A woman has managed to escape a fire that started in her home on the 1600 block of Hattie Lane on Wednesday afternoon, according to a release from the Chattanooga Fire Department.
The woman woke up to a strange odor that she investigated, only to find her front door and living room in flames.
Since the fire rapidly spread, she did not have time to gather her pets - two dogs and a cat - before she exited the house through her bedroom window. She did not suffer any injuries and was the only person living in the residence at the time.
It took five fire companies 20 minutes to get the fire under control.
One firefighter was injured and transported to a local hospital for treatment, according to the release.