I'm an early-morning riser, usually getting up between 4 and 5 a.m. to have a couple of cups of coffee before getting ready for the day. So, by the time I get home in the afternoon, take care of any house cleaning, making dinner and cleaning up, I'm about ready for bed, usually retiring by 9 p.m. and falling asleep soon afterward. So, it's little surprise that I wake up around between 1 and 2 a.m. And what's there to do? Put my headphones on, turn on the radio and listen to Coast to Coast A.M. for a little while which lulls me back to sleep in no time.
One recent show featured astrologist Steven Weiss. I don't put a lot of stock in astrology, though I will admit it's intriguing. But when Weiss began talking about which types of food have an inherent appeal to specific astrological signs, I perked up and listened. The following morning, I went to Coast to Coast's Web site and found the complete list. Take it for what you will. I'm a Gemini, and I don't think he got this right. I rarely eat fast food and love spending time cooking in my kitchen. See if his predictions fit your sign:
* Gemini - likes doing things fast and quick, so they may frequent fast food places.
* Aries - are drawn to temperature extremes, such as grilled meats and ice-cold drinks. They also like to be the first to try new places.
* Taurus - appreciates the cow, whether beef or dairy. They take their time and savor high quality.
* Cancer - likes comfort foods and place importance on taste.
* Leo - enjoys food at parties and celebrations, like champagne and birthday cake.
* Libra - likes food combinations such as burger and fries or soup and sandwich, as they have an affinity for balancing different elements.
* Virgo - are healthy eaters, and focus on nutritional content.
* Scorpio - enjoys red foods like strawberries and chili peppers, and likes to make sure their money is well spent.
* Sagittarius - are adventure-minded and like to try different things.
* Capricorn - eat with practicality in mind, and treasure Mom's cooking.
* Aquarius - can become excited about particular foods and learn all they can about them. They also like food at public places such as the ballpark.
* Pisces - can retain deep and personal associations about different food items.