Generator leads to Irma's third South Carolina death

Generator leads to Irma's third South Carolina death

September 12th, 2017 by Associated Press in Breaking News

MIAMI (AP) —A third death in South Carolina has been attributed to Hurricane Irma.

Sumter County Coroner Robert Baker Jr. says 54-year-old William McBride was pronounced dead Tuesday of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Baker says McBride had been running a generator inside his mobile home for at least several hours, with only a single window cracked for ventilation.

Baker says power was knocked out in some parts of the county at around 8:30 p.m. Monday.

Baker says McBride's sons found him Tuesday morning and called authorities.

Hurricane Irma stories


Loading...