going to start whining that you're a libel victim again, are you?

September 2, 2014 at 9:29 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpie, face reality, toad. Your creds took a giant hit with your libel of me. Your cowardice in not providing any evidence is amazing. You, pal, are the biggest fraud ever to hit the forum.

September 2, 2014 at 9:31 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Not whining. Just enjoy exposing you for the lying fraud that you are. :)

September 2, 2014 at 9:32 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Your response that I don't like Obama is not accurate. I do think he would be fun to play golf with and I would love to kick his butt one/one basketball. I do not think he is a good POTUS and I do think he is so in over his head."

What man wouldn't be over their head? What kind of job do you believe you would do if you had half the chance?

If you had one week to be President, what would you change and how would you convince the majority of Congress to go along with you?

"Unfortunately he has to trust those he selected for key positions and I don't think they are serving him well."

I disagree, but what else is new?

"I don't think Harry Reid is much help either. Two more years and his hair may be totally white along with that of many others stressed out over his leadership or lack thereof."

It's funny to me that you didn't mention John Boehner in the same sentence.

There is absolutely no leadership in Congress at the moment, at least none that can organize them and make them do their jobs.

September 2, 2014 at 9:36 a.m.
alprova said...

Jackie, I'm not discussing anything with you, if all you can keep coming back to is that incessant whining about how you were so wronged.

I'm more than willing to put all of this crap behind us, but you will not receive any apologies or retractions. You don't deserve any such consideration, because you are still harassing me on a daily basis.

So sit there and twirl like a ballerina for all I care.

September 2, 2014 at 9:41 a.m.
Maximus said...

Send your kids private schools and avoid the propaganda and total dysfunction of the public schools. The Feds have ruined our public schools and now they are working on healthcare.

September 2, 2014 at 9:43 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

No harassment Alpie. Just alerting the public. As I've said, no apology needed. A simple admission of fabrication will suffice. Then I will go away.

September 2, 2014 at 9:45 a.m.
alprova said...

I'll tell you what. You go one full week without firing up that keyboard in my direction at all, and I'll consider your request.

I know you're not going away, so don't promise things you know you're not going to follow threough with.

September 2, 2014 at 11:07 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Interested, but not with "consider". You'll have to do better than that.

September 2, 2014 at 11:10 a.m.
alprova said...

I'm sorry Jackie, but you don't get to tell me what to do nor do you have any control over the situation.

I gave you everything you wanted a month ago and you lasted less than 48 hours.

You're out of choices.

September 2, 2014 at 11:33 a.m.
timbo said...

Maximus..I have two grandsons who will never darken the door of a sexist, feminized, public school. Single sex education would be my choice. McCallie here we come...

That does solve all of these problems....for us...

September 2, 2014 at 11:35 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

No Alpy, you didn't. You make the admission that you pulled all that crap outta your a$$, and I'll comply. Simple.

September 2, 2014 at 11:42 a.m.
alprova said...

Then we're done, 'cause it ain't gonna go your way at all.

September 2, 2014 at 12:59 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Fine. que sera, sera

September 2, 2014 at 2:08 p.m.
alprova said...

Te ves muy estúpido tratando de escribir español cuando usted no sabe las palabras que escribe.

September 2, 2014 at 2:12 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

wow, alpy has found a translation site. BFD now he can lie in multiple languages.

September 2, 2014 at 2:16 p.m.
Ki said...

Yeah, right maxineMUS. We know all about those perfect private schools. The only reason they're not in the news more often is because most who attend and work there have the means and connections to keep a low profile

September 2, 2014 at 2:28 p.m.
alprova said...

這裡唯一的騙子就是你,成龍。退出你的牢騷!

September 2, 2014 at 2:31 p.m.
timbo said...

Ki....yea,right....whatever trouble that private school have is nothing compared to public schools. Your jealousy is showing..

September 2, 2014 at 2:31 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo says "Jackie, if you want to join in on some adult conversation, knock yourself out. It's got to be getting lonely sitting at the kiddy table all day with no one to converse with." funny

September 2, 2014 at 2:33 p.m.
alprova said...

When I think of private schools, I think to myself that this nation needs some more people who are socially maladjusted, who cannot relate to the opposite sex, and who believe they are world leader material.

September 2, 2014 at 2:35 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^^ Like El Presidente?

September 2, 2014 at 2:37 p.m.

Ki, "we know" who's we? Stupid comment. Got something against private schools?

Alprova, yours is equally as stupid. Stupid generalization of private schoool students.

I guess BO's daughters will be as you describe as well, huh?

September 2, 2014 at 3:44 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wroter: "Alprova, yours is equally as stupid. Stupid generalization of private schoool students."

You might think so, but I'm married to a woman who went through private schools her entire life. I know a thing or two about people who go that way.

"I guess BO's daughters will be as you describe as well, huh?"

More than likely.

September 2, 2014 at 3:53 p.m.
alprova said...

Werden Sie Jackie weinen?

September 2, 2014 at 3:57 p.m.
Ki said...

zabbydo said: "got something against private schools"?

Nope! No more than you or maxije go sumthin' against public schools?

September 2, 2014 at 4:06 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^^ seeks attention

September 2, 2014 at 4:07 p.m.
Ki said...

Sure, lil-timmy. I'm jealous lol! I've been in those private schools, and what goes on at some of them, even the religiously run, public schools are mild in comparison.

September 2, 2014 at 4:11 p.m.
alprova said...

Mały mięczak nie wierzy, że jest jak dziecko, i że nie ma to, czego potrzeba, aby rozmawiać z dorosłymi.

September 2, 2014 at 4:45 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

The beat-down has taken its toll on the liar.

September 2, 2014 at 5:12 p.m.
alprova said...

Никто не побил меня, Джеки нытик. Я выше во всех отношениях. Если у вас половина мозга, вы бы знали, что вы вечно глупо.

September 2, 2014 at 5:28 p.m.
prairie_dog said...

What should be in the box? Money they printed? Only the Feds can print money.

September 2, 2014 at 5:38 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Ki, spoken like a current or former teacher, yes?

September 2, 2014 at 5:45 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...What man wouldn't be over their head? What kind of job do you believe you would do if you had half the chance?

If you had one week to be President, what would you change and how would you convince the majority of Congress to go along with you?

I will only reveal details when elected to the position. My agenda would include an overhaul of the tax system with a preference for the fair tax proposals with minor modifications. I hope I would do less talking and do more listening.

September 2, 2014 at 6:10 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

Никто не побил меня, Джеки нытик. Я выше во всех отношениях. Если у вас половина мозга, вы бы знали, что вы вечно глупо.

Your clarity is at least consistent. This does illustrate your unique ability to communicate with those down to earth good hard working country folks you champion so often. You're the man or is it you go girl?

September 2, 2014 at 6:15 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "I will only reveal details when elected to the position."

You can't get elected without making some campaign promises that you will assuredly not live up to.

"My agenda would include an overhaul of the tax system with a preference for the fair tax proposals with minor modifications."

Okay, but what are you going to offer Congress to get them to vote for its approval?

"I hope I would do less talking and do more listening."

Oops...there goes your leadership skills...

September 2, 2014 at 6:29 p.m.
alprova said...

"Your clarity is at least consistent. This does illustrate your unique ability to communicate with those down to earth good hard working country folks you champion so often. You're the man or is it you go girl?"

I was just brushing up on my Russian, since if I listen to people who are squawking, Putin's going to be parking his tanks in front of the White House any day now, so I just wanted to be prepared.

September 2, 2014 at 6:32 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

When I think of private schools, I think to myself that this nation needs some more people who are socially maladjusted, who cannot relate to the opposite sex, and who believe they are world leader material.

Other than your wife who you say is a product of private schools and based on your comment must be socially maladjusted and cannot relate to the opposite sex. It is evident she is lacks decision making skills or something, she married you did she not?

alprova said...You might think so, but I'm married to a woman who went through private schools her entire life. I know a thing or two about people who go that way.

I see, you rate yourself an expert ("ex" "spert") and knowing a thing or two about everyone attending a private school. The fact you duped one into marrying you only reveals something about her. Those attending private schools in most cases are more mature and disciplined while learning more and have better college entry exam results. Yep, some are screwed up like you insinuate your wife is but that is not the prevalent result of private schools. She can't be too bad if you think she is different and less rounded and informed because she attended private schools. Hello, that may mean she is one hell of a woman.

September 2, 2014 at 6:34 p.m.
Maximus said...

Well what do you know, Obama's JV Team done cut off the head of another American journalist. To quote the late great comedian, Rodney Dangerfield, "we can't get no respect"!

Obama absolutely, positively the weakest, worst, American president ever. And to think some of you useful Democrat idiots voted for this money grubbing welfare pimp TWICE! Wow, how totally stupid can you be?

September 2, 2014 at 6:56 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmone wrote: "Other than your wife who you say is a product of private schools and based on your comment must be socially maladjusted and cannot relate to the opposite sex. It is evident she is lacks decision making skills or something, she married you did she not?"

Yep...we're married alright, 20 years. She is socially maladjusted, but much better these days. She still doesn't relate well to people of the opposite sex.

And worst of all, she can't make up her mind about anything.

"I see, you rate yourself an expert ("ex" "spert") and knowing a thing or two about everyone attending a private school."

I never called myself an expert.

"The fact you duped one into marrying you only reveals something about her. Those attending private schools in most cases are more mature and disciplined while learning more and have better college entry exam results. Yep, some are screwed up like you insinuate your wife is but that is not the prevalent result of private schools. She can't be too bad if you think she is different and less rounded and informed because she attended private schools. Hello, that may mean she is one hell of a woman."

Hey...I'm sorry I brought it up. Don't feel like expanding on it, so I'll drop it...for now.

September 2, 2014 at 7:03 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said..I was just brushing up on my Russian, since if I listen to people who are squawking, Putin's going to be parking his tanks in front of the White House any day now, so I just wanted to be prepared.

Understand. We know Putin is not that dumb. but, ISIS and other terrorist are crazy as all get out and may do or attempt anything. They are like rats or flies. The only way to stop them is to make them extinct. Right now countries are a lot like a neighbor that won't eradicate the varmints but spend just enough to run them to your property.

September 2, 2014 at 7:07 p.m.
alprova said...

Maximyth, these clowns would be beheading people no matter what man was President.

Their pissed at our involvement in the Middle East.

They're beheading any Americans they can find.

You can sit around stupidly and blame this all on Obama, and believe that he can bring a stop to it, but that is quite naïve.

This nation has never negotiated cash payments for the release of anyone.

What makes you think Obama should start it now?

September 2, 2014 at 7:07 p.m.
Ki said...

da' jackzun said: ki, spoken like a current or former teacher, right?

Sir! Are you askin' public or private? ;) -

September 2, 2014 at 7:12 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "We know Putin is not that dumb. but, ISIS and other terrorist are crazy as all get out and may do or attempt anything. They are like rats or flies. The only way to stop them is to make them extinct. Right now countries are a lot like a neighbor that won't eradicate the varmints but spend just enough to run them to your property."

Which is why we need to concentrate on getting every boot home, put 'em to work guarding our airports and border locations, and pay a little more attention to the needs of this country for a while.

We are not the world's police department and I'm sick of watching all this crap on the news day in and day out.

Let 'em eat beans and fart themselves to death.

September 2, 2014 at 7:13 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Ki, I would venture a public one.

September 2, 2014 at 7:19 p.m.
Ki said...

alprova, it's a waste of time trying to explain the way the world works to these people. And that dropping bombs here there and everywhere only breeds more problems and solves nothing. That america is no longer viewed as the great/respected power it once was around the world. That no one knows for sure who the enemy verses for is in that region and which side is chopping off heads, allegedly. I use the term allegedly because no one's sure if heads are actually being chopped off.

Today the friends are Shiites and Kurds. Tomorrow, they could be the enemy, at least the Shiites were once considered, and the Sunni once again the ally.

ISIS was created and financed by Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is said to have financed or largely financed the Iraqi war. Now they're demanding a show (oil) for all that heavy investment they paid. Saudi oil has long been said to be so heavily contaminated that it is virtually useless. That's why they and da' Bushie teamed up to go after Iraq.

September 2, 2014 at 7:29 p.m.
Ki said...

da' jackzun said: ki, I'd venture a public one

Yes! You would wouldn't you? ;)

September 2, 2014 at 7:31 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Yes

September 2, 2014 at 8:38 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo. Advice: Stay away from Fairmon, else he further lays waste to you.. It's gruesome.

September 2, 2014 at 8:44 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said..Let 'em eat beans and fart themselves to death.

That is too easy a death for nuts that behead and punish their own for little or no reason.

Let's become energy independent and import zero oil and assure they have zero financial access and let them drink oil since water is so scarce. They sure don't waste a drop of water bathing. No access to financial assistance and they won't have all the ammo they seem to have in abundance, they use it just celebrating and communicating. Why not just kill everyone of them? If not extinct they multiply like rats..

September 2, 2014 at 9:36 p.m.
fairmon said...

ki said... Saudi Arabia is said to have financed or largely financed the Iraqi war. Now they're demanding a show (oil) for all that heavy investment they paid. Saudi oil has long been said to be so heavily contaminated that it is virtually useless.

Why not just quote your reliable source instead just saying "is said to have". Only some conspiracy nut in a rag like the national inquirer would say something so ridiculous.

Ki said...

alprova, it's a waste of time trying to explain the way the world works to these people.

Ki, you are obviously dumber than a rock but think you have an insight beyond that of others. Do you not believe the video of the beheadings? Do you not believe the photos etc. of ISIS killings? Forget the private vs. public schools, the question is did you attend either?

September 2, 2014 at 9:49 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...
September 2, 2014 at 11:23 p.m.
alprova said...

Yes Jackie, I'm damn sure going to give you that kind retraction you've been seeking.

You hold your breath.

But first, a reminder what you are and what lies you tell...about yourself;

Remember?

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270586

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270592

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270593

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/18/ostrich/#c270595

September 3, 2014 at 1:23 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.