Vacant house burns in Harrison

Vacant house burns in Harrison

March 18th, 2017 by Emmett Gienapp in Breaking News

A vacant home burned in Harrison on Saturday, setting off a small brush fire.

Photo by Emmett Gienapp /Times Free Press.

A vacant home burned to the ground in Harrison Saturday afternoon, starting a small brush fire that responders worked quickly to extinguish. 

The single story home sat at the end of a long driveway on the 7300 block of Greenwood Road, but an hour after the 1:47 p.m. 911 call there were only charred remains and blackened grass around. 

At 3 p.m. firefighters pulled down what was left of an exterior wall on the front side in preparation for a walk-through to ensure no one was in the home during the blaze. 

Firefighters on the scene couldn't immediately comment on the suspected cause of the fire, but an arson investigator was present to survey the damage.