The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to house fire at 4020 Highland Avenue Friday morning.
The firefighters located the fire in a small room and extinguished it in roughly five minutes. The fire damage was contained to one room, but there was smoke damage to the rest of the house.
No injuries were reported.
The fire displaced the two adults who lived there.
The cause of the fire is being ruled accidental, most likely from an electrical malfunction. No working smoke alarms were found in the house.