Apartment kitchen fire displaces two people

Apartment kitchen fire displaces two people

January 23rd, 2018 by Staff Report in Breaking News

A Monday night apartment fire at Royal Arms Apartments displaced two people. 

Chattanooga firefighters responded to the fire just after 9 p.m. Monday night. 

Firefighters arrived on scene to find a small kitchen fire, and quickly extinguished it.

The outcome could have been worse for the two occupants, because the occupants had unplugged the smoke alarm. A neighbor smelled smoke and alerted the occupants of the apartment and got them out. 

One of the occupants was treated for smoke inhalation. 

The dollar loss from the fire was estimated at $10,000. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental, from food being left unattended on the stove.