Local elementary school evacuated after fourth grader sets shirt on fire

Local elementary school evacuated after fourth grader sets shirt on fire

September 19th, 2017 by Staff Report in Breaking News

An elementary school was evacuated on Tuesday morning after a boy in the fourth grade set his shirt on fire, according to a release from the Chattanooga Fire Department.

Chattanooga firefighters responded to a small fire at Calvin Donaldson Elementary School at around 11:30 a.m. A fire investigator said a fourth grade boy had taken his shirt off in the bathroom and set it on fire. 

The principal and school staff worked to quickly extinguish the fire, but the entire school was evacuated as a precaution, according to the release.

No one was injured and there was no damage to the school during the incident.

The fourth grade student was taken to a local hospital for an evaluation.


Loading...