Man working on motorcycle accidentally starts fire in outbuilding

Man working on motorcycle accidentally starts fire in outbuilding

June 18th, 2017 by Staff Report in Breaking News

400 block of Sevier Street

35.205867, -85.202313
Directions To | Directions From

A man working on a motorcycle in his outbuilding accidentally started a fire Sunday night, according to a release from Hamilton County Emergency Services.

The fire completely destroyed the building in the 400 block of Sevier Street and damaged two vehicles, according to the release.

The man added gas to his motorcycle, and when he tried to start it, sparks flew. The sparks startled the man, causing him to drop a gas can, and the fire grew.

No injuries were reported, according to the release.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the house.

Damages were estimated at $8,000.

 


Loading...